FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : Castleford Tigers 0 - 12 Leeds Rhinos LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Momirovski Try, Martin Goal
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Saints at home
snowie 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:31 am  
    Fordy wrote:
    All Hewer's fault apparently - reffed Saints out of the game See Saints Forum

Nice to see someone else blaming the ref instead of us for a change. Does any team ever lose a match down to their own inadequacies???
    makes me laugh when they cower to their own individual forum and whinge like they do, they only see what they want to see,
    Randal had hold of the shirt collar when he made the tackle and in theory shouldn't of been sent off, I was that close enough to see that but can understand why he did get binned as it looked reckless, had he missed that would of been a score to saints, had Wakefield not had a BJB taken out earlier in the game we would of scored in the first half and had the score at 28 points, no sin binning whats so ever and was as bad but not near the line

congratulations has go to Percival who managed to get up of the floor when he was shot by a fan with an elephant gun
    we now have football diving coming into our game and it truly pissing me off,
    well done on Hewer on holding on to his nerve so close to the saints fans side with the verbal that the lineman's got I'm sure it was Percival dive they was chelping about,
    edit done Makinson an injustice there it was Percival, maybe he' trying to get noticed for the next England game
      Fordy wrote:

Nice to see someone else blaming the ref instead of us for a change. Does any team ever lose a match down to their own inadequacies???
      makes me laugh when they cower to their own individual forum and whinge like they do, they only see what they want to see,
      Randal had hold of the shirt collar when he made the tackle and in theory shouldn't of been sent off, I was that close enough to see that but can understand why he did get binned as it looked reckless, had he missed that would of been a score to saints, had Wakefield not had a BJB taken out earlier in the game we would of scored in the first half and had the score at 28 points, no sin binning whats so ever and was as bad but not near the line

congratulations has go to Percival who managed to get up of the floor when he was shot by a fan with an elephant gun
      we now have football diving coming into our game and it truly pissing me off,
      well done on Hewer on holding on to his nerve so close to the saints fans side with the verbal that the lineman's got I'm sure it was Percival dive they was chelping about,
      edit done Makinson an injustice there it was Percival, maybe he' trying to get noticed for the next England game
      Last edited by snowie on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      bren2k 
      RankPostsTeam
      Club Coach15521
      JoinedServiceReputation
      Mar 24 201014 yearsN/A
      OnlineLast PostLast Page
      5th May 20 12:495th May 20 08:10LINK
      Milestone Posts
      Milestone Years
      0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:48 am  
      Fordy wrote:

To be fair, only a few one-eyed supporters trotting out that line - and plenty of others disagreeing with them; that's the way it usually goes with most post-match analyses, and it never serves well to intrude on someone's private grief.
      Fordy wrote:

To be fair, only a few one-eyed supporters trotting out that line - and plenty of others disagreeing with them; that's the way it usually goes with most post-match analyses, and it never serves well to intrude on someone's private grief.
      RankPostsTeam
      Club Coach17871
      JoinedServiceReputation
      Apr 24 201113 years46th
      OnlineLast PostLast Page
      28th Mar 24 16:0828th Mar 24 10:32LINK
      Milestone Posts
      Milestone Years
      0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:05 am  
      bren2k wrote:
      It was a radio job for me yesterday due to family issues. After racing ahead I thought we'd close up shop and defend them out of the second half - so that flurry of scores to make it a 2 point game wasn't good for the old ticker - but I guess when you're playing the best side in the league, you can't legislate for them pulling their socks up and affecting the outcome. Very happy to have my expectations exceeded though - we hadn't won any of those tight games yet, and now we have - so that's a real confidence builder after a streak of losses.

From what I could make out, Tupou and Hirst had a stormer; and Wilkin did his level best to take out as many of our players as possible? Also - did our last tackle options look more self-assured?

I'll watch it on Trinity TV later - less strain on the nerves when you know the outcome.

Dont know about last tackle options looking more assured.
      The main thing was that we completed more sets.
      Some of our kicking on the last was awful, especially just before ht, when, instead of putting the ball in touch, we gave Saints chance to attack and for me, we need to put the ball along the ground more often, instead of a kick straight into the full back or wingers hands.
      Having said that, we shouldnt be critical of a side that just scalped the top team in the comp.
      RankPostsTeam
      International Star4641
      JoinedServiceReputation
      Mar 25 201014 years182nd
      OnlineLast PostLast Page
      17th Mar 24 08:2514th Mar 24 11:07LINK
      Milestone Posts
      Milestone Years
      0510 1520 2530
      Signature
      "Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:17 am  
      wrencat1873 wrote:
      Some of our kicking on the last was awful, especially just before ht, when, instead of putting the ball in touch, we gave Saints chance to attack and for me, we need to put the ball along the ground more often, instead of a kick straight into the full back or wingers hands.

I couldn't understand what Grix was trying to do with that kick just before half time, it was bizarre. It wasn't finding touch, giving BJB a chance to chase, or bothering the Saints defence. Wasn't it on the third or fourth tackle too? It saw Saints go up the other end and score on the hooter giving them a boost for the second half.
      RankPostsTeam
      International Star1089No
      Team
      Selected
      JoinedServiceReputation
      Mar 20 201212 years239th
      OnlineLast PostLast Page
      25th Mar 24 18:4923rd Feb 24 22:45LINK
      Milestone Posts
      Milestone Years
      0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:18 am  
      Upanunder wrote:
      I dunno, by the sounds of Chezzy's post match interview, Finn's been playing with it for a while, he didn't give any indication when he'd be going in for it fixing, so maybe it isn't hampering him too much.
      I like Rocky but he doesn't control the game like Finn does, Finn is exactly the player we needed for this game considering the circumstances, 5 losses on the bounce is a pressure builder.
      So who plays next week ?, well..Finn if he can, not knowing the details of the injury its difficult to say whether Rocky would be a better choice, I'd be wanting to get Finn fixed asap, but fixtures dictate....and all that.
      I'd put Rocky in next week and get Finn fixed, but 2 months is a long time so I suppose they're holding off for a more convenient opportunity.
      God knows when that will be, its horses for courses the fixtures are Finn Rocky Finn Rocky for the foreseeable, so he's gonna have to be unavailable for some of them.
      Either that or he plays the season with a busted finger... :shock:

Finn hasn't controlled a second half all season. He didn't control it yesterday either. One kick found touch in the 77th minute. The rest were little chip kicks straight down either full back's throat. Finn's pluses come in organising the attack but we had very little ball for a lot of the 2nd half. I feel a bit sorry for Hampshire tbh, if you're going to give people shirts who have played well then why was he dropped after a good performance for a half with a broken finger whose form has been scratchy?

Finn has been an outstanding servant and he will still have games where he kicks well off the tee and passes well but is Hampshire going to offer any less when you consider his running game? His kicking against Leeds was also spot on.
      RankPostsTeam
      International Chairman35915
      JoinedServiceReputation
      Oct 13 200419 years15th
      OnlineLast PostLast Page
      28th Mar 24 08:0426th Mar 24 20:58LINK
      Milestone Posts
      Milestone Years
      0510 1520 2530
      Signature
      SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:32 am  
      Adam_Harrison9 wrote:
      Finn hasn't controlled a second half all season. He didn't control it yesterday either. One kick found touch in the 77th minute. The rest were little chip kicks straight down either full back's throat. Finn's pluses come in organising the attack but we had very little ball for a lot of the 2nd half. I feel a bit sorry for Hampshire tbh, if you're going to give people shirts who have played well then why was he dropped after a good performance for a half with a broken finger whose form has been scratchy?

Finn has been an outstanding servant and he will still have games where he kicks well off the tee and passes well but is Hampshire going to offer any less when you consider his running game? His kicking against Leeds was also spot on.

Yet somehow when Finn plays we usually win, work it out.

That said I saw nothing wrong with Hampshire last week but fact is he doesn't yet have Finns composure even if you don't see it. However at Hampshires age Finn didn't have it either, it definitely comes with age and it's hard to quantify at times.

So no I don't feel sorry for Hampshire, his time will come as indeed did Finns - off all the positions on the park S/H's are made not born IMO.
      Davc1h 
      RankPostsTeam
      Club Captain70
      JoinedServiceReputation
      Jun 29 20177 years299th
      OnlineLast PostLast Page
      15th Aug 22 11:1319th Jul 21 17:14LINK
      Milestone Posts
      Milestone Years
      0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:42 am  
      Great win for you guys.

After being on the wrong end of some close results, good to see you get over the line against the competition leaders.

Well done!!!!!
      RankPostsTeam
      Player Coach1360No
      Team
      Selected
      JoinedServiceReputation
      Sep 13 200915 years297th
      OnlineLast PostLast Page
      6th Jul 23 19:429th Jun 23 21:02LINK
      Milestone Posts
      Milestone Years
      0510 1520 2530
      Signature
      We put this festival on you ba****ds
      With whole lotta love
      We worked for one year for you pigs
      And you wanna break our walls down
      And you wanna destroy
      Well you go to hell

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:57 am  
      Radio job for me again yesterday, sounded like a heoric effort and the lads definately deserved a win based on recent games.

Strange thing is though the mood on the forum. I wonder if a 50/50 call/bounce of the ball/individual peice of brilliance or error had changed the result we would still be as pleased with the performance?

Important we seperate performance from result, as the last few weeks have shown it's often virtually as coin toss who gets over the line.
      snowie 
      RankPostsTeam
      International Board Member
      JoinedServiceReputation
      22 years302nd
      OnlineLast PostLast Page
      1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
      Milestone Posts
      Milestone Years
      0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:05 pm  
      Tommy Duckfingers wrote:
      Radio job for me again yesterday, sounded like a heoric effort and the lads definately deserved a win based on recent games.

Strange thing is though the mood on the forum. I wonder if a 50/50 call/bounce of the ball/individual peice of brilliance or error had changed the result we would still be as pleased with the performance?

Important we seperate performance from result, as the last few weeks have shown it's often virtually as coin toss who gets over the line.
      had the result gone the other way it wouldn't of swayed my opinion one bit, I've only managed three games so far but have watched all the other games either sky or Trin TV and I'm well impressed to see how close we are now to the top sides, we should of beaten Wigan, Cas, Hull, Wire and Leeds but we didn't we was far the better in all those games in my opinion
      how refreshing this seasons going to be, never had I felt like we could win the challenge cup as this year
      RankPostsTeam
      Player Coach13453
      JoinedServiceReputation
      Oct 26 200617 years63rd
      OnlineLast PostLast Page
      28th Mar 24 17:2528th Mar 24 20:23LINK
      Milestone Posts
      Milestone Years
      0510 1520 2530
      Signature
      1/10

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:21 pm  
      Tommy Duckfingers wrote:

Yes I would still be pleased with the performance as I was with the Cas and Leeds games. It was clear to see in this spate or losses that it is the bounce of the ball which was the difference between Trinity and the top teams we've just played. A loss would have been down to a few individuals errors bit overall it was a cracking team effort. There was a period in the first half where Saints couldn't handle Trinity and we cut through them for fun
      PreviousNext