FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Brexit Anyone ? (part 3)
::Off-topic discussion.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17117No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years257th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 17:0320th Apr 24 07:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22
"It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21

A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.

Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3) : Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:02 pm  
Sal Paradise wrote:
I would say its the likes of you and your blinkered view of the future that is holding the country back

I thought it was immigration?
RankPostsTeam
Moderator31602
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 24 21:319th May 24 19:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3) : Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:04 pm  
Sal Paradise wrote:
Because I don't see things the way you think I should I'm thick!! typical remainer in my opinion

Its people like you that make the border in Ireland to be suddenly something similar to the wall in Berlin - its not and it doesn't mean all of a sudden armageddon. The paras are active on both sides just its called organised crime and it touches every activity both sides of the border - if you think that isn't happening you are more stupid than I thought. All parties are making plenty of money why would they want a change.

You're assuming nationalist terrorists are all solely motivated by money.

I recall there was a bit more to it and it goes back 400+ years.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 27 200222 years303rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Jun 23 20:4411th Jun 23 20:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3) : Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:29 pm  
tigertot wrote:
I thought it was immigration?

I think it the view that one of the biggest/wealthiest nations on the planet is incapable of prospering outside of the EU. Plenty of big nations mange to survive without tugging Donald Tusk's forelock so why can't we?

My view is bad deal will be done but we will survive and prosper without the need to prop up some of the basket cases in the EU
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17888
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years48th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 15:4210th May 24 15:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3) : Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:24 pm  
Sal Paradise wrote:
I think it the view that one of the biggest/wealthiest nations on the planet is incapable of prospering outside of the EU. Plenty of big nations mange to survive without tugging Donald Tusk's forelock so why can't we?

My view is bad deal will be done but we will survive and prosper without the need to prop up some of the basket cases in the EU

Well, we have some agreement in that, like you, I think we will get a deal that nobody wants (a bad deal) and there is no doubt that we will survive whether we are in the EU or outside.
The key is our relative prosperity and whether we will be better off in or out.

Many of the leave brigade acknowledge that we will be worse off in the short term and suggest that this "is a price worth paying" and in 5 or 10 years time, nobody will know whether things would have been better had we stayed within the EU, although we will be able to measure the "growth" in the UK compared with our neighbours and other members of the G20.

Since the leave vote, we have dropped back a little and if we are to take a "hit" we will drop back even further.

As for hanging on to anything Trump related, wow.

You'd rather attach yourself to one of the worlds most unpredictable leaders than stay within the EU, interesting.
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 27 200222 years303rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3) : Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:57 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Well, we have some agreement in that, like you, I think we will get a deal that nobody wants (a bad deal) and there is no doubt that we will survive whether we are in the EU or outside.
The key is our relative prosperity and whether we will be better off in or out.

Many of the leave brigade acknowledge that we will be worse off in the short term and suggest that this "is a price worth paying" and in 5 or 10 years time, nobody will know whether things would have been better had we stayed within the EU, although we will be able to measure the "growth" in the UK compared with our neighbours and other members of the G20.

Since the leave vote, we have dropped back a little and if we are to take a "hit" we will drop back even further.

As for hanging on to anything Trump related, wow.

You'd rather attach yourself to one of the worlds most unpredictable leaders than stay within the EU, interesting.

I would rather attach myself to an economy that has proved itself to be the most powerful and robust over a long period of time in the world - its current leader maybe erratic but he has precised over significant growth since he started his tenure. He will not be there long term

He is also not afraid of fight which I think is a very positive thing - I think if we had been more aggressive with the EU we would have had a deal by now. If we had been represented by people from the business community and not civil servants we would not be in the mess we are in now.

I have said it before plenty of economies smaller than ours have managed to prosper outside of the EU and that includes dealing successfully with the tariffs imposed by the EU.

We need to take a long term view of life outside of the EU not what might happen in the first two years

They idea that the economy will simply evaporate, we will all starve and we wont be able to get medicine is project fear - it simply will not happen. Most on remain side with a modicum of intelligence will accept that. Plenty of product from outside of the EU flows without delay through/into the EU

It is like the Irish border - out and out war isn't going to happen if a border is reinstated - the troubles in the 70s were a distant memory when the GFA was signed.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator31602
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 24 21:319th May 24 19:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3) : Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:31 am  
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 27 200222 years303rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3) : Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:12 pm  
Bullseye wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omagh_bombing

Wiki - like RL fans hardly a source of accurate unbiased information
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17888
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years48th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 15:4210th May 24 15:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3) : Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:53 pm  
Sal Paradise wrote:
I would rather attach myself to an economy that has proved itself to be the most powerful and robust over a long period of time in the world - its current leader maybe erratic but he has precised over significant growth since he started his tenure. He will not be there long term

He is also not afraid of fight which I think is a very positive thing - I think if we had been more aggressive with the EU we would have had a deal by now. If we had been represented by people from the business community and not civil servants we would not be in the mess we are in now.

I have said it before plenty of economies smaller than ours have managed to prosper outside of the EU and that includes dealing successfully with the tariffs imposed by the EU.

We need to take a long term view of life outside of the EU not what might happen in the first two years

They idea that the economy will simply evaporate, we will all starve and we wont be able to get medicine is project fear - it simply will not happen. Most on remain side with a modicum of intelligence will accept that. Plenty of product from outside of the EU flows without delay through/into the EU

It is like the Irish border - out and out war isn't going to happen if a border is reinstated - the troubles in the 70s were a distant memory when the GFA was signed.

I'm not sure whether you understand what a trade deal is ?
We wouldn't be attaching ourselves to the US ecconomy, just arranging an agreement for two countries to trade with each other and we would haveto negotiate this dealt with mine and your favourite politician, Mr Trump.
With the quality of negotiations managed so far with the EU, who do you think would get the most out of any deal with the US, it certainly wouldn't be the UK.

Of course countries have prospered outside the EU, however, its worth noting that 4 of the current G7 are part of the EU, so, maybe, it's not such a bad trading bloc to be part of ?

I fully agree regarding empty shelves and medical supplies etc.

IF there is a "no deal" there will very likely be some disruption to supplies of certain commodoties but, I do believe that we are resourceful enough to overcome this quite quickly. Although, you wouldnt want to be desperate for anything in the first few days after the balloon went up.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3828
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 200519 years295th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 09:0529th Sep 23 13:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
In the seaside town ...that they forgot to bomb
Signature
Heath, Wilson, Callaghan, Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May & BORIS (W.T.F.)

It's Johnson!

Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3) : Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:30 pm  
So another minister bites the dust, dear old JoJo has gone the same way as his brother, citing the Chequers deal will inflict untold damage to the nation.

At least he admits the promises from the "Leave" group were just pie in the sky & the country deserves a second vote on the whole debacle.

The cynic in me believes it's all part of the plan to inflict a "No Deal" on the country & the sadist in me actually hopes it comes to pass!
RankPostsTeam
International Star4091No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 29 201410 years263rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Dec 22 07:4723rd Nov 22 08:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brexit Anyone ? (part 3) : Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:22 pm  
Sal Paradise wrote:
I would rather attach myself to an economy that has proved itself to be the most powerful and robust over a long period of time in the world - its current leader maybe erratic but he has precised over significant growth since he started his tenure

He is also not afraid of fight which I think is a very positive thing

Firstly growth has continued as it was under Obama, although the deficit has skyrocketed due to Trumps tax cut for the rich. Trump repeats the KKK slogan, America First, why would he give us anything, the US are not going to replace the EU.

Trump isn’t afraid of a fight you say, if that’s the case could you explain why he dodged been drafted into the Vietnam War 5 times?
PreviousNext