Board index Super League Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk Licensing & SL Structure



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Licensing & SL Structure
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:04 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 3008
Location: Hull
Plateface wrote:Many would argue that college football is indeed bigger than the NFL.From a live attendance point of view,way bigger.
There are around 8+ colleges with ground capacities of 100k plus and lots with 90k plus stadiums and in most cases they sell out.
From a television point of view,monies generated from advertising and viewing figures,the NFL.
As regards the Super League,high school foofball is massive with school stadiums having 50K stadiums,and again sell out in lots of games.

The point about rugby league taking off in the US is questionable,they do have some teams in the US but as far as i know,and i will stand corrected,it is not played in schools or colleges.I think the yanks would television wise enjoy it but as far as taking off as a school participation sport,not much hope.
There is a growing trend in the US that parents are steering there kids away from "football" due to the high number and frequent head injuries that are being highlighted.So i cant see many parents wanting to see there offspring playing an equally brutal sport without all the padding.

RL is not equally brutal. Almost every professional football player carries a serious brain injury. Our sport doesn't come close.

For this reason you can see the gap in the US market. A low cost contact sport that doesn't maim every single participant but can be picked up quickly by football players could be popular. The talent pool in the US is vast but there are few opportunities for athletes that don't make it at the top level.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Licensing & SL Structure
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:34 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:46 pm
Posts: 10603
C for Cuckoo wrote:RL is not equally brutal. Almost every professional football player carries a serious brain injury. Our sport doesn't come close.

For this reason you can see the gap in the US market. A low cost contact sport that doesn't maim every single participant but can be picked up quickly by football players could be popular. The talent pool in the US is vast but there are few opportunities for athletes that don't make it at the top level.



ryan mason who plays for hull city had to retire today because of his head injury sustained in a game last year v spurs, heading the football also brought into question too, so yes your right it isnt just rugby or nfl

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Licensing & SL Structure
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:47 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:48 pm
Posts: 6044
Location: east east hull
C for Cuckoo wrote:RL is not equally brutal. Almost every professional football player carries a serious brain injury. Our sport doesn't come close.

For this reason you can see the gap in the US market. A low cost contact sport that doesn't maim every single participant but can be picked up quickly by football players could be popular. The talent pool in the US is vast but there are few opportunities for athletes that don't make it at the top level.

I very much doubt that every player carries a serious brain injury in fact I'm certain your very wrong on that






einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Licensing & SL Structure
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:25 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 3008
Location: Hull
fun time frankie wrote:I very much doubt that every player carries a serious brain injury in fact I'm certain your very wrong on that

In one study 96% of nfl players' brains examined had chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

Your certainty is misplaced.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Licensing & SL Structure
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:42 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:23 pm
Posts: 470
Location: no where near east hull
C for Cuckoo wrote:RL is not equally brutal. Almost every professional football player carries a serious brain injury. Our sport doesn't come close.

For this reason you can see the gap in the US market. A low cost contact sport that doesn't maim every single participant but can be picked up quickly by football players could be popular. The talent pool in the US is vast but there are few opportunities for athletes that don't make it at the top level.



I didnt word my post very well,let me clarify.
The phrase equally brutal are not my words,like you i dont agree either,but that of my family and friends over i the US.My daughter in law and mother to 3 of my grandsons has watched both over here and on tv over there lots of rugby league,having married a rugby league nut.She will not let any of her boys anywhere near "football" or,not that theres much chance,rugby(both codes).This goes for most of the rest of the family and friends with young boys.They also consider rugby,both codes dangerous,again their words not mine.
I see your point about about footballers not making the big time,there are some great athletes who dont but i think it would be extremely difficult to get league off the ground among youngsters.Given the ongoing furore with football at present in the US another physical contact sport might be a bridge to far.Surprisingly football,their soccer seems to be flying under the radar regarding head injuries and seems to be one of the "new popular sports" of choice of parents in the US.
You are right as well regardingbrain injuries,a very high percentage of current and past ex pros have been found to have brain deformaties.






Born Black and White
Die Black and White

Hull will give us a tough game but the key is to silence their fans in the Threepenny Stand.We have to do this because if we do'nt they will get behind their side and lift them in a way you've never seen,heard or witnessed before.
Frank Stanton. Coach to the 1982 "Untouchables" Aussie team. 1982 "

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Licensing & SL Structure
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:59 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:58 pm
Posts: 636
Location: In My Seat In The East Stand In Block E8
number 6 wrote:ryan mason who plays for hull city had to retire today because of his head injury sustained in a game last year v spurs, heading the football also brought into question too, so yes your right it isnt just rugby or nfl



it was chelsea






Hull FC shock Leeds in the 2005 Challenge Cup final
//www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/14252202

Hull FC beat Warrington to win the 2016 Challenge Cup Final
//www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/37169016

Hull FC Beat Wigan Warriors to win the 2017 Challenge Cup Final
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/41012717

Super League Grand Finalists 2006

Challenge Cup Winners - 1914, 1982, 2005, 2016, 2017
Runners Up 1908, 1909, 1910, 1922, 1923, 1959, 1960, 1980, 1982, 1985, 2008, 2013

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Licensing & SL Structure
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:14 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:46 pm
Posts: 10603
The Milky Bar Kid wrote:it was chelsea



signed form tottenham, thats what made me think it was them

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Licensing
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:38 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:15 pm
Posts: 8480
Location: Location Location
Armavinit wrote:2. Member Conduct

2.1. Comments that are wholly designed to upset or cause distress to other members are prohibited on this site.

* Where a user wishes to keep their identity private this should be respected.


Are there actually any mods on here anymore?

Mrs's B's 2016 thread she resposted had a classic comment on it from Tinkerman to Kosh "I want to stamp all over your face"
Made me laugh out loud :)






Know your Enemy

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Licensing
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:47 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 9919
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
hull smallears wrote:Are there actually any mods on here anymore?
Quote:
Our lass is in Australia at the moment I believe.

Quote:Mrs's B's 2016 thread she resposted had a classic comment on it from Tinkerman to Kosh "I want to stamp all over your face"
Made me laugh out loud :)



I reckon Kosh would batter the Tinkerman. :lol:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Licensing & SL Structure
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:41 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:39 pm
Posts: 4877
tinkerbell flies away,






once a black and white always a black and white COYH

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next





It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:44 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 96 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:44 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,691,2521,01176,6204,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 19:30
SUPER LEAGUE
SALFORD
v
HULL KR
TODAY 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
HUDDERSFIELD
v
ST. HELENS
TODAY 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
TOMORROW 15:15
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
HULL FC
Fri 2nd Mar 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
WARRINGTON
Thu 8th Mar 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL FC
Fri 16th Mar 19:30
SUPER LEAGUE
SALFORD
v
HULL FC
Fri 23rd Mar 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 30th Mar 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Mon 2nd Apr 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 6th Apr 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
ST. HELENS
v
HULL FC
Thu 12th Apr 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Thu 19th Apr 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sat 28th Apr 17:00
SUPER LEAGUE
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HULL FC
Sat 5th May 17:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 20th May 17:30
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Fri 25th May 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
HULL FC
Fri 8th Jun 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
SALFORD
Sat 16th Jun 17:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 29th Jun 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIDNES VIKINGS
v
HULL FC
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM






34

.