JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 18 20186 years20th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th May 24 10:2315th May 24 08:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Thu May 09, 2024 10:47 pm  
Most of the above sounds plausible. JOC is a good squad player, but we have Ackers to start and several other good hookers at the club... he's not going to get past Cam at 13 (although Cassell or Gannon could).

I was thinking we might sign Jason Qareqare until Hall was announced, and Lumb looks a decent prospect.

Re. Roberts, you can also add the forgotten man Max Simpson into our impressive list of back line talent. We have four or five genuine first grade potentials coming through.

We definitely need an enforcer prop, maybe another high quality second row if Martin leaves.

Genuinely think we should have a very competitive side for 2025, if we can fill these final couple of holes and the young lads continue to develop.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13204No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200222 years5th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th May 24 16:2516th May 24 14:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Thu May 09, 2024 11:09 pm  
HucknallLoiner wrote:
A couple of reports on twitter. I'd like to see the young guys given some game time but this makes some sense. The first team needs seasoned pros with some youth coming through. Not the youth team playing every week and also being the first team.
At some point we need to address why we always have so many people out injured.

All ive seen is a post from Truth Talking Maverick , a known troll.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11358
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 11 200222 years152nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th May 24 12:1110th May 24 06:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Fri May 10, 2024 6:03 am  
Jrrhino wrote:
So I got an update regarding our transfer business and what the club is currently trying to get done ahead of the 2025 season.

Rohan Smith has made a big enforcer/ pack leader his main target for 2025, been told we have currently spoken to Tom Amone, Jarrod Wallace & Josh Papali'i so hopefully what Sharky said about a deal being close for the latter is pretty much done.

Hull FC are interested in Jarred O'Connor and wouldn't be surprised if they did snatch him from us with Danny Houghton retiring for them, plus he'd get more of a starting job for them as we Currently have Ackers for another 2 seasons after this one. This could affect if we resign Corey Johnson or not because as of last week he was pretty much leaving the club after this season, but if O'Connor moved on I'd imagine he may be offered a contract extension to be our 2nd choice hooker behind Ackers. Not surprisingly he's come back into the fold this week for the Catalans game all be it we are missing a lot of players at the moment.

Luis Roberts may also be on his way out as the club was going to offer him an extension but decided to resign Ryan Hall for a year as the club see Alfie Edgell, Ned McCormack, Riley Lumb & Jack Smith as future stars in our backline and are also homegrown talents unlike Roberts, he still may stay at the club but it would be on a smaller contract he is currently on and he would have a job on fighting for his place.

The club want Rhyse Martin to stay for 2025 a contract has been offered but Rhyse is currently weighing up his options as a NRL deal may come up for him.

Finally the club are monitoring our 7 position at the club Frawley may get moved on if the right halfback became available but the club aren't making this a high priority as they hold Jack Sinfield in high regard and wouldn't want to block his development and are hopeful he'll be a starting halfback for the club in the next 2 years.
I wouldn't be offering Roberts a new contract he's decent under the high ball but for me that's about it.Seems to lack genuine pace for a winger and the guile for centre.O'Connor to Hull makes sense I can see that happening .
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1454
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 20204 years37th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th May 24 11:3214th May 24 06:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Fri May 10, 2024 7:06 am  
A few of the signings talked about would improve us next year.
On paper.
Obviously we need to be sure we've got the right coach to get the best out of them.
Smith or whoever.

We should not be letting O'Connor go to Hull imo.
Has real utility value at 9 and back row.
But we are lightweight in the back row and if we bring in a big athletic replacement then fair enough.
But would still leave us short at 9.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1807No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 09 201113 years183rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th May 24 10:2218th May 24 15:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Fri May 10, 2024 7:14 am  
Jrrhino wrote:
So I got an update regarding our transfer business and what the club is currently trying to get done ahead of the 2025 season.

Rohan Smith has made a big enforcer/ pack leader his main target for 2025, been told we have currently spoken to Tom Amone, Jarrod Wallace & Josh Papali'i so hopefully what Sharky said about a deal being close for the latter is pretty much done.

Hull FC are interested in Jarred O'Connor and wouldn't be surprised if they did snatch him from us with Danny Houghton retiring for them, plus he'd get more of a starting job for them as we Currently have Ackers for another 2 seasons after this one. This could affect if we resign Corey Johnson or not because as of last week he was pretty much leaving the club after this season, but if O'Connor moved on I'd imagine he may be offered a contract extension to be our 2nd choice hooker behind Ackers. Not surprisingly he's come back into the fold this week for the Catalans game all be it we are missing a lot of players at the moment.

Luis Roberts may also be on his way out as the club was going to offer him an extension but decided to resign Ryan Hall for a year as the club see Alfie Edgell, Ned McCormack, Riley Lumb & Jack Smith as future stars in our backline and are also homegrown talents unlike Roberts, he still may stay at the club but it would be on a smaller contract he is currently on and he would have a job on fighting for his place.

The club want Rhyse Martin to stay for 2025 a contract has been offered but Rhyse is currently weighing up his options as a NRL deal may come up for him.

Finally the club are monitoring our 7 position at the club Frawley may get moved on if the right halfback became available but the club aren't making this a high priority as they hold Jack Sinfield in high regard and wouldn't want to block his development and are hopeful he'll be a starting halfback for the club in the next 2 years.

I am working on the assumption that your postings are factually correct. Looking for a big enforcer pack leader? Wonderful ,it’s taken 3 seasons for him to realise that’s what we are lacking. Moving Frawley on ? He signed the player so presumably he has come to conclusion like most of us he is not very good. Beggars belief that he is even contemplating giving Robert’s a new contract, Robert’s is another average player. To cap it all he wants to sign a 37 year old winger. I would prefer Smith to keep out of any transfers and signing of new players, he has already done enough damage.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5575
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 03 20177 years52nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th May 24 12:1717th May 24 22:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Fri May 10, 2024 8:10 am  
Backwoodsman wrote:
I am working on the assumption that your postings are factually correct. Looking for a big enforcer pack leader? Wonderful ,it’s taken 3 seasons for him to realise that’s what we are lacking. Moving Frawley on ? He signed the player so presumably he has come to conclusion like most of us he is not very good. Beggars belief that he is even contemplating giving Robert’s a new contract, Robert’s is another average player. To cap it all he wants to sign a 37 year old winger. I would prefer Smith to keep out of any transfers and signing of new players, he has already done enough damage.

In Smiths defence he's had a heck of a lot of salary cap to juggle and sort out, he may not have had the finances to bring in a high quality prop / enforcer before next season given our need at 6, 7, 9 and 1 etc. In criticism of Smith, if we really are thinking of quickly moving Frawley on then that is a huge error from him.. a really bad one, however we need to be ruthless, personally i'd be surprised if the club is writing him off so quickly, we've seen many a signing grow over a season and peak the back end and kick on the following year - but 7 is such a key position it's one where you need the player to hit the ground running really.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3152No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 06 20177 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th May 24 11:0215th May 24 08:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Fri May 10, 2024 8:13 am  
Trebor1 wrote:
In Smiths defence he's had a heck of a lot of salary cap to juggle and sort out, he may not have had the finances to bring in a high quality prop / enforcer before next season given our need at 6, 7, 9 and 1 etc. In criticism of Smith, if we really are thinking of quickly moving Frawley on then that is a huge error from him.. a really bad one, however we need to be ruthless, personally i'd be surprised if the club is writing him off so quickly, we've seen many a signing grow over a season and peak the back end and kick on the following year - but 7 is such a key position it's one where you need the player to hit the ground running really.

Think the kicking game been that bad, it’s clear not much improvement there……
I also prefer a coach who accepts a mistake and tries to rectify it. Rather than just plodding on with it.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4426
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 18 20186 years20th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th May 24 10:2315th May 24 08:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Fri May 10, 2024 9:12 am  
"Buy cheap buy twice" springs to mind - it's okay bringing in experience to do a job while the youth develops, but every single first grade player at Leeds needs to be performing to a top-of-table standard. To be fair, Smith moved Olpherts on, and it wouldn't surprise me if Frawley went after this year. He is actually a decent player but his lack of pace and poor long kicking game are major issues. I think we are clearly in a position now where every single O/S quota player needs to be high quality, otherwise what's the point?

JOC to Hull I wouldn't be gutted about, he's a good player but I'm not sure he's exceptional. At the end of the day when we signed Ackers, if another club wanted JOC as first choice hooker and will increase his salary, there's not too much we can do about that. We do have a couple of decent hookers in the pipeline still. It might actually be better for all concerned for him to go.

We just have to get these next couple of signings right, bring in the right players in the right positions. The major surgery has already been done, we just need to plug a couple of holes more and we'll be at the races properly - and with some good talent coming through the ranks.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24021
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 19 200419 years19th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th May 24 13:1020th May 24 14:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
in bed between halle berry and jennifer aniston

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Fri May 10, 2024 9:34 am  
[quote="Shabino"]Think the kicking game been that bad, it’s clear not much improvement there……
I also prefer a coach who accepts a mistake and tries to rectify it. Rather than just plodding on with it.[/quote]

rubbish. same stupid tactics for 18 months and still plodding on with them
RankPostsTeam
International Star1807No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 09 201113 years183rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th May 24 10:2218th May 24 15:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Fri May 10, 2024 10:01 am  
Trebor1 wrote:

I certainly don’t think smith is stupid, you don’t get to be head coach at a big club like Leeds unless you are intelligent. However his big and major failing is he signs average players and try’s to convert them into top class players. Unfortunately he fails in that department, which for me is a cardinal sin for a coach in any sport. Can’t fathom out signing of Frawley no decent track record whatsoever. Robert’s journey man average player, thought Ryan Hall seemed a bit off the pace last night . Thought the salary cap problem was sorted out last season. Not certain what the situation regarding Leeming and Walters was, only information available was on here. Certainly the club’s information didn’t ring true. Ironic to see we’re they both ended up. If Martin goes it will be a big blow, first class professional player, brilliant goal kicker which we will miss.
PreviousNext