7th Aug 18 19:077th Aug 18 19:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The older I get, the better I was

Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator."

cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan

Re: British Women fattest in europe : Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:25 am  
Stand-Offish wrote:
Seen many cookbooks Coddy? :wink:

Thousands, I've even bought the odd one myself - "Prawnography" being the latest
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Aug 18 19:235th Aug 18 15:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Someday everything is gonna be different, When I paint my masterpiece
------------------------------------------------------
The Jerry Chicken Blog Page
------------------------------------------------------
BUY MY ART ONLINE AT ARTGALLERY.CO.UK

AT THE RIPPINGHAM GALLERY
ART PROFILE
On Twitter
On Facebook

Re: British Women fattest in europe : Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:57 am  
Rock God X wrote:
Not really, since you went to great pains to stress the "some", then went on a little mini-rant about gullible people joining gyms, boy band members and jocks. The subtext was abundantly clear.

...and with you agreeing that many gyms and staff are far from being to the standard that you describe as your "friendly hotel gym"...

I take your point about the staff not being great in a lot of places, but, again, this tends to be more the case in the larger commercial gyms.

There are good gyms out there, there are some good gym staff out there (though many are crap, granted),

For far too many joining a gym is either a hope for a magic bullet with no thought about commitment or a trend that fails on the first cold wet morning or dark winters evening when an extra hour in bed or drinks at a bar in town with workmates seems like a better idea.

I've been a member in friendly hotel gyms (Post House and Seb Coe) and in one of your "commercial" gyms (Esporta), they were useful in their ways but no match for doing it for free in the fresh air with no goal but to stay fit.
RankPostsTeam
International Star48No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 12 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Dec 11 11:448th Dec 11 13:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: British Women fattest in europe : Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:08 am  
Mintball wrote:
But you didn't announce yourself on here having a go a me for being a 'self-declared nutritional expert'? Glass houses and stones, sunshine.

And now it seems that you're addressing the issues like a sort of exercise fundamentalist who thinks everyone should eat and exercise like some sort of sports pro. See San J's comments.

LMAO where does a balananced diet with good physical exercise, become a sports pro???? Which sport for a start..... You obviously consider yourself a font of knowledge on this so please digress.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10852No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 21 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Jan 18 12:371st Aug 16 17:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: British Women fattest in europe : Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:20 am  
McLaren_Field wrote:
...and with you agreeing that many gyms and staff are far from being to the standard that you describe as your "friendly hotel gym"...

Many are. But we're talking about gyms in general, not all gyms. And even those that don't hit that particular standard are useful to some. My gym is far from the best in terms of staff, and many of the members are half-witted meat heads. In its favour though, it's cheap, well equipped, clean and relatively local. That works for me.

For far too many joining a gym is either a hope for a magic bullet with no thought about commitment or a trend that fails on the first cold wet morning or dark winters evening when an extra hour in bed or drinks at a bar in town with workmates seems like a better idea.

That can be said of any exercise regime or fitness programme. There are many people who won't get off the bus two stops earlier or go for a bike ride when it's cold/raining/dark/windy, either.

I've been a member in friendly hotel gyms (Post House and Seb Coe) and in one of your "commercial" gyms (Esporta), they were useful in their ways but no match for doing it for free in the fresh air with no goal but to stay fit.

For you, and many others, perhaps. But there are just as many people for whom that method does not work, and for whom the gym is a better option. To suggest that one way is inherently better than the other is ridiculous and blinkered. I much prefer training in a gym, but I can easily respect those who prefer to stay fit in other ways. Horses for courses and all that.
RankPostsTeam
All Time Great47951No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 10 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Aug 17 19:0327th Jul 17 17:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"You are working for Satan." Kirkstaller

"Dare to know!" Immanuel Kant

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" Elbert Hubbard

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

The Voluptuous Manifesto – thoughts on all sorts of stuff.

Re: British Women fattest in europe : Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:28 pm  
liedetector wrote:
LMAO where does a balananced diet with good physical exercise, become a sports pro???? Which sport for a start..... You obviously consider yourself a font of knowledge on this so please digress.

Intense-workout.com is not a site aimed at ordinary people. It's a site aimed at fitness/sports buffs.

And when are you going to actually respond to the points I raised to you earlier? You seem to be ducking them at present.

And no, I don't consider myself a "font of all knowledge" and have never claimed that. That doesn't mean that I do not have knowledge and experience, and have not bothered to invest some time in studying some of the issues we're discussing here.
Cronus 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Dec 20 18:2622nd Jun 20 21:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: British Women fattest in europe : Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:11 pm  
McLaren_Field wrote:

One of the biggest issues for many people joining a gym is education. I've seen many overweight people come into the gym, walk on the treadmill for 10 minutes, move some weight machines around (with minimum resistance), and then leave. They look nervous and lost. They barely break sweat and the heart rate certainly doesn't increase by any degree.

I've buckets of respect for someone entering a gym for the first time - it can be an intimidating place, but being there is pointless unless the person is educated on how to reach their goals. Weight loss? Aerobic fitness? Muscle building? If they're not getting anywhere after a few weeks they lose heart and stop going at all.
RankPostsTeam
International Star48No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 12 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: British Women fattest in europe : Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:39 pm  
Mintball wrote:
Intense-workout.com is not a site aimed at ordinary people. It's a site aimed at fitness/sports buffs.

And when are you going to actually respond to the points I raised to you earlier? You seem to be ducking them at present.

And no, I don't consider myself a "font of all knowledge" and have never claimed that. That doesn't mean that I do not have knowledge and experience, and have not bothered to invest some time in studying some of the issues we're discussing here.

The site i posted was a reply for SJ to look at, it was to give them an idea of body type and shape. And reasons why some can eat what they want and not put an ounce on, where as others need to work harder just to stay even. As they raised that particular point to me. Your points, cant say ive read any of any interest to me. A balanced diet with good physical exercise is good enough for the majority of people, anyone looking for something different and lifestyle changing do the Mark Sissons primal (diet) life style.
RankPostsTeam
All Time Great47951No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 10 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" Elbert Hubbard

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

Re: British Women fattest in europe : Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:14 pm  
liedetector wrote:
... Your points, cant say ive read any of any interest to me ...

Translation: you haven't got an answer.
RankPostsTeam
International Star48No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 12 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: British Women fattest in europe : Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:00 pm  
Mintball wrote:
Translation: you haven't got an answer.

If that makes you feel superior then jog on. Youll have to write them again as i really have no interest in what you have to say on this subject as you obviously try to over complicate a very basic principal, maybe you do this to try and look in the know on the subject, maybe you like to impress your peers on here, I dont know, but not me and not on this subject, It appears to me youve never done any real research on fitness diet and nutrition....
RankPostsTeam
All Time Great47951No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 10 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: British Women fattest in europe : Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:08 pm  
liedetector wrote:
If that makes you feel superior then jog on. Youll have to write them again as i really have no interest in what you have to say on this subject as you obviously try to over complicate a very basic principal, maybe you do this to try and look in the know on the subject, maybe you like to impress your peers on here, I dont know, but not me and not on this subject, It appears to me youve never done any real research on fitness diet and nutrition....

Your "phiz" should be looking seriously red with embarrassment given the way you're going on - especially for a newbie.

BTW: that was a clue to the proper meaning of a word that you don't actually understand.
PreviousNext