JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 03 200518 years275th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th May 24 10:084th May 24 10:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Stand-Offish wrote:
I believe that one of the teams in the race for places 3 to 5 will go on a roll and so there will be only 2 places up for grabs for the others.
But I also believe that the side going on the roll will be the Dons.
Thanks to Matty Beharrell.
And Jez Litten if we can keep him.

Got a funny feeling Litten will be recalled, unless RH can persuade Radford otherwise.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8340
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 05 200618 years40th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th May 24 09:073rd May 24 21:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Glad to see Jez is going well for you
Jemmo 
RankPostsTeam
Moderator17899
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 18 200222 years257th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th May 24 06:253rd May 24 21:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

In Kes and Litten we have, IMO, the perfect combination of hookers. Kes is experienced, defensively very strong, puts defenses on the back foot when near their own line and knows the tricks of the trade. Litten is quick and tricky, gets defences worry from longer range and can get around the pitch quickly
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach18609No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200618 years289th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Apr 24 09:3011th Feb 24 18:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Somewhere in Bonny Donny (Twinned with Krakatoa in 1883).
Signature
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

Kes and Jez ... they go together like an arab and a fez.
Jemmo 
RankPostsTeam
Moderator17899
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 18 200222 years257th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th May 24 06:253rd May 24 21:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Lovely
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach18609No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200618 years289th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Apr 24 09:3011th Feb 24 18:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Somewhere in Bonny Donny (Twinned with Krakatoa in 1883).
Signature
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

Jemmo wrote:
Lovely

I expect you to be chanting it at the Oldham game if you are there!
RankPostsTeam
International Star3440
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 06 201113 years204th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 21:451st May 24 17:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Update Monday 30th July:

We all knew the importance of yesterday’s home game against Oldham but quite how significant that win was can really be seen when looking at the projected outcomes over the remaining seven games. My ‘best guesses’ as to who will win in the remaining fixtures shown below are listed in red. After beating Oldham, we now have a very realistic chance of finishing third.

Team & Pts........Diff & Rank......Round 20..............Round 21..........Round 22...............Round 23.................Round 24................Round 25.............Round 26.............Final Points & Rank
Bradford 34...........+620 (1).......Whitehaven (H)......N Wales (H).......Workington (H).........Keighley (H)...........W Wales (A).........Oldham (A)..........Hemel (H)..............48 (1)
York 34.................+544 (2).......N Wales (H)...........W Wales (A).....Hunslet (H)..............Workington (A).......Oldham (H)............Hemel (A)...........Whitehaven (H).......48 (2)
Workington 26 ......+276 (5).......Keighley (H)..........Coventry (H).......Bradford (A).............York (H).................Newcastle (A)........London (H)..........Dons (A)................34 (4)
Whitehaven 26......+195 (7).......Bradford (A)..........Oldham (A)..........Dons (H)..................Hemel (A)..............Hunslet (H)...........Coventry (A)........York ((A)................34 (5)
Oldham 24.............+443 (3)......Hemel (A).............Whitehaven (H)....Newcastle (A).........Coventry (H)...........York (A).................Bradford (H)........London (A).............34 (6)
Dons 24.................+281 (4)......Coventry (A)...........London (H).........Whitehaven (A)........Newcastle (H)........Keighley (A)...........N Wales (A).......Workington (H).......36 (3)
Hunslet 24..............+99 (8).......W Wales (A)..........Hemel (H)..........York (A)..................London (H).............Whitehaven (A).......Newcastle (H).....Coventry (A)..........34 (7)
Keighley 20...........+196 (6)......Workington (A).......Newcastle (H).....London (A)..............Bradford (A)............Dons (H)................W Wales (A).......N Wales (H)..........28 (8)

It’s going to remain incredibly close. Everything will almost certainly go down to the last matches of the season when we’re at home to Workington. Providing we only lose one of our other remaining games (possibly at Whitehaven) a win against Workington could mean we’d finish third, a loss to Workington would possibly mean we’d be relying on points difference to keep us in the top five. In fact, this game could be the decider in who finishes third and fourth, and consequently who has home advantage in the play-offs although Oldham's superior points difference may mean the loser will finish 5th, with a visit to either Bradford or York.

Of course, these projections rely on our rivals dropping points along the way. We very much need Bradford and York to keep winning to deprive our rivals of points. Thirty six points seems to be the ‘magic number’ for third place.

What is stopping teams reaching 36 points?

Oldham would have to beat Bradford (H) or York (A) to reach 36 points.
Whitehaven would need to beat either Bradford (A), York (A), or Oldham (A) to reach 36 points. From our point of view, an Oldham win in Round 21 seems preferable.
Workington would have to beat Bradford (A), York (H), or the Dons (A) to make 36 points.
Hunslet would need to beat either York (A) or Whitehaven (A) to make 36 points.
Keighley would need to win all their remaining games to get 36 points – including winning at Bradford and Workington.

Key games to help the Dons:

Round 20: We need Keighley to beat Workington and Bradford to beat Whitehaven. A defeat for Workington would mess them up quite a lot. Come on Keighley!
Round 21: Oldham to beat Whitehaven is a slightly better result for us.
Round 22: Bradford must beat Workington at home and York must beat Hunslet at home. A Dons win at Whitehaven would be huge!
Round 23: York need to win at Workington.
Round 24: York must beat Oldham at home. A Whitehaven win against Hunslet looks best as this will help stop Hunslet from getting 36 points.
Round 25: Bradford need to win at Oldham. We could do with Newcastle winning at Hunslet.
Round 26: York must beat Whitehaven at home or else Whitehaven could get 36 points. Our game against Workington is massive!

Apologies for the table above not being properly aligned. I prepared it as a Word document originally but you can't copy tables into the forum. We'll have another look at how things stand after next weekend's games.
Last edited by Double Movement on Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator8081
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 02 200222 years91st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 07:4213th Apr 24 19:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump

I've always had a soft spot for Donny, so I often pop on here from the Bulls board just to catch up on what you're doing. Can I just say that as a total nerd I love this thread.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3440
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 06 201113 years204th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 21:451st May 24 17:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Pumpetypump wrote:
I've always had a soft spot for Donny, so I often pop on here from the Bulls board just to catch up on what you're doing. Can I just say that as a total nerd I love this thread.

Thanks for visiting us Pumpetypump. I'm a total nerd too which is probably why I've spent all morning sorting out my last post. It's good fun speculating. It's turned out to be a fascinating season between some very evenly matched sides, with York and your boys being some way ahead of the rest. Good luck for the rest of the season. We need you to beat Whitehaven, Workington and Oldham and put a hole in their points difference please! :wink:
onedon 
RankPostsTeam
International Star1443
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 21 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Nov 20 20:0413th May 20 21:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Double Movement wrote:
Update Monday 30th July:

We all knew the importance of yesterday’s home game against Oldham but quite how significant that win was can really be seen when looking at the projected outcomes over the remaining seven games. My ‘best guesses’ as to who will win in the remaining fixtures shown below are listed in red. After beating Oldham, we now have a very realistic chance of finishing third.

Team & Pts........Diff & Rank......Round 20..............Round 21..........Round 22...............Round 23.................Round 24................Round 25.............Round 26.............Final Points & Rank
Bradford 34...........+620 (1).......Whitehaven (H)......N Wales (H).......Workington (H).........Keighley (H)...........W Wales (A).........Oldham (A)..........Hemel (H)..............48 (1)
York 34.................+544 (2).......N Wales (H)...........W Wales (A).....Hunslet (H)..............Workington (A).......Oldham (H)............Hemel (A)...........Whitehaven (H).......48 (2)
Workington 26 ......+276 (5).......Keighley (H)..........Coventry (H).......Bradford (A).............York (H).................Newcastle (A)........London (H)..........Dons (A)................34 (4)
Whitehaven 26......+195 (7).......Bradford (A)..........Oldham (A)..........Dons (H)..................Hemel (A)..............Hunslet (H)...........Coventry (A)........York ((A)................34 (5)
Oldham 24.............+443 (3)......Hemel (A).............Whitehaven (H)....Newcastle (A).........Coventry (H)...........York (A).................Bradford (H)........London (A).............34 (6)
Dons 24.................+281 (4)......Coventry (A)...........London (H).........Whitehaven (A)........Newcastle (H)........Keighley (A)...........N Wales (A).......Workington (H).......36 (3)
Hunslet 24..............+99 (8).......W Wales (A)..........Hemel (H)..........York (A)..................London (H).............Whitehaven (A).......Newcastle (H).....Coventry (A)..........34 (7)
Keighley 20...........+196 (6)......Workington (A).......Newcastle (H).....London (A)..............Bradford (A)............Dons (H)................W Wales (A).......N Wales (H)..........28 (8)

It’s going to remain incredibly close. Everything will almost certainly go down to the last matches of the season when we’re at home to Workington. Providing we only lose one of our other remaining games (possibly at Whitehaven) a win against Workington could mean we’d finish third, a loss to Workington would possibly mean we’d be relying on points difference to keep us in the top five. In fact, this game could be the decider in who finishes third and fourth, and consequently who has home advantage in the play-offs although Oldham's superior points difference may mean the loser will finish 5th, with a visit to either Bradford or York.

Of course, these projections rely on our rivals dropping points along the way. We very much need Bradford and York to keep winning to deprive our rivals of points. Thirty six points seems to be the ‘magic number’ for third place.

What is stopping teams reaching 26 points?

Oldham would have to beat Bradford (H) or York (A) to reach 36 points.
Whitehaven would need to beat either Bradford (A), York (A), or Oldham (A) to reach 36 points. From our point of view, an Oldham win in Round 21 seems preferable.
Workington would have to beat Bradford (A), York (H), or the Dons (A) to make 36 points.
Hunslet would need to beat either York (A) or Whitehaven (A) to make 36 points.
Keighley would need to win all their remaining games to get 36 points – including winning at Bradford and Workington.

Key games to help the Dons:

Round 20: We need Keighley to beat Workington and Bradford to beat Whitehaven. A defeat for Workington would mess them up quite a lot. Come on Keighley!
Round 21: Oldham to beat Whitehaven is a slightly better result for us.
Round 22: Bradford must beat Workington at home and York must beat Hunslet at home. A Dons win at Whitehaven would be huge!
Round 23: York need to win at Workington.
Round 24: York must beat Oldham at home. A Whitehaven win against Hunslet looks best as this will help stop Hunslet from getting 36 points.
Round 25: Bradford need to win at Oldham. We could do with Newcastle winning at Hunslet.
Round 26: York must beat Whitehaven at home or else Whitehaven could get 36 points. Our game against Workington is massive!

Apologies for the table above not being properly aligned. I prepared it as a Word document originally but you can't copy tables into the forum. We'll have another look at how things stand after next weekend's games.

Very well done DM

Agree with everything on there.

but i think we need to win all including Whitehaven away. i probably won't feel easy until we get to the last game having won all before and then winning that one.
but you never know whats going to happen as in 2012 when the top 2 went down to surprising defeats in the next to last games to
give us the chance to win the league.

But i think this league [Top 8] is a different proposition to 2012

all we can do now is keep backing them and hope we go a good run, as SO also says we are. I think we can aswell, as apart from the first 4 matches of the season
we've been up and down form wise. NOW is the perfect time to hit some form.

COYDs
PreviousNext