* AUP   * FAQ   * Search   * Login    * Register

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:04 pm

Post subject: Re: Favourite match of 2017?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:24 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Tough choice but Salford away in the league batch scoring in the last minute then Leeds at home super 8 happy days

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:06 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Yeah, Salford away was special and Batch going under the sticks will live long in the memory.
After that, smashing Wigan in the last game of the season, with Hirst going over to break his duck for Trinity, it was a great end to an excellent season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:40 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I got great enjoyment from "nilling" the mighty Wigan yet again, but beating Leeds gave a nice feeling also!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:58 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

The obvious ones have been mentioned.
The Leeds game in the S8's was for me the one of the best 80 minute displays this season. Obviously against the team that won the GF weeks later.
The Wigan nilling was brilliant & again we played a great 80 mins, but they weren't playing for much, apart from respect but still it was awesome & for me showed how far we'd moved on, any other year Wigan would have turned up and put 40 on us.
Salford, I wasn't there for but as far as an overall exciting game, with us coming from behind & then nicking it, that's right up there. Someone mentioned the Cas narrow defeat and agree, out of all the games, that had the best atmosphere and was also a cracking game right to the last minute, shame we lost mind.

Other wins that were great were the one right near the start of the season beating Saints away.

The other, which I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned is when we came back from 20 points down against Wigan away in the first half, to come back & go in leading them at halftime. Then we put the finishing touches on them to win 30-42.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:08 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Shifty Cat wrote:The obvious ones have been mentioned.
The Leeds game in the S8's was for me the one of the best 80 minute displays this season. Obviously against the team that won the GF weeks later.
The Wigan nilling was brilliant & again we played a great 80 mins, but they weren't playing for much, apart from respect but still it was awesome & for me showed how far we'd moved on, any other year Wigan would have turned up and put 40 on us.
Salford, I wasn't there for but as far as an overall exciting game, with us coming from behind & then nicking it, that's right up there. Someone mentioned the Cas narrow defeat and agree, out of all the games, that had the best atmosphere and was also a cracking game right to the last minute, shame we lost mind.

Other wins that were great were the one right near the start of the season beating Saints away.

Quote:The other, which I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned is when we came back from 20 points down against Wigan away in the first half, to come back & go in leading them at halftime. Then we put the finishing touches on them to win 30-42.

Second and third posts.

The mind is like a parachute. If it's not open it won't work. - Frank Zappa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:18 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Last home game of the season, putting Wigan to the sword, no pressure, loved it.

Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:24 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Had to be Leeds at home - put us back on track after a previous disaster of a game. Also it was a master class in defensive RL and you don't see many of those - finally it set the template for how we played in the middle 8's. For me it was the night this team grew up.

SUPPORT SWAG...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:34 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Can't decide between Leeds & Wigan in the 8s. Both accomplished performances with superb defence and scintillating attack. Wigan tried to rough us up, but we stood firm and played them off the park.

Next season Anthony England needs Chris Hill type headgear - not a criticism, but he seems to have a lot of knocks to the head and I worry for his future health.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:25 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

vastman wrote:Had to be Leeds at home - put us back on track after a previous disaster of a game. Also it was a master class in defensive RL and you don't see many of those - finally it set the template for how we played in the middle 8's. For me it was the night this team grew up.

Very well put - I concur.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:48 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Tough call for me. I probably saw over 50% of the league matches and would struggle to choose between Leeds in the 8s, Salford away in the normal season fixture plus Cas at home when we lost by a point (okay we lost by one but it was a gripping match and our first half display was exceptional).

http://flightsandfrustration.com/

It is "Fifita" not "Fafita"

If you don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" I might get annoyed.

Sharing First World problems so you can get it right first time.

Millionaires wanted. Apply here --- Wakefield Trinity

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:04 pm