Board index Championship Leigh Centurions Ben Reynolds



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ben Reynolds
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:49 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:36 pm
Posts: 1613
Location: Near Leyth
The best stand off display I've seen from us, this season, was at Swinton when Craig Hall occupied the position!
I believe Hall is our best option at stand off particularly, when playing against good opposition when creating openings is much more difficult, Hall is real class!
The most probing and creative player for me on Sunday was Liam Hood! excellent performance and he keeps on improving !
Reynolds gives his all every game however, sometimes, it takes real class to win tight games and for me Reynolds doesn't have it.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Reynolds
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:58 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:36 pm
Posts: 1613
Location: Near Leyth
oggy123 wrote:I feel for Ben and hutchy in the respect that table quite easy to keep taking the line on if you have the pace of a Danny McGuire as a half back as the gaps are there and your through.. problem with hutchy and Ben is they aren’t quick enough get through them gaps.. they were both very good again today and aren’t the kind of half’s who will take the line on and break time and time again.. one thing they are is very good with runners running good lines off them ala Borden’s Hansen and hall again n today!! On a seperate note whoeve signed J Thompson should get a life contract for me! The boy is superb! Hard worker strong runner quick good pair of hands the whole lot! How we managed to get him away from Hull is beyond me


I wholehearted agree with you. Jordan has been a consistently top performer and now his Pack colleagues are stepping up too! As the players become more familiar to each other the better our performances are becoming!
sounds like a great recipe for success :thumb:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Reynolds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:16 pm
Posts: 760
Ben still has a lot to learn but he's committed to the cause. His decision-making and kicking needs improving, mainly, but his conversion kicking has come on very well.

If he's a cleverer player come the season's business end Leigh will, again, be favourites to go up, IMO.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Reynolds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:52 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 10515
Location: Back in Lancashire
Both Ben and Drew Hutchison have come on in leaps and bounds, in recent weeks. Much of that will have come from the team gaining in confidence, as the victories have finally come, but I think having a half back as head coach, has also got something to do with it. Props and second rows have not always been renowned for their knowledge on the finer arts of half back play!! :wink:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Reynolds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:11 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:17 am
Posts: 3981
Location: Cheshire, it's Lancashire really
Quote:The most probing and creative player for me on Sunday was Liam Hood! excellent performance and he keeps on improving !


It was noticeable that the intensity dropped when he was subbed off.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Reynolds
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:21 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 4760
kirkhall wrote:The best stand off display I've seen from us, this season, was at Swinton when Craig Hall occupied the position!
I believe Hall is our best option at stand off particularly, when playing against good opposition when creating openings is much more difficult, Hall is real class!
The most probing and creative player for me on Sunday was Liam Hood! excellent performance and he keeps on improving !
Reynolds gives his all every game however, sometimes, it takes real class to win tight games and for me Reynolds doesn't have it.


Hall's in a class of his own at present regardless of the position he's given or forced to do. But I think they have found a balance playing him out wide and gives Reynolds more secure options.It works.






Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Reynolds
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:05 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:36 pm
Posts: 1613
Location: Near Leyth
atomic wrote:Hall's in a class of his own at present regardless of the position he's given or forced to do. But I think they have found a balance playing him out wide and gives Reynolds more secure options.It works.


I didn't go to Sheffield and I haven't seen the match however, Hall sounds like he was 'switched on' regardless of where he played! Reynolds too figured prominently, apparently.
Big test on Sunday against London we all know what Sammut can do, his halfback partner Api Pewhairangi will probably play on Sunday and, we know what he's capable of too!
If Reynolds and Hutchison can overshadow those two then we could be in business, and the CC :D
Not sure I want to get embroiled in any further Challenge Cup ties, particularly against SL teams? We have a more important agenda, top four qualification!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Reynolds
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:59 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 4760
kirkhall wrote:I didn't go to Sheffield and I haven't seen the match however, Hall sounds like he was 'switched on' regardless of where he played! Reynolds too figured prominently, apparently.
Big test on Sunday against London we all know what Sammut can do, his halfback partner Api Pewhairangi will probably play on Sunday and, we know what he's capable of too!
If Reynolds and Hutchison can overshadow those two then we could be in business, and the CC :D
Not sure I want to get embroiled in any further Challenge Cup ties, particularly against SL teams? We have a more important agenda, top four qualification!


The real bonus Kirky for me is Mata'utia,Hall, Reynolds and even Owen can be rotated in play without an interchange and without disruption.

Progession in the CC is paramount. We need to play a SL team again. They are not carrying Championship players,so no reason to back out of the CC this season.






Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Reynolds
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:26 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 11976
Location: blackpool tower circus
atomic wrote:The real bonus Kirky for me is Mata'utia,Hall, Reynolds and even Owen can be rotated in play without an interchange and without disruption.

Progession in the CC is paramount. We need to play a SL team again. They are not carrying Championship players,so no reason to back out of the CC this season.

Here here Atomic, we need to go as far as poss in the CC,to test ourselves against SL opposition, the last few weeks haven't really been challenging, but as May and June approach the fixtures get harder and we need to be ready, hopefully Morty fit and a confident squad of players you have to give KP a chance.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2





It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:50 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], ItchyandScratchy, scrum and 110 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:50 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,717,2851,43476,7974,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 09:00
NRL
NZ WARRIORS
v
ST GEORGE
TODAY 10:50
NRL
BRISBANE
v
MELBOURNE STORM
TODAY 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
CASTLEFORD
TODAY 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
ST. HELENS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 22nd Apr 15:00
CC2018
LEIGH
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 29th Apr 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
BARROW RAIDERS
Sun 6th May 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
v
LEIGH
Sun 20th May 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
FEATHERSTONE
v
LEIGH
Sat 26th May 19:30
 CHAMPIONSHIP
TORONTO
v
LEIGH
Sun 10th Jun 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
HALIFAX
Sat 16th Jun 14:30
 CHAMPIONSHIP
TOULOUSE
v
LEIGH
Sun 24th Jun 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Sat 30th Jun 20:30
 CHAMPIONSHIP
TORONTO
v
LEIGH
Sun 8th Jul 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
LEIGH
Sun 15th Jul 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
ROCHDALE
v
LEIGH
Sun 22nd Jul 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
SWINTON LIONS
Sun 29th Jul 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)







22

.