Post subject: Re: Ben Reynolds
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:49 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The best stand off display I've seen from us, this season, was at Swinton when Craig Hall occupied the position!
I believe Hall is our best option at stand off particularly, when playing against good opposition when creating openings is much more difficult, Hall is real class!
The most probing and creative player for me on Sunday was Liam Hood! excellent performance and he keeps on improving !
Reynolds gives his all every game however, sometimes, it takes real class to win tight games and for me Reynolds doesn't have it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:58 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

oggy123 wrote:I feel for Ben and hutchy in the respect that table quite easy to keep taking the line on if you have the pace of a Danny McGuire as a half back as the gaps are there and your through.. problem with hutchy and Ben is they aren’t quick enough get through them gaps.. they were both very good again today and aren’t the kind of half’s who will take the line on and break time and time again.. one thing they are is very good with runners running good lines off them ala Borden’s Hansen and hall again n today!! On a seperate note whoeve signed J Thompson should get a life contract for me! The boy is superb! Hard worker strong runner quick good pair of hands the whole lot! How we managed to get him away from Hull is beyond me

I wholehearted agree with you. Jordan has been a consistently top performer and now his Pack colleagues are stepping up too! As the players become more familiar to each other the better our performances are becoming!
sounds like a great recipe for success :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Ben still has a lot to learn but he's committed to the cause. His decision-making and kicking needs improving, mainly, but his conversion kicking has come on very well.

If he's a cleverer player come the season's business end Leigh will, again, be favourites to go up, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:52 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Both Ben and Drew Hutchison have come on in leaps and bounds, in recent weeks. Much of that will have come from the team gaining in confidence, as the victories have finally come, but I think having a half back as head coach, has also got something to do with it. Props and second rows have not always been renowned for their knowledge on the finer arts of half back play!! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:11 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Quote:The most probing and creative player for me on Sunday was Liam Hood! excellent performance and he keeps on improving !

It was noticeable that the intensity dropped when he was subbed off.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:21 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

kirkhall wrote:The best stand off display I've seen from us, this season, was at Swinton when Craig Hall occupied the position!
I believe Hall is our best option at stand off particularly, when playing against good opposition when creating openings is much more difficult, Hall is real class!
The most probing and creative player for me on Sunday was Liam Hood! excellent performance and he keeps on improving !
Reynolds gives his all every game however, sometimes, it takes real class to win tight games and for me Reynolds doesn't have it.

Hall's in a class of his own at present regardless of the position he's given or forced to do. But I think they have found a balance playing him out wide and gives Reynolds more secure options.It works.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:05 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

atomic wrote:Hall's in a class of his own at present regardless of the position he's given or forced to do. But I think they have found a balance playing him out wide and gives Reynolds more secure options.It works.

I didn't go to Sheffield and I haven't seen the match however, Hall sounds like he was 'switched on' regardless of where he played! Reynolds too figured prominently, apparently.
Big test on Sunday against London we all know what Sammut can do, his halfback partner Api Pewhairangi will probably play on Sunday and, we know what he's capable of too!
If Reynolds and Hutchison can overshadow those two then we could be in business, and the CC :D
Not sure I want to get embroiled in any further Challenge Cup ties, particularly against SL teams? We have a more important agenda, top four qualification!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:59 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

kirkhall wrote:I didn't go to Sheffield and I haven't seen the match however, Hall sounds like he was 'switched on' regardless of where he played! Reynolds too figured prominently, apparently.
Big test on Sunday against London we all know what Sammut can do, his halfback partner Api Pewhairangi will probably play on Sunday and, we know what he's capable of too!
If Reynolds and Hutchison can overshadow those two then we could be in business, and the CC :D
Not sure I want to get embroiled in any further Challenge Cup ties, particularly against SL teams? We have a more important agenda, top four qualification!

The real bonus Kirky for me is Mata'utia,Hall, Reynolds and even Owen can be rotated in play without an interchange and without disruption.

Progession in the CC is paramount. We need to play a SL team again. They are not carrying Championship players,so no reason to back out of the CC this season.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:26 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

atomic wrote:The real bonus Kirky for me is Mata'utia,Hall, Reynolds and even Owen can be rotated in play without an interchange and without disruption.

Progession in the CC is paramount. We need to play a SL team again. They are not carrying Championship players,so no reason to back out of the CC this season.

Here here Atomic, we need to go as far as poss in the CC,to test ourselves against SL opposition, the last few weeks haven't really been challenging, but as May and June approach the fixtures get harder and we need to be ready, hopefully Morty fit and a confident squad of players you have to give KP a chance.

It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:36 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com