FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - What and when?
atomic 
RankPostsTeam
International Star6896
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 20159 years250th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 19:4622nd Feb 24 20:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: What and when? : Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:30 am  
Harold Rigby Jnr wrote:
Spot on Alan.. As usual.

Why say an announcement will be made on Monday, then not make one. You could just say an announcement will be made in 'due course'

However, contrary to Atomic's view, I do not believe Derek wants out. Just that the level of investment required from him to maintain the current squad next year makes it 'untenable' from him alone. A substantial amount of future expenditure has since been removed from the wage bill.

The structure and more specifically a clear pathway in to SL for ambitious championship clubs will be the key driver.

To be fair, he never said that.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3939
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 04 200519 years188th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 23:4923rd Mar 24 14:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
First game was in 1967, and have been hooked since day 1. Now live in Vancouver, Canada but follow our team any way I can.
“Up The Comics !”

Re: What and when? : Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:15 am  
atomic wrote:
To be fair, he never said that.

To be fairer he said “at the beginning of next week”......
Monday is the beginning of the week isn’t it.

A simple statement explaining something like although a further statement was originally going to made at the beginning of the week, the situation is still being worked out to ensure the best for the club and a more detailed statement will follow ASAP.
It wouldn’t help us relax any but it would at least let us feel that all is not lost.
atomic 
RankPostsTeam
International Star6896
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 20159 years250th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 19:4622nd Feb 24 20:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: What and when? : Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:02 pm  
Vancouver Leyther wrote:
To be fairer he said “at the beginning of next week”......
Monday is the beginning of the week isn’t it.

A simple statement explaining something like although a further statement was originally going to made at the beginning of the week, the situation is still being worked out to ensure the best for the club and a more detailed statement will follow ASAP.
It wouldn’t help us relax any but it would at least let us feel that all is not lost.

Clutching at straws VL. If theres nothing in the pipeline, why advertise it?
Alan 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11989
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 15 200221 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th May 20 07:1217th Mar 20 21:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What and when? : Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:24 am  
atomic wrote:
Clutching at straws VL. If theres nothing in the pipeline, why advertise it?

Ah, but isn't that exactly what DB did, in his first statement? :wink:
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain485No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 20159 years284th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Apr 22 07:4828th Mar 22 08:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What and when? : Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:58 am  
I should imagine DB is still in the 'loop' of a 'need to know basis' concerning all the clubs chairmen including those of the SL, on Backchat the other week Mr Elstone has already stated he has visited all 12 SL clubs for discussions, I am sure that some of the moot points of those talks have worked there way in Mr Beaumonts direction.
Most probably, and reading between the lines of Mr Rimmers interview when questioned about the structure he said "I am not of the liberty to say" he did not say that it has been sorted but did not deny that there had been a decision made, he indicated we will all know soon enough, he did say he had been involved in many constructive talks with Mr Elstone and they are working well together!
So, what do I make of this?
I believe that Mr Beaumont is privvy to what the next step is going to be, and how it is going to effect our club, from that he will also know how it effects the decision he must have already made, he will also be aware of any positivity or otherwise in his quest to "offload" his involvement to any other person or consortium, the timing of his announcement to me is critical to him personally, he could look like the rat that deserted the sinking ship, or leave with the majority saying "thanks for everthing you have done and tried to acheive for Leigh RLFC" or if the dice fall favourably his way concerning the restructure he may just stay.
Just a thought!
Tom G 
RankPostsTeam
International Star487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 14 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Aug 18 09:4513th Aug 18 09:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Up the Leythers.

Re: What and when? : Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:26 pm  
Let Derek go to Salford. I’d rather go part time and work our way back than be held to a random by a rich kid who treats us like a game of Championship Manager.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2314No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 200519 years297th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 17:2825th Mar 24 14:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What and when? : Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:24 pm  
Alan wrote:
In his initial statement, on 25 July, did our owner not promise a 'more detailed statement at the beginning of next week?' (i.e. the beginning of this week)

https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/blog/2018/07/2 ... atement-2/

I note Harold's earlier explanation that he is waiting for the new structure to be announced - although goodness knows how that will impact on us, now, or when it is likely to occur!

In a similar vein, we announced the signing of Brendan Elliott and another overseas' player, immediately before the initial statement of doom from our owner. Surely the club had an inkling then, that all may not have been well, and may have been better served not to make the announcement of signings?

We seem to be very good at announcing positive news (and that's great) but less so at announcing the not-so-positive news. Meanwhile the rumour mill goes into overdrive!

Personally, I would welcome a further statement on our situation.

This has been a frustration of mine for a few years. In fact, since the board of management (or whatever it was called) became a sole owner, the communications from the club nosedived. Things like Penky's knee, Sam Barlow's back, Rangi's hip has led to people thinking there's something sinister going on any time a player gets injured. The club would've made their lives a lot easier with a bit of honesty.

As for current situation, they could at least come out and say it will be revisited at the end of the season, no talk about investors can be made public etc... instead of announcing a non-existant announcement like they seem to keep doing.
Alan wrote:
In his initial statement, on 25 July, did our owner not promise a 'more detailed statement at the beginning of next week?' (i.e. the beginning of this week)

https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/blog/2018/07/2 ... atement-2/

I note Harold's earlier explanation that he is waiting for the new structure to be announced - although goodness knows how that will impact on us, now, or when it is likely to occur!

In a similar vein, we announced the signing of Brendan Elliott and another overseas' player, immediately before the initial statement of doom from our owner. Surely the club had an inkling then, that all may not have been well, and may have been better served not to make the announcement of signings?

We seem to be very good at announcing positive news (and that's great) but less so at announcing the not-so-positive news. Meanwhile the rumour mill goes into overdrive!

Personally, I would welcome a further statement on our situation.

This has been a frustration of mine for a few years. In fact, since the board of management (or whatever it was called) became a sole owner, the communications from the club nosedived. Things like Penky's knee, Sam Barlow's back, Rangi's hip has led to people thinking there's something sinister going on any time a player gets injured. The club would've made their lives a lot easier with a bit of honesty.

As for current situation, they could at least come out and say it will be revisited at the end of the season, no talk about investors can be made public etc... instead of announcing a non-existant announcement like they seem to keep doing.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2418No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 08 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Mar 20 21:279th Mar 20 07:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
snaivooladniv eht fo thgim eht eraweb

Re: What and when? : Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:31 pm  
Tom G wrote:
Let Derek go to Salford. I’d rather go part time and work our way back than be held to a random by a rich kid who treats us like a game of Championship Manager.

Back to where exactly ?
Tom G 
RankPostsTeam
International Star487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 14 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Aug 18 09:4513th Aug 18 09:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Up the Leythers.

Re: What and when? : Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:50 pm  
We're either starting with a point deduction or brand new in L1. Both of those situations require working back to full time and being competitive.
Alan 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11989
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 15 200221 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th May 20 07:1217th Mar 20 21:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What and when? : Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:35 pm  
LeythIg wrote:

..........or transferred. It would have been nice to see a 'thank you and good luck' to the likes of Hall, Crooks, Bodene & Jordan Thompson, Mata'utia and especially Hansen
PreviousNext