Board index Championship Leigh Centurions What and when?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: What and when?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:54 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

reffy wrote:I will be as dramatic as I want and don’t give a toss about what you think about it. You have a habit of jumping to the club’s defence every time someone posts something you don’t like.

I didn’t mention the state we are in, I didn’t mention fixtures. It is pathetic that the club has mislaid their communication skills.
Even a “ We appreciate that fans must be wondering what is happening but rest assured that things are moving on and a statement will be issued in due course” would do.

He does doesnt he , gubrat needs to open his eyes or go to Specsavers

Leigh to win challenge cup before 2020
Leigh to reach Grand Final by 2022

Derek to get a queens honour (mbe) by 2025

Oh Leigh oh Leigh oh Leigh

//www.tipsterste.fabpage.com/

[quote="Michael_Ward"]Ricky Bibey = cack.

He's no good - the lad is huge but couldn't bust through a wet paper bag. He was crap at Wigan, he was crap here, and christ knows why Saints then signed him. Predictably, he was crap there as well.

He's now where he belongs, in NL1.[/quote]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:36 am 
Strong-running second rower

The club have made a rod for their own back by saying a statement would be issued. Regardless of what that statement is. Something should have been said by now.

Up the Leythers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:54 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Tom G wrote:The club have made a rod for their own back by saying a statement would be issued. Regardless of what that statement is. Something should have been said by now.

You're probably right there Tom,however,there might not be any info to issue. It would look daft if the club released a statement saying there isn't going to be a statement just yet. DB obviously shouldn't have said so in the first place that there was going to be one,It's no big deal.Let's all just turn up on Sunday and show that we still want a successful Leigh rugby league club.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:02 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Let's all calm down the squad is as is til end of season, no news means no change. We need to focus on supporting the team through to the Final of this comp and showing we are a club worth investing in.
Be good if we could keep Purts full time and anyone else who can convert to part time - perhaps DB can offer a few jobs at AB.
We have been here before and risen again. Gutting that literally one more win this or last year and non of this would have happened. RL need to look at the financial drop from 4th to 5th in champ!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:26 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Leyther14 wrote:Let's all calm down the squad is as is til end of season, no news means no change. We need to focus on supporting the team through to the Final of this comp and showing we are a club worth investing in.
Be good if we could keep Purts full time and anyone else who can convert to part time - perhaps DB can offer a few jobs at AB.
We have been here before and risen again. Gutting that literally one more win this or last year and non of this would have happened. RL need to look at the financial drop from 4th to 5th in champ!

How true 'leyther'!

However, the gap between 4th and 12th is just the same - and worrying. 'Prize money' in SL is potentially the same for each club, as it is in League 1. Unintentionally (?) the RFL, has created two divisions in the Championship, through 'prize money' for the top 4. Ironically, the SL club owners seem to want to eradicate this difference, by giving everyone in the Championship the same amount, out of the Sky treasure chest! (i.e. just enough for each Championship club not to become a threat to the SL clubs!)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:40 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

reffy wrote:I will be as dramatic as I want and don’t give a toss about what you think about it. You have a habit of jumping to the club’s defence every time someone posts something you don’t like.

I didn’t mention the state we are in, I didn’t mention fixtures. It is pathetic that the club has mislaid their communication skills.
Even a “ We appreciate that fans must be wondering what is happening but rest assured that things are moving on and a statement will be issued in due course” would do.

I agree with you 100% on this reffy! The owner said he would be making a more detailed statement on the week beginning 29 July. Even if circumstances are changing all the time, his credibility would be enhanced if he had said something. The club has been very good at issuing details of players signed, (including the recent three from Hull KR) and has penned some moving obituaries about former players, who have passed away. However, it is pathetic that they didn't make/haven't made any announcements about the seven (?) first team regulars who have recently departed the club - including our club captain, who has sweated blood, in the cause. To me, that is downright disrespectful.

There are those of us who would watch, whatever situation the club is in, but in expecting 3000+ to still turn up regularly, whilst keeping them all in the dark, the club is really pushing its luck!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:55 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Alan wrote:I agree with you 100% on this reffy! The owner said he would be making a more detailed statement on the week beginning 29 July. Even if circumstances are changing all the time, his credibility would be enhanced if he had said something. The club has been very good at issuing details of players signed, (including the recent three from Hull KR) and has penned some moving obituaries about former players, who have passed away. However, it is pathetic that they didn't make/haven't made any announcements about the seven (?) first team regulars who have recently departed the club - including our club captain, who has sweated blood, in the cause. To me, that is downright disrespectful.

There are those of us who would watch, whatever situation the club is in, but in expecting 3000+ to still turn up regularly, whilst keeping them all in the dark, the club is really pushing its luck!

Alan, I could actually feel your blood boil reading your post :) .However, i do agree and let's hope that a statement is imminent to cover your said issues. Don't get me wrong,i feel just as bitter the way the club has been run/managed,but that's done now,and i just hope we can get new investors,and bring the club back where it belongs........SL. :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:04 pm 

Cokey. I agree there. There probably hasn’t been any interest which is why nothing has been said. Beaumont has once again done it by promising a statement would be issued.

I’m not overly bothered about an announcement. I’m glad the club won’t be being run by him anymore. But I can understand people venting about not hearing anything. By saying that something will be said makes you think that some party has shown interest and the structure for next year will be released. Maybe wishful thinking on his behalf which has truly backfired.

Up the Leythers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:47 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Tom G wrote:Cokey. I agree there. There probably hasn’t been any interest which is why nothing has been said. Beaumont has once again done it by promising a statement would be issued.

I’m not overly bothered about an announcement. I’m glad the club won’t be being run by him anymore. But I can understand people venting about not hearing anything. By saying that something will be said makes you think that some party has shown interest and the structure for next year will be released. Maybe wishful thinking on his behalf which has truly backfired.

Has he actually said that Tom? :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:50 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

GUBRATS wrote:Turnstile fodder ?

So for essentially the 1 st time in years we have a 'dead rubber ' and that is pathetic , many clubs have had seasons of them , indeed we did for 6 years during licencing

Stop being dramatic and comparing us to those poor souls sent to their deaths in WW 1

To be fair Steve, the only communication coming from Leigh is the offer of a corporate box for home games. To me that does sound like turnstile fodder.

The club do read all the social media outlets and have to know the general feeling the fans have regarding the lack of information. Just a simple statement of "Hold tight folks, things are in the pipeline and will be released in due course" isnt that hard to put out.

The knock on effect has probably started, if the club cant be bothered....why should fans. They have a product that they are not selling to the public effectively, that will cost them bums on seats.

Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.

Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:You do talk some complete drivel.

Canoeman wrote: and for our fantastic coach; who is a man of high integrity and doesn't deserve the classless treatment he has received from many on this forum: a real gentleman Rowley is.

Just so you know, Paul Rowley is highly thought of here in Toronto.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:14 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com