JoinedServiceReputation
22 years299th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2019 Recruitment : Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:31 pm  
Washbrook is blocking several players from getting valuable experience whilst not offering enough to justify his place 'IN MY OPINION', he's a tryer but he isn't cutting the mustard.
People say he's reliable, at giving effort yes, he misses plenty of tackles and more often than not third man in, he's slow at dummy half, he rarely ever bends the line because he lacks pace, I mentioned his error count previously, I haven't bothered to check what that's like since.
He's certainly been picked over Litten countless times and very probably Turgut who was utilised in the forwards and at centre last season, he (Turgut) will not progress any further until he gets more game time. If Radford doesn't get him game time he will fall away and be another youth set up failure that the club failed to exploit, given he was the England academy captain and was touted as the next big thing and that he's only just turned 22 I'd say the club need to give him a chance, don't you?
knockersbumpMKII 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years299th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2019 Recruitment : Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:38 pm  
PCollinson1990 wrote:
bwliwve me, I am far from "limited", you are are very adept troll, but no supporter.

Clearly you are of limited thinking capacity because so eager were you to start an argument as the good little troll that you are, you missed that I defended Pearson not signing marquee players, you then threw a nonsensical statement into the equation asking me where my money was, as if that had anything to do with the subject at hand re marquee signings or otherwise, just clutching at some little straw.
Then you've done nothing but try to avoid the fact that you were wrong and wouldn't enter into the debate about recruitment and/or marquee signings. I simply said there was nothing stopping Pearson from signing a marquee player but the consideration was the financial risk.
All you could muster with your limited capacity was to start bitching in your usual fashion, it's just rinse and repeat, as I said, you clearly are of limited capacity and it's you whom are the troll with your incessant argumentative nature and yet another jibe saying I'm not a supporter, aw bless yah :DAISY:
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1401No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 02 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Apr 18 07:4928th Apr 18 14:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2019 Recruitment : Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:00 pm  
knockersbumpMKII wrote:
Clearly you are of limited thinking capacity because so eager were you to start an argument as the good little troll that you are, you missed that I defended Pearson not signing marquee players, you then threw a nonsensical statement into the equation asking me where my money was, as if that had anything to do with the subject at hand re marquee signings or otherwise, just clutching at some little straw.
Then you've done nothing but try to avoid the fact that you were wrong and wouldn't enter into the debate about recruitment and/or marquee signings. I simply said there was nothing stopping Pearson from signing a marquee player but the consideration was the financial risk.
All you could muster with your limited capacity was to start bitching in your usual fashion, it's just rinse and repeat, as I said, you clearly are of limited capacity and it's you whom are the troll with your incessant argumentative nature and yet another jibe saying I'm not a supporter, aw bless yah :DAISY:

Y A W N

( to the tune of YMCA)
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29674No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200519 years22nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 22:5328th Mar 24 19:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2019 Recruitment : Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:14 pm  
knockersbumpMKII wrote:
Washbrook is blocking several players from getting valuable experience whilst not offering enough to justify his place 'IN MY OPINION', he's a tryer but he isn't cutting the mustard.
People say he's reliable, at giving effort yes, he misses plenty of tackles and more often than not third man in, he's slow at dummy half, he rarely ever bends the line because he lacks pace, I mentioned his error count previously, I haven't bothered to check what that's like since.
He's certainly been picked over Litten countless times and very probably Turgut who was utilised in the forwards and at centre last season, he (Turgut) will not progress any further until he gets more game time. If Radford doesn't get him game time he will fall away and be another youth set up failure that the club failed to exploit, given he was the England academy captain and was touted as the next big thing and that he's only just turned 22 I'd say the club need to give him a chance, don't you?

You said senior players. Washbrook is one. Who are the others?

Christ on a bike, you can hardly say Radford:
a) Hasn't given Turgut an opportunity. He's played almost 30 games, right?
b) Isn't giving youth a chance. Fash, Masi, Lane, Downs, Turgut, Litten..how many appearances have they clocked up over last season and this? It's not a handful, it's a lot.

Lane's overtaken him in the pecking order from what I can see, that happens. Not everyone will make it. Look at Ben Crooks for example. Darryl Powell shipped him on and he's playing in the championship. Radford's judgement proved right again.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24008No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 14 200321 years1st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 24 00:1928th Mar 24 23:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2019 Recruitment : Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:31 pm  
Mrs Barista wrote:

b) Isn't giving youth a chance. Fash, Masi, Lane, Downs, Turgut, Litten..how many appearances have they clocked up over last season and this? It's not a handful, it's a lot.

Lane's overtaken him in the pecking order from what I can see, that happens. Not everyone will make it. Look at Ben Crooks for example. Darryl Powell shipped him on and he's playing in the championship. Radford's judgement proved right again.

Played 20 times last year did Turgut, I would say that is enough chances, on from Washbrook deserves to be in front of him, however like some on here I haven't given up on him yet, I think Knockers is right he does need some game time, I find it strange he can't get a loan deal or DR at Donny, maybe that says something about him, possible attitude?
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24008No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 14 200321 years1st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 24 00:1928th Mar 24 23:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2019 Recruitment : Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:37 pm  
bonaire wrote:
not good enough yet Dave even in division 1.
We went through this before we signed Kelly everyone saying Tuimavave would be our 6 yet most people could see it wasnt his position.
When Kelly goes we need to use the quota spot and try to sign a similar running half.Abdull and Connor are not the answer especially playing with Sneyd.
Connor should be at right centre and Griffin moved into the second row.

Not sure about Harris, often stand out in the championship, players like Logan and Litten havn't stood out on DR with Donny, yet they do well when they play for us in SL, I haven't seen Donny play this year, so can't comment on how he is doing, but he is playing each week and they are top of the league, so he must be doing something right.

Was never a fan of Carlos, think Connor has potential to be a star there, get on the ball as much as possible, needs to concentrate on his game, rather than winding players up though.

I think we only option for us would be Lui, other than that I think we would have to use the marquee rule to get a good enough replacement for Kelly from the NRL.

I think I'd rather stick with that we have, unless a top player becomes available.
knockersbumpMKII 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years299th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2019 Recruitment : Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:20 am  
Mrs Barista wrote:

too little too late in giving younger players opportunity that's why there's this big gap since Hadley, Bowden, Green, Shall, Crooks, Lineham came through. Our youngsters under Radford barring Fash are behind other top clubs and not enough quality/experience, or are you saying that pundits like Kirk Dixon are wrong?
So we should just give up on Turgut then, that's what you're saying right? He's going stale, not playing at all, that's great development :roll:
DGM 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2490No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 03 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Mar 20 17:2413th Mar 20 17:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Cup Winners: 1914, 1982, 2005, 2016, 2017.
Cup Runners-Up: 1908, 1909, 1910, 1922, 1923, 1959, 1960, 1980, 1983, 1985, 2008, 2013.
League Champions: 1920, 1921, 1936, 1956, 1958, 1983.
League Runners-Up: 1957, 1982, 1984, 2006.

Re: 2019 Recruitment : Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:30 pm  
knockersbumpMKII wrote:
too little too late in giving younger players opportunity that's why there's this big gap since Hadley, Bowden, Green, Shall, Crooks, Lineham came through. Our youngsters under Radford barring Fash are behind other top clubs and not enough quality/experience, or are you saying that pundits like Kirk Dixon are wrong?
So we should just give up on Turgut then, that's what you're saying right? He's going stale, not playing at all, that's great development :roll:

How many times does it need pointing out to you that the gap in youth development between the Shaul/Hadley/Bowden/Green crop, and the current crop of Lane/Turgut/Logan/Matongo/Fash etc is in most part due to the legacy left behind from Hetherington and the chronic underinvestment in our academy in her last few years.

Radford can't play youngsters if there aren't any of sufficient quality & some fall by the way side regardless of investment, that's the nature of the beast.

Don't forget that Hadley is 25, Shaul 25, Bowden 26, Green 28

Matongo is 21, Fash 22, Abdull 22, Litten 20, Logan 22, Lane 20, Turgut 22

There is a clear gap - but that gap certainly isn't because Radford is reluctant to play youngsters or give them opportunity. A lot of these players are still very young, especially for forwards, to expect them to be regular first teamers.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1401No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 02 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Apr 18 07:4928th Apr 18 14:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2019 Recruitment : Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:58 pm  
DGM wrote:
How many times does it need pointing out to you that the gap in youth development between the Shaul/Hadley/Bowden/Green crop, and the current crop of Lane/Turgut/Logan/Matongo/Fash etc is in most part due to the legacy left behind from Hetherington and the chronic underinvestment in our academy in her last few years.

Radford can't play youngsters if there aren't any of sufficient quality & some fall by the way side regardless of investment, that's the nature of the beast.

There is a clear gap - but that gap certainly isn't because Radford is reluctant to play youngsters or give them opportunity. A lot of these players are still very young, especially for forwards, to expect them to be regular first teamers.

don't try facts, bumpy doesn't like them...
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7775
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 22:0728th Mar 24 22:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Re: 2019 Recruitment : Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:13 pm  
PCollinson1990 wrote:
DGM wrote:

don't try facts, bumpy doesn't like them...

You also have to factor in the way the whole set up in the game itself for junior development as whole is a shambles as the decision to get rid of the reserve grade and not build on that is having an affect on all clubs.

Most of the younger players didn't make it due to a number of reasons one which AP alluded almost immediately after taking over and that was the total lack of investment in junior development at the club which he has since funded. Also the fact that we have two teams vying for the same youngsters in a much smaller area than the Yorkshire & Lancashire clubs. All in all I think since the changes made by AP under the advice of LR the clubs doing all it can to promote youth (Joint Academy still a bone of contention).

If it wasn't for Radford we wouldn't have Shaul now or seen Lineham in a Hull shirt. I liked Gentle but unfortunately due his lack of local knowledge when he came he was sold down the river by McRae and that for me was the undoing of him.
I really didnt think LR was the right man for the job and openly voiced that but I am big enough to say he has proven to be a very good appointment and turned the fortunes of this club around with the backing and trust of the owner.
PreviousNext