Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace This Catalans team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: This Catalans team.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:03 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I saw Mead make a good run, and the pass for the try.

And some garbage ball dropping

Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.

Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:You do talk some complete drivel.

Canoeman wrote: and for our fantastic coach; who is a man of high integrity and doesn't deserve the classless treatment he has received from many on this forum: a real gentleman Rowley is.

Just so you know, Paul Rowley is highly thought of here in Toronto.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:18 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:23 games to go Roy.

When Catalans get Michael McIlorum and Paul Aiton back, and Luke Walsh as well, and when Anthony Gigot (who was excellent today) has a few more games under his belt, Catalans will start winning. I expect them to make the top 8 by season's end.
The fact that you think Luke Walsh and Paul Aiton would improve the team should give away to anyone who had any doubt that you aren't a Catalans fan.

King Street Cat wrote:Some might look at this as being harsh but I think it's fair. When are the Rugby League going to stop persisting with this fantasy expansion. If it hasn't worked by now, it never will! I'm all for reaching out to a wider audience with our game but not at the expense of historical clubs in the homelands.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:19 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:Yes he was wrong COKEY COLA. Catalans did trouble Wakefield. Catalans were leading at one point and only lost by two points. Ask any Wakefield player if they were troubled or not by Catalans' opposition. Obviously they were. Otherwise Wakefield would have won by a much bigger margin.

:lol: Luv it

The margin is immaterial , You lost and got - points de zilch. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:39 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:Only four game gone and twenty three to go. We saw glimpses today of what David Mead and Anthony Gigot can do. Just consider what a difference Michael McIlorum and Paul Aiton alternating the hooking position will do for the definitely improving Catalans team.

I agree Gigot looked decent. But Mead is currently stealing a living. The only reason I assume he's decent is that the commentators keep telling me he is. He rarely seemed to get his hands on the ball in the game today, and didn't look much as if he wanted to.

"...the biggest boor, the most opinionated pompous bigot that frequents these
boards and he is NOT to be taken at all seriously. "

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:42 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:Yes he was wrong COKEY COLA. Catalans did trouble Wakefield. Catalans were leading at one point and only lost by two points. Ask any Wakefield player if they were troubled or not by Catalans' opposition. Obviously they were. Otherwise Wakefield would have won by a much bigger margin.

If Justin Horo hadn't been so keen to gift the match to Catalans with daft penalties, Wakefield would have had that game sewn up. Catalans were better than their previous games, but with Leeds away next, you're looking nailed on for 5 losses out of 5. To make the top eight, You'd then need to win at least eleven out of the remaining eighteen, which isn't going to happen. Catalans will be in the middle-eights. The positive you will have is that you might go into those on form and not end up in the MPG.

WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:56 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:Only four game gone and twenty three to go. We saw glimpses today of what David Mead and Anthony Gigot can do. Just consider what a difference Michael McIlorum and Paul Aiton alternating the hooking position will do for the definitely improving Catalans team.

There was a definite improvement Jean, but they are coming from a very low base.

I didn't realise there were twenty seven games before the playoffs, however isn't it around ten wins to secure a top eight spot? With that in mind & Catalans appalling away form it's going to be a tough ask, they've only got nine home games left & with the likes of Leeds, Wigan & Cas to play at home I don't see where their wins will come from.

As for the game, I was pleased to see Johnstone has lost none of his pace & Wakefield managed to grind out a win.

Fudge-it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:20 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:Only four game gone and twenty three to go.

Nope, try again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:45 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

The only glimpse of Mead I got was that he wasn't quick enough to catch Tom Johnstone who's only running at 90% at the moment.

SUPPORT SWAG...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:33 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

INKERS75 wrote:How long before McNamara gets the boot?

I think it's a foot race between McBanana & Jukes/K.C

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:40 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:Wakey were not that good because Catalans defence stifled Wakefield's attack for 90% of the game.

Catalans must have troubled Wakefield because Catalans was ahead for part of the match.

Catalans were not was John Flatcap Dozey !
You make this error regularly.

*the Preston area must not be a seat of learning*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 40  Next

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:55 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com