FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - What and when?
RankPostsTeam
International Star2383
JoinedServiceReputation
May 04 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 20:0726th Oct 20 19:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What and when? : Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:11 pm  
Totally agree with you again VL.

Everything is nothing more than hear say, unless the club sorts itself out, official communications wise.

What I find shameful is some people on here are just using the opportunity to be deliberately mischievous and cause untold damage to the Club. It is just not on and their actions are despicable.

If It is not difficult enough for us fans to see our team ripped to shreds,and our dreams and aspirations for the club up in the air. I had great hopes for our club this season. At my age, will I ever see my team going top to toe with the likes of Wigan, Saints, and Leeds again in the top tier, who can say ? It will never stop me following our team, and believing in it. Let's be honest the club has actually been in worse places.

To what could be a little annoyance to those currently revelling in the club's predicament, there have been positive news stories that could get out there officially, in what has been a dark few weeks.

Even if just to announce A and B shirt sponsors both reaffirm their support to the Club in 2019.

Positivity !
Alan 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11989
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 15 200221 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th May 20 07:1217th Mar 20 21:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What and when? : Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:36 pm  
Harold Rigby Jnr wrote:
Totally agree with you again VL.

Everything is nothing more than hear say, unless the club sorts itself out, official communications wise.

What I find shameful is some people on here are just using the opportunity to be deliberately mischievous and cause untold damage to the Club. It is just not on and their actions are despicable.

If It is not difficult enough for us fans to see our team ripped to shreds,and our dreams and aspirations for the club up in the air. I had great hopes for our club this season. At my age, will I ever see my team going top to toe with the likes of Wigan, Saints, and Leeds again in the top tier, who can say ? It will never stop me following our team, and believing in it. Let's be honest the club has actually been in worse places.

To what could be a little annoyance to those currently revelling in the club's predicament, there have been positive news stories that could get out there officially, in what has been a dark few weeks.

Even if just to announce A and B shirt sponsors both reaffirm their support to the Club in 2019.

Positivity !

In previous seasons, we have tended to store up the 'good news' stories like shirt sponsorships, and release them on a daily/weekly basis, during the 'off season'. I'm with you - I think now would be an ideal time to release some positive news, without breaching any confidentialities, to start some much-needed momentum, in preparation for next season.

Yesterday's belated announcement was a step in the right direction and, for example, certainly showed some of the departing players as being far more than self-centred individuals. Hopefully, the club will follow up that release with some more, in the coming days.
atomic 
RankPostsTeam
International Star6896
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 20159 years250th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 19:4622nd Feb 24 20:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: What and when? : Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:04 pm  
Vancouver Leyther wrote:
Well it doesn’t tell us the what we all desperately want to know but that is likely because it’s still being worked out. It does at least tell officially stuff we did know. (Players moved to their clubs) but it does more.
It confirmed what was for me and I’m sure others what was just hearsay, eg KC going (with no disrespect to anyone on here that has passed on info they really did know) because with so much rumour and distraction fueled by lack of official info, it’s hard to clearly know what has truly happened.
It also informed me of info I had no idea about. The fact that KC, Morts and others have left and will not be getting payment to the end of the season or longer.

I agree the release is not the golden goose of info but still appreciated.
And to those who officially release info, please do your best to do it the first moment it can be done, to help stop some of the rubbish gaining momentum on the back of silence from the club. Just because info is known by some and appears to be commonly out in the public realm, it does not mean it stands out in the pile of rubbish surrounding it.
Please keep us officially informed in a timely manner :PRAY:

Theres one clear problem here, and that sits with the RFL/SL who also stated the decision on the structure would take another couple of weeks,two weeks ago. The same tripe that was stated at the beginning of the season.

If you are a willing investor, you need to know that information before committing your hard earned. We were told players will exit,we have the recent statement, stating something we already know.

What more do people want? Confirmation of a confirmation!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3939
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 04 200519 years188th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 23:4923rd Mar 24 14:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
First game was in 1967, and have been hooked since day 1. Now live in Vancouver, Canada but follow our team any way I can.
“Up The Comics !”

Re: What and when? : Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:12 pm  
atomic wrote:
Theres one clear problem here, and that sits with the RFL/SL who also stated the decision on the structure would take another couple of weeks,two weeks ago. The same tripe that was stated at the beginning of the season.

If you are a willing investor, you need to know that information before committing your hard earned. We were told players will exit,we have the recent statement, stating something we already know.

What more do people want? Confirmation of a confirmation!

I would like the club to release important information in a timely manor. Like I clearly said.
The statement was not timely on
1. Info we all knew - players moved to other clubs because it was confirmed by the other clubs.
2. Info I’ve read on here among piles of other rubbish- KC gone,
3. Info I did not know- KC, Morts not still getting paid after leaving.
Timely info from the club will stop some of the wild rumours getting legs and ultimately help keep fans on the terraces.
Also like I said just because info is ‘out’ it does not mean it is perceived as correct/true in the early stages.
So no I do not want ‘confirmation of a confirmation’ but I would like confirmation of what is happening, when it happens.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator22898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 200519 years287th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Mar 23 21:3331st Mar 23 21:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
L.I.S.A Secretary LISA website

Re: What and when? : Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:38 pm  
Peter Kay wrote:
Mr chantler wants to save money by asking players to make there own way to Fev game as coach bill is a little bit behind.

They can come on the Lisa coaches then :IDEA:
RankPostsTeam
Moderator22898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 200519 years287th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Mar 23 21:3331st Mar 23 21:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
L.I.S.A Secretary LISA website

Re: What and when? : Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:39 pm  
Until the club know what's happening how can they tell anyone
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3939
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 04 200519 years188th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
First game was in 1967, and have been hooked since day 1. Now live in Vancouver, Canada but follow our team any way I can.
“Up The Comics !”

Re: What and when? : Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:53 pm  
Dick Jones wrote:
Until the club know what's happening how can they tell anyone

It’s not info on what has not yet happened or been sorted. That’s not reasonable or prudent. (As in a “further statement will be released at the beginning of next week” )
It’s info on what has happened, when it happens, that I believe would help the club itself to keep supporters engaged, and help quash some of the wild rumours gain traction.
atomic 
RankPostsTeam
International Star6896
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 20159 years250th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 19:4622nd Feb 24 20:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: What and when? : Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:21 pm  
Vancouver Leyther wrote:
I would like the club to release important information in a timely manor. Like I clearly said.
The statement was not timely on
1. Info we all knew - players moved to other clubs because it was confirmed by the other clubs.
2. Info I’ve read on here among piles of other rubbish- KC gone,
3. Info I did not know- KC, Morts not still getting paid after leaving.
Timely info from the club will stop some of the wild rumours getting legs and ultimately help keep fans on the terraces.
Also like I said just because info is ‘out’ it does not mean it is perceived as correct/true in the early stages.
So no I do not want ‘confirmation of a confirmation’ but I would like confirmation of what is happening, when it happens.

I don't disagree with what your saying VL. But if the RFL can back track on what they stated I'm pretty sure a chairman can do the same. The club are doing nothing different to what the governing body is doing. Do you have any updates from the RFL pertaining to the whole of the game?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3939
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 04 200519 years188th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
“Up The Comics !”

Re: What and when? : Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:48 pm  
No argument from me on that Atomic and no of course I have no idea what the RFL are doing (I’m not sure they even know themselves).
My point is simply I believe it is in the best interest of the club and all true fans, that the club release info (any/all info) as soon as possible and appropriate.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain485No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 20159 years284th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Apr 22 07:4828th Mar 22 08:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What and when? : Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:00 am  
atomic wrote:
I don't disagree with what your saying VL. But if the RFL can back track on what they stated I'm pretty sure a chairman can do the same. The club are doing nothing different to what the governing body is doing. Do you have any updates from the RFL pertaining to the whole of the game?

I do not nor have ever engaged in conspiracy theories in that certain things have/are purposefully engineered to cause maximum inpact, whatever the subject matter.

BUT, I do think that circumstances can develop that would/could change the direction of initial intentions, in this case I refer to Mr Elstone's SL mandate that this season would be the last that would employ the 8's structure.

The Chairmen, the club's, the fan's et al were promised (by SL - through Mr Elstone) an announcement would be made to clarify and advise the position and the next stage of the proceedure, being that announcement has not been forthcoming for which I believe the hesitation in delivering the information has been the result of the make-up of the club's involved in the Qualifying 8's category, clubs who may or may not be part of the ongoing and future plan's the SL envisage, I do think there will be a further period of silence until next years roster of SL clubs will be known.

In Leigh's case as already alluded to on these pages, who is going to invest in something that they do not know what they are investing in, that would be pure folly. The club may already have alternative plan's whichever the path the authorities take the game along, but in the best interests of all concerned are not at liberty to disclose anything.

It is totally frustrating for all of us with concerns for our clubs future propects, but it is totally understandable to me why there is a lack of information in this direction, but also it is inexcusable that peripheral announcements such as employee's leaving the club are concerned have been withheld.
PreviousNext