Dec 10 200815 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Mar 20 08:2924th Dec 19 16:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Right centre : Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:48 pm  
Cherry_&_White wrote:
Not wanting to put words in people's mouths, but I'm assuming that the 'our 4 would get in anyone's team' argument was based on Burgess & Manfredi not being permanently hampered by their injuries. Bit of a stretch with Manfredi, but we don't have anything else to go off. If it turns out that he'll never be the same, then fair enough, but if were talking about what we've seen of him, he's still our best winger imo.

Fair point about Saints' wingers, but as good as Makinson & Grace are, I think you can make a case for each of our wingers getting in that team.

I look at things as they are in reality, as they stand. Manfredi was fantastic, but no one (unless you're part of the Wigan set up) knows how he is and how he'll be, that's all I'm saying.

Currently Burgess isn't performing (hopefully that'll change) and Marshall has issues in his game.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain320
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 20177 years298th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 16:3815th Apr 24 10:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Right centre : Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:02 pm  
Last Son of Wigan wrote:
I look at things as they are in reality, as they stand. Manfredi was fantastic, but no one (unless you're part of the Wigan set up) knows how he is and how he'll be, that's all I'm saying.

Currently Burgess isn't performing (hopefully that'll change) and Marshall has issues in his game.

That's fair enough, I'm not really that invested in arguing that him & Burgess would get into everyone's team to be honest. As you say, pointless discussion until they both get a run.

That said, I genuinely can't think of a single winger in SL at present who I look at I think that I'd swap him for one of ours.

Might sound quite outlandish, and I suppose if someone offered an Eden/Grace/McGilvery swap for Manfredi then you'd probably taken it given his injuries. Even so, Marshall & Davies are amongst the League's best already, despite being kids, and we've got two players who are still early/mid 20s who with a decent run of fitness are even better. That's an amazing position to be in!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4784No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 10 200815 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Mar 20 08:2924th Dec 19 16:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Right centre : Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:34 pm  
Cherry_&_White wrote:
That's fair enough, I'm not really that invested in arguing that him & Burgess would get into everyone's team to be honest. As you say, pointless discussion until they both get a run.

That said, I genuinely can't think of a single winger in SL at present who I look at I think that I'd swap him for one of ours.

Might sound quite outlandish, and I suppose if someone offered an Eden/Grace/McGilvery swap for Manfredi then you'd probably taken it given his injuries. Even so, Marshall & Davies are amongst the League's best already, despite being kids, and we've got two players who are still early/mid 20s who with a decent run of fitness are even better. That's an amazing position to be in!

I don't see Marshall as being anywhere near being the leagues best, people on here who think anything even close are only seeing his pace and tries. I like Davies, lots of promise with him, however he's not as good as what Burgess, Manfredi or Charnley was when they first came through.

I hope Manfredi comes back the same player who left. I honestly thought by now we'd have 2 of the best wingers in SL and future England internationals in Manfredi and Burgess, but circumstances have led us down a different path.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1826No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 20168 years217th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 15:1315th Apr 24 06:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Right centre : Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:18 pm  
For me Manfredi, providing he is able to return from injury is our best winger. Burgess I think is a very good player who is currently struggling with either confidence and/or fitness. I think Burgess needs to loose a few pounds too. Davies has taken his chance very well and fully deserves his spot, I believe he will be a very good winger for years to come. Marshall is the one I’m not sure about, he has pace to burn and is a great finisher however I don’t think he has the strength needed in the modern game.
Previous