FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Toulouse away.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 01 200519 years299th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Feb 24 21:537th Dec 21 21:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toulouse away. : Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:04 pm  
Stay well clear of Hock, total liability.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4914
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 19 200915 years287th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Jan 24 13:226th Aug 23 09:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
been around here long time, thought would start posting...........

Re: Toulouse away. : Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:36 pm  
Leon Ashton wrote:
Stay well clear of Hock, total liability.

cannot believe anyone would consider signing him. especially fax, got there on the squad playing for each other yet hock is a liability on the field at some time in the game.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5159
JoinedServiceReputation
May 17 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Oct 23 16:0827th Aug 19 15:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!

Re: Toulouse away. : Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:46 pm  
Love your optimism and congratulations for getting in the four but this is the reality of being the only part-time team in there.

The fixtures aren't kind either - pitching you in against the two teams just above you away from home.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain318No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 08 20186 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Aug 19 11:595th Aug 19 13:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toulouse away. : Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:53 pm  
I Think there needs to be some monetary realism. If the club has broken even this year it will be the first time in god knows how many years. 2015 /16 everything was blown They have achieved a managed budget this year by clamping down on the playing budget and maximising revenue streams , so what ever decisions they make breaking the bank to get Ridyard sounds like previous management by rainbow dreamers decisions not current hard nosed business decisions See how Sam Wood goes at half back before signing anyone and try get Muzza and Simon grix fit in the off season lets face it Muzza didn't score until the summer bash which tells its own tale. If Scott Grix is a signing then problem solved . Ridyard always has been class but he comes at a very premium cost . It has to be the right player at the right price. its such a shame we couldn't cling on to QLT because he altered the whole shape of our attack making it so less predictable giving the halves that extra yard cand we probably wouldn't be having these discussions . Moss might be quick but he doesn't seem to be able to lose the first defender like Qlt . Or split the defensive line.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2143
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 30 200617 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Feb 23 16:0819th Oct 19 20:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Hope without planning is about as futile as waiting for a harvest without planting
-------------------------------------
THE FIRST THING TO MAKE A DREAM COME TRUE,IS TO WAKE UP

Re: Toulouse away. : Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:18 pm  
jensenFF wrote:
I Think there needs to be some monetary realism. If the club has broken even this year it will be the first time in god knows how many years. 2015 /16 everything was blown They have achieved a managed budget this year by clamping down on the playing budget and maximising revenue streams , so what ever decisions they make breaking the bank to get Ridyard sounds like previous management by rainbow dreamers decisions not current hard nosed business decisions See how Sam Wood goes at half back before signing anyone and try get Muzza and Simon grix fit in the off season lets face it Muzza didn't score until the summer bash which tells its own tale. If Scott Grix is a signing then problem solved . Ridyard always has been class but he comes at a very premium cost . It has to be the right player at the right price. its such a shame we couldn't cling on to QLT because he altered the whole shape of our attack making it so less predictable giving the halves that extra yard cand we probably wouldn't be having these discussions . Moss might be quick but he doesn't seem to be able to lose the first defender like Qlt . Or split the defensive line.

You can only get someone fit who wants to be fit, other wise they are a liabilty.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9330
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years51st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 22:2428th Mar 24 08:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Toulouse away. : Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:40 pm  
jensenFF wrote:

Wasn’t it you who wanted to sign Jake Mammo? Probably on double what Ridyard is on. When’s Sam Wood going to be playing half back, that one confused me.

What income streams have increased out of interest? I can’t remember any significant rise in either crowds or sponsorship and I heard their were a drop in sponsorship this season. How about your fav the shop? Expected to turn a loss this year with the over purchase of goods and the need to sell off cheap just to try and recoup some of the outlay.

It seems you have been doing too much of that rainbow dreaming listening to your wannabe mates. Whatever happened to them anyway?
DNAFax 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 06 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Aug 20 10:0911th Nov 19 12:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toulouse away. : Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:45 am  
i cant and i wont take anything away from the achievement of this year, we've had an incredible season and we are where nobody ever expected us to be.

BUT jesus christ its frustrating watching the team in the 8s so far. i know we're outgunned, part time/full time, budgets blah blah but come on. We were 5 minutes away from being nilled 2 weeks in a row.

We do just seem to be missing that little bit of quality - Toulouse have everything that we don't, flair players across the park. Would i trade all that flair for all of our team spritit - probably not, the way these lads play is brilliant to watch BUT we need a bit of balance. Their 1 - 7 players ooze class. ours ooze grit - which will get you further?

i like moss but a fullback he aint. his distribution is good but he looks like he s***s himself every time he needs to make a decision. I did see that 1 champ team is willing to offer QLT a deal and i just hope that its us. Moss can slip out to the wing for me, no doubting the lad can finish he just isnt the extra pivot that we need to break play.

cant really see a great deal of forwards that would be better than our own bar somone like Canet and maybe a couple others on A LOT of money so they all seem certain for next year.

again i dont want to knock the team but from a progression point of view, we need to add some flair.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain805
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 19 20159 years258th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 12:2725th Mar 24 13:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toulouse away. : Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:41 am  
Are scoreing as been poor all year hence the points difference. Its ok aving the best defence but points difference cost us 3rd/2nd and its showing in the 8s. Torronto were there for the taking but we have no clue near the line or no star man to break down the middle. We lack pace etc
RankPostsTeam
International Star792
JoinedServiceReputation
May 05 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Oct 21 14:379th Mar 21 13:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toulouse away. : Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:49 pm  
Sport is all about opinions and I get all the different ones on this topic. The fact is we are at where we are at and our attack was never suddenly going to magically become capable of bursting open top Championship sides at will in the 8's. We shall see how they go on against SL sides defences shortly!
We do have players who look dangerous with ball in hand in Butler and Moore for example-one out wide and one through the middle. Moss is a finisher and if our offload game and break capability was better we would see the benifit of his strengths in pace as he constantly looks to back up the ball carrier.
Our older players give their all and I am sure are experienced enough to know their limitations.
Toronto annd then Toulouse away was always going to be a tough start and Salford flying high won't be much easier.
It is what it is now and we can only learn from the experience and finance permitting, plan for next season.
I am sure RM and his coaching team have clocked all that we see and will try to improve.
Let's see how we do in the next 5 games and what close season recruitment looks like.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 01 200519 years299th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Feb 24 21:537th Dec 21 21:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toulouse away. : Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:21 pm  
Scott Grix isn’t the answer at halfback neither is Sam Wood. Anyone know what’s happening with Christian Ackroyd? He’s definitely worth a look.
PreviousNext