JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200222 years245th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Apr 24 08:415th Apr 24 20:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Leeds Rhinos? 8 for you, Leeds Rhinos! You go, Leeds Rhinos.

And none for Castleford Tigers. Bye!

Re: Zak Hardaker : Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:35 pm  
Psychedelic Casual wrote:
Professional athletes should be leading a professional's life for the short time in their life they are professionals. .

Unfortunately, most athletes lead that professional's life when they are young and it doesn't seem like a short time. I'm old now, and appreciate how quickly time passes, but when I was in my 20's, the years seemed to go by much slower. Probably because each one was a bigger percentage of my life overall.
BD 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7050
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Feb 19 22:365th Oct 18 09:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Zak Hardaker : Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:10 pm  
maurice wrote:
Is there a major drugs issue at Cas? Chase, Hardaker in recent months and that photo of the white marks on the table? Think the RFL need to sit all over them as they did Leigh a couple of years ago

Wish people wouldn't bring this white mark thing up - it was proven in numerous videos that these are old scratches on the benches. Clutching at straws. And Chase got caught doing cocaine when he was at Widnes - shall we 'sit all over them' as well.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1426No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 27 201311 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Nov 22 21:4021st Sep 22 16:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Zak Hardaker : Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:15 pm  
I feel sad to see how many people on this forum are so comfortable with the use of cocaine. It may be common and alcohol may be just as bad but that does not lessen the dangers of taking illegal drugs and putting money into the pockets of people who promote misery (no not Shaun Wane). We all know the spiel. In this case the issue is not that it is common and should be treated differently from other drugs but that it is on the WADA list and we have signed up to it. Many drugs on that list are not illegal and many, like caffeine, are both common and legal. Some drugs have genuine medical uses. The simple fact is, that these substances are controlled. If a person uses them and is caught they know the likely penalties. Consider those who have been banned from their sport because they took a foreign version of a medicine that they use at home that had other active ingredients. They still got banned. The rule for substances on the list is that you are responsible for whatever gets into your system. In Hardaker's case he made the choice, but perhaps we could ask for a retrospective medical exemption on the grounds that he was taking cocaine as a medicine to deal with his own stupidity. :CRAZY:
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2921
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 12 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Sep 19 21:4014th Sep 19 21:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:

Re: Zak Hardaker : Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:25 pm  
Idiot took a substance that was on the banned list and is banned! THE END!

Can't believe the length of this thread....
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5649
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20 200915 years237th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Apr 24 16:1523rd Apr 24 15:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Zak Hardaker : Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:02 am  
Tharg The Mighty wrote:
Though addictive personality disorder is most definitely a mental illness. Now I’m not saying he suffers from this but people who do have self destruct tendencies.

Read up on it.

As has been mentioned it isn't and is a myth, although you see it being banded around the internet alot nowadays. I think people tend to use words like that instead of what is actually Scientifically and Medically known. Issues like biology, social environment, family & psychology are what's known to cause Addiction.
Genetics, for example, play a role in the development of an addiction. The extent to which genes impact behavior, is estimated to be between 40% & 70% for addiction, depending on the type of substance.

According to the National Institute of Drug Abuse, 'the role that both genetics and environment play into the development of addictions are unique and change over an individual's lifespan. This in turn makes it even more difficult to understand the underlying causes of addiction.'
jools 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 201113 years187th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 23 05:1924th Dec 22 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Re: Zak Hardaker : Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:23 am  
How about micro-chipping athletes?
That way it's not about whether an athlete was "clean" when tested, but is consistently clean!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... WEML6619I2
How about micro-chipping athletes?
That way it's not about whether an athlete was "clean" when tested, but is consistently clean!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... WEML6619I2
RankPostsTeam
International Star6848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 22 201212 years308th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Feb 23 09:2610th Jul 21 23:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!

Re: Zak Hardaker : Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 am  
Call Me God wrote:
Idiot took a substance that was on the banned list and is banned! THE END!

Can't believe the length of this thread....

erm.... maybe because it is one of the biggest RL stories/scandals of the year and it being a RL forum people are here to discuss it.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4788No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 15 201113 years114th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Apr 24 15:3220th Apr 24 16:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Zak Hardaker : Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:06 am  
Levrier wrote:
I feel sad to see how many people on this forum are so comfortable with the use of cocaine. It may be common and alcohol may be just as bad but that does not lessen the dangers of taking illegal drugs and putting money into the pockets of people who promote misery (no not Shaun Wane). We all know the spiel. In this case the issue is not that it is common and should be treated differently from other drugs but that it is on the WADA list and we have signed up to it. Many drugs on that list are not illegal and many, like caffeine, are both common and legal. Some drugs have genuine medical uses. The simple fact is, that these substances are controlled. If a person uses them and is caught they know the likely penalties. Consider those who have been banned from their sport because they took a foreign version of a medicine that they use at home that had other active ingredients. They still got banned. The rule for substances on the list is that you are responsible for whatever gets into your system. In Hardaker's case he made the choice, but perhaps we could ask for a retrospective medical exemption on the grounds that he was taking cocaine as a medicine to deal with his own stupidity. :CRAZY:

Well said, to put cocaine in the same category as alcohol is stupid, you can have 2-3 drinks (units etc) of alcohol just for enjoyment taste etc,With it having hardly any effect. You can't do this with cocaine, it's an instant and very effective hit.

I have used recreational drugs in my life pretty regular when younger, in clouding cocaine twice. And never again would I use it and absolutely condemn it it, its an awful drug, it leads to violence aggression like nothing else, it will be and should always be class A. They way kids use this alongside masssive amounts of alcohol that they would not normally be able to consume is dangerous and is the biggest cause of violence on nights out.
It's not at all like ecstasy, a euphoric drug or cannabis a relaxant or even amphetamines which have a longer but milder effect but similar to cocaine, this is bad poop, and needs stamping out.
bren2k 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 24 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 20 12:495th May 20 08:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Zak Hardaker : Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:31 am  
rollin thunder wrote:
Well said, to put cocaine in the same category as alcohol is stupid, you can have 2-3 drinks (units etc) of alcohol just for enjoyment taste etc,With it having hardly any effect. You can't do this with cocaine, it's an instant and very effective hit.

I have used recreational drugs in my life pretty regular when younger, in clouding cocaine twice. And never again would I use it and absolutely condemn it it, its an awful drug, it leads to violence aggression like nothing else, it will be and should always be class A. They way kids use this alongside masssive amounts of alcohol that they would not normally be able to consume is dangerous and is the biggest cause of violence on nights out.
It's not at all like ecstasy, a euphoric drug or cannabis a relaxant or even amphetamines which have a longer but milder effect but similar to cocaine, this is bad poop, and needs stamping out.

I used to do drugs - now I don't - and nobody else should; good call.

The wider discussion is about the attitude towards certain drugs and the seemingly arbitrary nature of how some are classified as illegal, and others aren't; as it stands, people choosing a certain (illegal) high over another (legal) one, are forced into criminality - and the production and supply of those substances is forced underground and overseen by crims. There are plenty of examples of more enlightened attitudes to substance use in other parts of the world, that have produced positive outcomes - but we seem hell bent on maintaining a draconian attitude towards anything other than booze.

With regards to Hardaker - I concur with God; he took a substance that's on the banned list and was caught, so he's an idiot and he'll face censure. I don't feel sympathy for him - I feel some for Cas, who invested significant sums in an attempt to rescue his career.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4788No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 15 201113 years114th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Apr 24 15:3220th Apr 24 16:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Zak Hardaker : Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:31 am  
bren2k wrote:
I used to do drugs - now I don't - and nobody else should; good call.

The wider discussion is about the attitude towards certain drugs and the seemingly arbitrary nature of how some are classified as illegal, and others aren't; as it stands, people choosing a certain (illegal) high over another (legal) one, are forced into criminality - and the production and supply of those substances is forced underground and overseen by crims. There are plenty of examples of more enlightened attitudes to substance use in other parts of the world, that have produced positive outcomes - but we seem hell bent on maintaining a draconian attitude towards anything other than booze.

With regards to Hardaker - I concur with God; he took a substance that's on the banned list and was caught, so he's an idiot and he'll face censure. I don't feel sympathy for him - I feel some for Cas, who invested significant sums in an attempt to rescue his career.

Were do I say don't do drugs, I simply pointed out from my experiences of drugs and cocaine that's is nasty stuff and not the same as ecstasy or cannabis and deserves to stay banned, the others yeah probably should be legal.
So when you stop trying to be a smart booty and re read my post you will see that.
PreviousNext