OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Oct 23 10:4311th Aug 21 11:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
http://flightsandfrustration.com/

It is "Fifita" not "Fafita"

If you don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" I might get annoyed.

Sharing First World problems so you can get it right first time.

Millionaires wanted. Apply here --- Wakefield Trinity

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:24 pm  
If we'd have lost I would have rued that break in the 2nd half by Horo (who had a fabulous game), instead of passing to Ashurst on his right hand side he tried to go it alone and didn't make it. For me that was a key moment which could have defined the match. I'm not sure if he was greedy or Ashurst didn't shout but a try under the sticks was a virtual certainty had he of passed inside.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1841
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 11 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Oct 23 10:4311th Aug 21 11:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
http://flightsandfrustration.com/

It is "Fifita" not "Fafita"

If you don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" I might get annoyed.

Sharing First World problems so you can get it right first time.

Millionaires wanted. Apply here --- Wakefield Trinity

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:44 pm  
Fordy wrote:
All Hewer's fault apparently - reffed Saints out of the game See Saints Forum

Nice to see someone else blaming the ref instead of us for a change. Does any team ever lose a match down to their own inadequacies???

Haha, my favourite quote from that thread is "No one is saying they're not allowed to make mistakes, but it's odd they continually make mistakes against/in favour of certain teams."

Little do they remember all the years at Belle Vue when Wilkin has persistently got away with head high shots (only to be pulled up this year), their offside try by Turner a few years ago on a night Sky match and the debacle of the Tim Roby reffed match when Ganson intervened at half time.

I honestly thought Hewer was fair, even if the "big" team did lose. Hewer didn't make them make all those head high tackles, drop the ball or swear at Kendal.
Fordy wrote:
All Hewer's fault apparently - reffed Saints out of the game See Saints Forum

Nice to see someone else blaming the ref instead of us for a change. Does any team ever lose a match down to their own inadequacies???

Haha, my favourite quote from that thread is "No one is saying they're not allowed to make mistakes, but it's odd they continually make mistakes against/in favour of certain teams."

Little do they remember all the years at Belle Vue when Wilkin has persistently got away with head high shots (only to be pulled up this year), their offside try by Turner a few years ago on a night Sky match and the debacle of the Tim Roby reffed match when Ganson intervened at half time.

I honestly thought Hewer was fair, even if the "big" team did lose. Hewer didn't make them make all those head high tackles, drop the ball or swear at Kendal.
RWB 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain246No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 01 20168 years296th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Nov 23 09:4824th Oct 23 14:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:58 pm  
wildshot wrote:
If we'd have lost I would have rued that break in the 2nd half by Horo (who had a fabulous game), instead of passing to Ashurst on his right hand side he tried to go it alone and didn't make it. For me that was a key moment which could have defined the match. I'm not sure if he was greedy or Ashurst didn't shout but a try under the sticks was a virtual certainty had he of passed inside.

At the time I thought Barba had committed to tracking Ashurst as he knew Horo was getting caught. Was hard to tell from the Northstand though so will have to take another look on Trinity TV.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 10 20168 years298th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Aug 22 13:3026th Aug 22 12:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:22 pm  
As mentioned at the start of the thread I had a funny feeling we would beat the Saints - Shame I didn't back my word..

I find it a little harsh on Finn. Agree a couple of his kicks weren't great but its difficult kicking from inside our own half under pressure from the Saints defence. He's never had the most powerful kick and he soon realised that rather than just hoofing the ball it was a better idea to try a lower height kick and find the floor. The Grix kick on the other hand was a frustrating one, especially after they scored on the hooter.

From an attacking kick perspective, I do agree we need to fix up. Our high kicks are never contested and there were plenty of times yesterday in the second half when a simple grubber to the in goal to force a repeat set was ignored and we ran on the last. Granted its not a bad place to turn the ball over but that's a key attribute the top teams usually have.

One play that sticks out in my mind was the BJB catch over his head after I thought he'd initially over ran the kick - Fantastic take.

Thought our forwards stood up well yesterday, all having great games but one thing I noticed Saints do well is run onto the ball. Something so simple but is often not executed, Pauli Pauli is a beast of a man but often catches the ball at a standstill.

Hopefully move onto Salford for another win. Although they are below us in the table it will be a big test. Reading the LE they are carrying a few injuries from the Hudds game. Closeout Lui and it should be another win under our belts.

Roll on Friday!!
RankPostsTeam
International Star4641
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 25 201014 years186th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Mar 24 08:2514th Mar 24 11:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:00 pm  
Tommy Duckfingers wrote:
Strange thing is though the mood on the forum. I wonder if a 50/50 call/bounce of the ball/individual peice of brilliance or error had changed the result we would still be as pleased with the performance

At 24-20 with a few minutes to go, we thought we'd read the script and were prepared for Saints to do the usual smash and grab and for it to finish 24-26. Had that have happened, I'd have been disappointed with the result but not the effort of the team. The likes of Ashurst, Lyne, Kirmond, Arona, England, Huby, Horo were absolutely exhausted at the end. They'd given everything to win that game.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2987
JoinedServiceReputation
May 31 200519 years270th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Feb 24 12:4131st Jan 24 22:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:14 pm  
Finn has never shown he's capable of putting high kicks up,nothing to do with the pressure from defenders.
But his kicks yesterday were woeful,i can only remember a couple that actually put Saints under any kind of pressure.He may as well have just passed the ball to Saints on the last for all the use his kicks were.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3629No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 15 200419 years274th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 23 16:2428th Mar 23 17:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:25 pm  
Cracking two points, thoroughly deserved! A great team effort with a couple of stand out performers!

Interesting that Saints have done a highlights video yet showed nothing that went their way? At the game I thought the Randell challenge and yellow card could have been a penalty try but definitely wasn’t as it was further out than I thought...don’t think there was any malice either just badly timed...Percival tried milking that penalty too, looked far less in it than I thought at the game...should have been a red card in fact for foul and abusive language towards an official...

The Miller one where he tackled the player without the ball was very marginal too and there was plenty of cover so again just a penalty correct...don’t know what Saints have to moan about? Saying that though we can moan about refs with the best of them!

Very deserved two points in my eyes, best team won no doubt about it!
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1401No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 02 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Apr 18 07:4928th Apr 18 14:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:46 pm  
A good win for you guys, it's hilarious Saints fans moaning about the referee, hope Wakefield can keep the form up now (just not against Hull FC!)
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach931
JoinedServiceReputation
May 19 200519 years244th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:5313th Mar 24 10:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
RANDOM & ANONYMOUS

N K

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:08 pm  
upthecats wrote:
Cracking two points, thoroughly deserved! A great team effort with a couple of stand out performers!

Interesting that Saints have done a highlights video yet showed nothing that went their way? At the game I thought the Randell challenge and yellow card could have been a penalty try but definitely wasn’t as it was further out than I thought...don’t think there was any malice either just badly timed...Percival tried milking that penalty too, looked far less in it than I thought at the game...should have been a red card in fact for foul and abusive language towards an official...

The Miller one where he tackled the player without the ball was very marginal too and there was plenty of cover so again just a penalty correct...don’t know what Saints have to moan about? Saying that though we can moan about refs with the best of them!

Very deserved two points in my eyes, best team won no doubt about it!

Seem to remember Percival milking an important pen last season, then making a miracle recovery when it was awarded.
I think he is argubly the best centre England have, but I have lost a little respect for him with his antics.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1089No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20 201212 years243rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 18:4923rd Feb 24 22:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints at home : Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:23 pm  
RWB wrote:
At the time I thought Barba had committed to tracking Ashurst as he knew Horo was getting caught. Was hard to tell from the Northstand though so will have to take another look on Trinity TV.

This was also my impression.
PreviousNext