Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace This Catalans team.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 34  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: This Catalans team.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:55 am 
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:11 am
Posts: 41
Catalan need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and having a go at the rest constantly. Thought they blew a couple of half chances by whining

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This Catalans team.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:34 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 5219
Location: Carcassonne, France
PrinterThe wrote:Nope, try again.


Four games gone and nineteen to go.






Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2019!

Avignon for Championship in 2020, Super League in 2021!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This Catalans team.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:43 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 9602
JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:Four games gone and nineteen to go.


nearly 20% of the pre split season gone, top 8 may already be a struggle.
FWIW, I thought Catalan gave it a real dig yesterday and with some better options in the Wakefield 20, they could have gained their first win of the season.
However, it looks like their on the road form is still miles away, which must be a real worry for the players and management over there.
Middle 8's look nailed on already.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This Catalans team.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:56 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 5219
Location: Carcassonne, France
wrencat1873 wrote:nearly 20% of the pre split season gone, top 8 may already be a struggle.
FWIW, I thought Catalan gave it a real dig yesterday and with some better options in the Wakefield 20, they could have gained their first win of the season.
However, it looks like their on the road form is still miles away, which must be a real worry for the players and management over there.
Middle 8's look nailed on already.


I agree that top 8 may be a struggle, but I think that Catalans can make it. As the venerable RLFANS News Hound wrote on another thread:

But, boosted by the return of the talismanic Tony Gigot from a troublesome year with the FFR judiciary, there were enough signs in their close 14-16 defeat to Wakefield Trinity to give some hope for the year ahead.

Most teams suffer from injuries, but Catalans has suffered from injuries to players in key positions -- hooker and halves -- since the season has begun.

Just imagine Catalans at full strength, with Gregory Bird returning to his natural position in the back row, and then on the basis of yesterday's game you can imagine them winning 10 more games out of 19 and making the top 8. I expect it to all start when Catalans smash Hull KR in France two weeks from now.






Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2019!

Avignon for Championship in 2020, Super League in 2021!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This Catalans team.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:23 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 27479
Location: Poodle Power!
JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:I agree that top 8 may be a struggle, but I think that Catalans can make it. As the venerable RLFANS News Hound wrote on another thread:

But, boosted by the return of the talismanic Tony Gigot from a troublesome year with the FFR judiciary, there were enough signs in their close 14-16 defeat to Wakefield Trinity to give some hope for the year ahead.

Most teams suffer from injuries, but Catalans has suffered from injuries to players in key positions -- hooker and halves -- since the season has begun.

Just imagine Catalans at full strength, with Gregory Bird returning to his natural position in the back row, and then on the basis of yesterday's game you can imagine them winning 10 more games out of 19 and making the top 8. I expect it to all start when Catalans smash Hull KR in France two weeks from now.


Dream on :lol:






SUPPORT SWAG...

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This Catalans team.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:24 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 3025
Location: WF4
ALAW wrote:Catalan need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and having a go at the rest constantly. Thought they blew a couple of half chances by whining


If Greg Bird put the same effort into playing the game as he does moaning at the ref, he'd be nearly as good a player as what Jean says he is.






She sucks nitro... with Phase 4 heads! 600 horsepower through the wheels!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This Catalans team.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:29 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:27 pm
Posts: 4789
Location: Bradford
Catalans did lack direction yesterday but you have to remember that they were missing both of their starting halfbacks and also their 1st and 2nd choice hookers.
I'm not writing them off completely yet, let's see how they go once Walsh, Langi and McIlorum are back in the side and Bird moves back to LF.
I still think they will beat most sides at home, but again their away form will keep them in the bottom four.

I also think McNamara was the wrong appointment. I don't rate him as a coach and so far I can't see his influence anywhere at all within the Catalans team. He's been very quick to start throwing out his excuses before a ball has hardly been kicked.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This Catalans team.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:38 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:09 pm
Posts: 5485
Location: Over there
JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:Just imagine Catalans at full strength.


I am, and they're not that good. Walsh is good occasionally. Bird isn't the player he was, and neither is Casty. The side isn't as big as it once was. Your "full-strength" side ended up in the MPG last year. It's not the squad you think it is, and certainly not as good as it once was.






WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This Catalans team.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:10 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 13851
Location: Ossett
King Street Cat wrote:If Greg Bird put the same effort into playing the game as he does moaning at the ref, he'd be nearly as good a player as what Jean says he is.


He'd also conserve some energy if he didn't go into every tackle flinging his head back and flapping his arms around as if he's just been garrotted.

On another note - Les Cats would be significantly improved if Mead was anywhere near as good as the commentators endlessly say he is; he looks by turns bored or annoyed at his current situation.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This Catalans team.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:47 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:15 pm
Posts: 565
I dunno, I think Mead has some skillz but its not showing up too well at cats.
In the right team he'd look a million dollars......well......half a million mebbe, pulling all the strings together is the name of the game though, and there are far too many loose ends a cats.
Cue...McBanana

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 34  Next





It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:22 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A unknown superstar, AS108, ColD, Cronus, Dally, ducknumber1, GansonTheClown, Hangerman2, Hessle Roader, Him, Instalamus, JEAN CAPDOUZE, JonnoTheGreat, Kevs Head, kobashi, Magic Superbeetle, majorhound, Mash Butty, Mild Rover, mk_fc, moxi1, muddyboots, Newbridge_Wolf, nottinghamtiger, rollin thunder, Roy Haggerty, Seth, shauney, Sheldon, tristram, Upanunder, Wigg'n, yorksguy1865 and 309 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:22 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,749,0781,43976,9074,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 14:00
WSL
YORK W
v
ST HELENS WOMEN
TODAY 14:00
WSL
FEATHERSTONE W
v
WIGAN W
TODAY 14:00
WSL
LEEDS W
v
BRADFORD W
TODAY 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WAKEFIELD
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
TODAY 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
TODAY 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
HALIFAX
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
TODAY 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
v
SWINTON LIONS
TODAY 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
ROCHDALE
v
TOULOUSE
TODAY 15:00
 CH ONE
BRADFORD BULLS
v
DONCASTER
TODAY 15:00
 CH ONE
HUNSLET
v
OLDHAM
TODAY 15:00
 CH ONE
KEIGHLEY
v
YORK
TODAY 15:00
 CH ONE
NEWCASTLE
v
COVENTRY BEARS
TODAY 15:00
 CH ONE
WORKINGTON TOWN
v
HEMEL STAGS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






2

.