JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Sep 21 19:3127th Jul 21 21:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Warrington @ home : Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:02 am  
Good win in awful conditions every player battled hard thought the ref was poor. Well done to the whole squad
jools 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 201113 years185th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 23 05:1924th Dec 22 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Re: Warrington @ home : Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:13 am  
hxgiant wrote:
Good win in awful conditions every player battled hard thought the ref was poor. Well done to the whole squad

It’s always hard to ref a game where the teams are intent on spoiling. Wire tried to “rough us up” all game- particularly nasty was cooper pressing into Haskell’s head after he’d Just come back on from a head assessment- and god knows what the on report was for. We were no angels either- we weren’t inside for quite a lot of the game, and we were holding down an age to slow wire down. Wire were moving off the mark before we’d placed the ball off the floor and took the ball off the man playing it to win the ball back!!! the conditions make it difficult I’m sure. But the tactics didn’t help him.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1480No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 17 200618 years308th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Jan 24 07:0016th Apr 23 06:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Warrington @ home : Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:29 am  
fartown since 1961 wrote:
A better performance tonight although lucky that Lineham knocked on with the line at his mercy when Darnell Mackintosh was out of position again in the first half, their try was a walk in down the right again from a kick carbon copy of the Hull one.

I knew someone would pick up on macintosh positioning for the try, he was on the other side of the pitch covering for mamo and Murphy who were involved in the tackle from the break. He was in the right position and his positioning and attitude to chase for his own try was spot on!

I was really impressed with our ball handling last night considering the conditions, weve handled much worse in the dry.

Thought it was a pretty solid performance all around last night and after a little criticism, I thought Turner and Murphy worked well together and Dan Smith looked like a pretty competent super league player last night.

Anyone any idea on the no try calls, were they the right calls? I didn't see anything wrong with my claret and gold blinkers on.

Also nice to see some camerarderie, togetherness and fight in the team last night. Certainly much more optimistic after last night, the effort was there and for me that is half the battle.

On another note, Warrington were terrible.
RankPostsTeam
International Star264No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 22:0311th Jun 22 18:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Warrington @ home : Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:42 am  
jools wrote:

Not sure what the on report was for but cooper and hill were going for Mamo at every opportunity.
We will have to play better- but the conditions were awful.

Kicking out in the tackle.

And we will have to play better, but all credit to them. I don't think Warrington were that poor. We normally can't cope with teams with line speed that quick, but we probably had more 7/8 out of 10 players than they did last night.
Danril 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner13805No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 08 200321 years310th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Feb 24 13:0219th Jul 21 11:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
If London is Athens, Yorkshire is Sparta, a tougher community and proud of it.

Re: Warrington @ home : Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:45 am  
I thought it was a well deserved win and what I particularly liked was that we stood up and bit back when things got a bit tasty rather than going into our shells and rolling over.
I thought Olly Roberts showed signs of leadership last night - he was directing people and geeing them up and then would take in a ball and make some good yards as well. Future captain stuff IMO if he carries on like that and he's a full grown man now.
Thaler wasn't brilliant no but he was consistent. What he gave against us he gave against them and what he didn't for us he didn't for them. When that happens you can't have too many complaints about the refereeing IMO.

We had a rake of lads out and we played a quality Warrington side. Not many people would have expected a win like that before kick off. I'll take that 8 days a week.

Well done lads.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1104No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 26 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Jul 21 09:2822nd Jun 21 13:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Warrington @ home : Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:18 am  
Must say I have to eat some humble pie.

Thought Clough and Ferguson were outstanding last night and usually im not the biggest fan of either. Although Warrington were extremely poor they don't have bags of pace, similar to us and we always seem do well against them.

Also mentions for Broughy and Daniel Smith who turned their performances round from last week.

Them conditions really do suit our style of play, especially with the players who were available to play.

We do seem to give silly penalties away though at crucial times but last night we managed to defend well straight after, such as the flop on Ratchford right by their line in the 2nd half and the really late challenge on their kicker in the first half, just before half time. We will need to cut these out though, especially against St Helens.

Thought Mamos disallowed try was very harsh and that would have killed the game off completely in the first half.

Few bodies potentially back for the St Helens game as well such as Bruno, Jerry, Wakeman & Walne (Although no one knows if he is even injured). Although I wouldn't just throw all 4 of them in at once.

Really important win this, especially having to play St Helens next who may be the team to beat this year. After the Saints game we have a good few fixtures with Wakey, Widnes and Hull KR.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach359No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Dec 18 01:2016th Aug 18 13:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
DON'T DIE WITH THE MUSIC IN YOU

Re: Warrington @ home : Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:59 am  
Agree with all of above - ground out a good win in poor conditions playing the game the right way with good ball retention fewer pens and solid drives. Really impressed with Fergie who notably made some good runs out wide, broke through and even kicked through. Thought that added a lot to our attack last night. Main thing for me was the effort from the whole 17 especially in defence and the desire to win. Been a long time since the whole team celebrated together like they did when the win was assured with a few minutes left. Seems the team spirit is good which goes a long way. We can only get better from here and the week break may actually work in our favour to make a few tweaks, practice some more plays and of course have more players available for selection.
Apart from Ratchford Wire were poor though but you can only play what is in front of you. Good win overall and encouraged for the season to come.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jun 20 08:496th Sep 19 16:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE

Re: Warrington @ home : Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:12 pm  
wow its going to be quiet on here for a few weeks after that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

thought we were always in control lastnight, never looked like losing... the game i felt should have been won by half time, two disallowed tries which would have been interesting if there was a video ref.

was abit worried about having a collapse like at hull in the second half but need not worry!!

thought ferguson was brilliant, but i like him anyway, such a hard player to put down once he gets his legs pumping... bossed murdoch masila.

murphy...again another who doesnt get enough credit, wins important pens like jerry when bringing the ball back.

rankin, showed up well lastnight too...

players to return from injury in coming weeks, things looking brighter!

5100 not a bad crowd in that weather and a thurs night... thought the lights going on and off at the start when players came out was a nice touch
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9058
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 28 200618 years72nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th May 24 18:1224th Apr 24 05:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell

Re: Warrington @ home : Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:40 pm  
From the outside that sounds like a really good result. Better still if you managed to control the ball which was more than either side in the other game managed to do.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jun 20 08:496th Sep 19 16:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE

Re: Warrington @ home : Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:39 pm  
Clearwing wrote:
From the outside that sounds like a really good result. Better still if you managed to control the ball which was more than either side in the other game managed to do.

ceraintly cut down on the errors which cost us last week at hull in the second half
PreviousNext