Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Superb Display
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:20 pm 
ADMIN
ADMIN
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2001 8:31 pm
Posts: 20666
Location: RLFANS HQ Salford.
Getting better.

I might have to bring back "The Entertainers" name to this forum.






Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Superb Display
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:39 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 5473
Location: London
A very good time to be a Saints fan. There'll be bumps on the road, but this is joyous watching. Haven't enjoyed watching a Saints side like this for many years now. Suddenly we have speed, skill and a bit of verve. And smiles.

Holbrook should be given the freedom of the town!






Image

"...the biggest boor, the most opinionated pompous bigot that frequents these
boards and he is NOT to be taken at all seriously. "

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Superb Display
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:11 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 12728
Location: The heart of gods Country, Haydock
Best thing so far is the defence.

Its got to the stage after just a few games now were i am pretty confident that its going to take a very good performance from another team to get more than a couple of trys against us.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Superb Display
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:02 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:09 pm
Posts: 1212
Location: In a very weird place eating shortbread.
That was the best perfomance by a Saints team in quite a while. Good defence against , what I thought, was a good Warrington side. The attack is starting to look impressive, and will get better as the weather gets better. All round I am a happy bunny this morning.






A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood. - George S. Patton

In war, resolution; in defeat, defiance; in victory, magnanimity. - Winston Churchill

It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it. - General Douglas MacArthur

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Superb Display
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:20 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2002 8:12 pm
Posts: 8130
Location: By The Cemetry Gates, Sintellins.
The Chair Maker wrote:Best thing so far is the defence.

Its got to the stage after just a few games now were i am pretty confident that its going to take a very good performance from another team to get more than a couple of trys against us.



Its all about the defence Donny. If we defend like that we are not going to lose many. We have plenty of improvement in attack to come which is good. We almost had too many ball handlers last night I thought we were too lateral at times. If we improve in that aspect then we should be confident of getting some overdue silverware come the business end.

To think this is the same squad that served up the rubbish we had to endure for most of last term is staggering. Players that looked like they had never seen a ball before look good value now - Peyroux to name but one is performing very well indeed.

Holbrook has made a significant impact. He is not afraid to drop non performers too whereas under KC it seemed players were almost guaranteed their jersey irrespective and nobody on the fringe got a look in.
For the first time in a good few seasons I'm actually looking forward to match day and enjoying the fare served up!

Bring on the Champions!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Superb Display
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:46 am 
ADMIN
ADMIN
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2001 8:31 pm
Posts: 20666
Location: RLFANS HQ Salford.
Div is spot on here, can't add any more.

Not signing a player shows how important a great up and coming coach can be.






Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Superb Display
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:07 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:42 am
Posts: 4834
Location: Haydock Central
Div wrote:Its all about the defence Donny. If we defend like that we are not going to lose many. We have plenty of improvement in attack to come which is good. We almost had too many ball handlers last night I thought we were too lateral at times. If we improve in that aspect then we should be confident of getting some overdue silverware come the business end.

To think this is the same squad that served up the rubbish we had to endure for most of last term is staggering. Players that looked like they had never seen a ball before look good value now - Peyroux to name but one is performing very well indeed.

Holbrook has made a significant impact. He is not afraid to drop non performers too whereas under KC it seemed players were almost guaranteed their jersey irrespective and nobody on the fringe got a look in.
For the first time in a good few seasons I'm actually looking forward to match day and enjoying the fare served up!

Bring on the Champions!

Spot on Paul

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Superb Display
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:24 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 5935
Location: Now in Enemy Country
Having watching the replay could have been 30-0 if the officials watched both obstructions on Swift.






The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Percival-Lomax--Grace-Thompson-Makinson-Swift-Walmsley, not Eastmond...the future is coming.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Superb Display
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:49 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:06 pm
Posts: 1167
Location: Warrington
Judder Man wrote:Having watching the replay could have been 30-0 if the officials watched both obstructions on Swift.

I don't think James Child could ever be accused of favouring Warrington.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Superb Display
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:00 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 11:03 am
Posts: 524
Location: East Leeds
The Chair Maker wrote:Best thing so far is the defence.

Its got to the stage after just a few games now were i am pretty confident that its going to take a very good performance from another team to get more than a couple of trys against us.

Erm, how about 5 tries Sir. Pride comes before a fall...






And last but not least, to all those people who wrote this team off.
To all those people who critisized this team...tonight's for you.

K. Sinfield, GF 2011

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next





It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:28 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bull Mania and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:28 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,795,81763777,2164,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 10:40
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
CRONULLA
TODAY 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
TOMORROW 15:15
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
ST. HELENS
Fri 28th Sep 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
ST. HELENS
v
CASTLEFORD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






18

.