Club Coach7731
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years81st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 06:0015th Apr 24 11:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:01 am  
King Johns II wrote:
You didnt actually think signing a new contract last year would stop this speculation......did you?

I am quite surprised by the majority of Wigan fans worrying about GW moving on considering the amount of flack he gets on all forums and board. I am a big fan and he is perfect for Wigan moving forward with Lam / Edwards I think GW will be more excited at staying at Wigan to be coached by Wigan Legends than risk the NRL. Not many 6 or 7 go down under from SL as many or reject NRL versions come to UK to fill spots the UK boys cant make work eg Drinkwater

:CLAP:

Especially considering most of the rumours are started by these same people in the first place!
RankPostsTeam
International Star280
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 12 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Oct 19 15:3113th Aug 18 11:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 am  
King Johns II wrote:
No he dont have a clause in his contract.

Dont want him back at Wigan

plus we have Hankinson now who looks to have a mass of potential, and can kick a goal too. i too wouldn't have Gells back unless we were in dire need or injury cover i'm afraid. a class person, but i'd be constantly worried that he is more concerned with his next video project than what is happening on the pitch.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8103No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years269th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Apr 24 21:2414th Apr 24 21:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:05 am  
Williams would do well to consider staying and improving under the coaching of Lam and Edwards. He should think about how they will change the team, the way they play and how he will benefit from it.
If he still wanted to go to the NRL he would go a far better player then he is no, and I do rate him.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7731
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years81st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:12 am  
Jukesays wrote:
That's not what he said - He said that we are well covered in that area and listed the players - He didn't say that we Wouldn't be bringing anyone else in

[quote]"Wigan Burt"
and neither did I, i said he woudln't be bringing in another SR, not ANY players. again, with the nit-picking ont he detail folks! seriously.....[quote]

Ok - But as you probably know - I meant Wouldn't be bringing any more 2nd rowers in

So I'll say again - He never said he wouldn't be bringing any more 2nd rowers in - He said we were Well covered and listed the players.

If you want to interpret that as were not bringing any more players in that's ok - He just didn't say what you said.

Now if you call that Nit picking Fair enough - I'm just not someone who reads things into what people didn't say.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29248
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 06:5115th Apr 24 14:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:16 am  
Williams has told the NRL site he wants the move next season and although Wigan may not like it that it’s his dream.

Ridiculous by him to go public with that and he runs the risk of fans getting on his back for the rest of this season.

Our willingness to allow these lads to ‘follow their dreams’ is creating a bit of a monster sadly.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15183No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 14 200618 years191st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 17:488th Apr 24 17:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:18 am  
NickyKiss wrote:
Williams has told the NRL site he wants the move next season and although Wigan may not like it that it’s his dream.

Ridiculous by him to go public with that and he runs the risk of fans getting on his back for the rest of this season.

Our willingness to allow these lads to ‘follow their dreams’ is creating a bit of a monster sadly.

He needs a reality check.

Is it is really his dream to play second-grade for the next two or three years?

The whole thing's ridiculous. He's only just good enough for Super League on current form.
RankPostsTeam
International Star280
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 12 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Oct 19 15:3113th Aug 18 11:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:26 am  
the fact this keeps cropping up could mean that perhaps he has something going on and needs to get away from it. if that is the case then no fan or the club should stand in his way.

on the plus side, selfishly, we'd benefit greatly on transfer fees again and could bring some real talent in (not that i'm saying GW isn't but his head is clearly not at wigan anymore).
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4784No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 10 200815 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Mar 20 08:2924th Dec 19 16:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:34 am  
Cruncher wrote:
He needs a reality check.

Is it is really his dream to play second-grade for the next two or three years?

The whole thing's ridiculous. He's only just good enough for Super League on current form.

Might not be reserve grade. It seems Newcastle would like him to play first team.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7731
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years81st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:34 am  
WiganBurt wrote:
you are right i have, yet today i have also pointed out that the more recent dealings the club has performed have gone a long way to appeasing those concerns i had.

but before we carry on at no point did i say IL was up to no good, at no point did i say there was something untoward going on. my point since joing this board was that i felt the club had handled contracts poorly, giving out money left right and centre to those not deserving or those who ended up throwing it back in our faces. where is the element of something untoward there? all that means is that i think the contract negotiations and whoever controlled them was having a bloody mare!!

i also may have said he is probably lining his pockets but he is a business man, why wouldn't he be?! i dont even care if he is, as long as he is looking after the club in the process, which like i said he seems to be doing, of late at the very least.

so to answer your question, considering you've had the decency to at least communicate with me rather than argue the toos like some others on here, then B. but you cannot tell me how to run my life, i can do with it as i wish and feel how i feel. if i care about the wellfare of the club so be it. there's nothing wrong or untoward about that is there. i'm sure many of you all feel the same.

and surely as fans we have a right to know / ask about whats going on regarding the club, or do you expect us to go blindly into season ticket renewals, the purchase of god knows how many different forms of club gear and trips to AUS every year just presuming that everything will be all right?! i think you are being a little too nit-picky, thats all.

if you don't liek the fact that i obviously had / have concerns then fair enough, but don't expect me to change my views just because they don't agree with others please.

There are a couple of points I don't agree with in here but for purposes of not derailing/Arguing etc. Ill leave it at this.

Saying that you didn't say he was up to no good - And then saying he was Lining his own pockets - Is pretty much Tantamount to saying that he is up to no good and a bit of a contradiction, or at least that's what I would think a lot of people would assume your getting at.

At no point as anyone asked you to change your views - What they've asked for is supporting arguments/evidence for why you think things have been handled really badly and IMO a lot of what you perceive as things being handled badly are based on the opinions/statements of others who have quoted what so and so may be on and what contracts may or may not say and portraying it as FACT when None of us really know.
I personally believe a lot of people end up with a negative view of what is going on by taking what some people say as fact without there may being any supporting evidence etc.

My personal opinion (And this is coming from someone who has argued Face to Face with IFL on a couple of occasions).

He's totally revamped Wigan RLFC as a financial business and instead of being 1mans play thing and having the clubs future hanging by a thread if said person ever walked away - On top of that said person didn't want to play by the RFL rules.

I think what happened 2008 (I was at the Deanery Forum when he explained the financial situation/Players contracts situation he inherited) to around 2013 was fantastic.
Do I think it has stagnated - Yes
Do I think he could have acted quicker on certain things - Yes
Do I think some of the issue is Not Wigan RL Related (i.e. Salary cap - RFL incompetence - General Malaise of SL) - Yes

Do I also think though that some of the problem is the Wigan RLFC Fans themselves (RL Fans of other clubs also) - To an extent Yes (And I get the bit about we shouldn't just be Happy Clappers etc. we should have a voice).
If for example IFL ran it like a Business then he would have potentially shut it down as it's never going to constantly make profits - Yet some wanted to be treated like "Customers" and expect Guarantees and almost like SLA's to go with them - i.e. We will achieve "X" & we will win "X" etc. that go with being a "Business".

I just don't believe there are Guarantees, I don't "Expect" anything other than all the Employees/Staff/Players putting in their best every week.
Do I think in the main they do that - Yes Totally

Outside of that - We can only do what we do and control what we can control & I think were doing that pretty well - It's a bounce of the ball, a referees decision here and there and I for one want that to be how it is - If there were Guarantees it would be boring.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach507
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 21 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Sep 18 11:2310th Sep 18 12:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
King Johns II wrote: 11th July 2018
2019 - Lam (Edwards part time in background)
2020 - Edwards

Mr Lebron James replied with :CRAZY:

King Johns II wrote: 11th July 2018
I am just letting you know what I have heard is happening the moral or professional aspects are not being discussed.
Lam will be the main coach 2019 and Edwards will work along side but not in public view until 2020 maybe we will end up following the Leeds Rhinos director of rugby style.

And Mr Lebron James replied with !!!!!! :DRUMMER:

Lebron James wrote:
Do you want to have a bet on that? I will bet whatever you want on it as long as there is a third party to hold the money.
Regards - King James (Lebron)

"THERE IS ONLY ONE KING..........JOHNS!"

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:37 am  
NickyKiss wrote:

The comments / article from the NRL says " IF the NRL was an opportunity for me I would love to move to Australia.........."

Big word is IF and I very much doubt any NRL club will pay the signing fee for a UK 6 or 7.
PreviousNext