WWW.RLFANS.COM
https://retro.rlfans.com/

A ' Nice ' style attack in Britain , now Berlin
https://retro.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=597375
Page 1 of 5

Author:  GUBRATS [ Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:37 pm ]
Post subject:  A ' Nice ' style attack in Britain , now Berlin

An attack similar to the Nice truck attack in the UK would potentially be even more devastating given the British polices unarmed policy , could it lead to the UK finally arming all police officers ?

Looks like a similar attack in Berlin

Author:  billypop [ Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: A ' Nice ' style attack in Britain = armed police ?

GUBRATS wrote:An attack similar to the Nice truck attack in the UK would potentially be even more devastating given the British polices unarmed policy , could it lead to the UK finally arming all police officers ?


Yes, Of course it's been such a success in the USA and France we should immediately implement those measures. Then we can all sleep safely at night.

Author:  Charlie Sheen [ Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: A ' Nice ' style attack in Britain = armed police ?

everyone should just drive a truck

Author:  GUBRATS [ Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: A ' Nice ' style attack in Britain = armed police ?

billypop wrote:Yes, Of course it's been such a success in the USA and France we should immediately implement those measures. Then we can all sleep safely at night.


I'm not advocating it , I'm posting it as a question

Given that stopping any large vehicle with a determined driver at the wheel is virtually impossible other than shooting them ( in Nice it was a matter of seconds/a couple of minutes before the police were attempting just that ) it could conceivably be over 30 minutes before an armed response team could be on the scene in the UK

The potential for death and injury is huge

Very scary

Author:  GUBRATS [ Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: A ' Nice ' style attack in Britain = armed police ?

Charlie Sheen wrote:everyone should just drive a truck


Your point being what exactly ?

Author:  billypop [ Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: A ' Nice ' style attack in Britain = armed police ?

GUBRATS wrote:I'm not advocating it , I'm posting it as a question

Given that stopping any large vehicle with a determined driver at the wheel is virtually impossible other than shooting them ( in Nice it was a matter of seconds/a couple of minutes before the police were attempting just that ) it could conceivably be over 30 minutes before an armed response team could be on the scene in the UK

The potential for death and injury is huge

Very scary


I posted a response regarding what has happened elsewhere where your suggestion has already been applied. Personally, I do not think arming all the police is the solution, but I respect anyone who wishes to disagree. Even if they are wrong..... :D

Author:  guess who [ Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A ' Nice ' style attack in Britain = armed police ?

I live in Keighley. It is very, very rare to see police on the streets.
If someone was driving a hgv killing people in Keighley.
It would still take a long time for a reaction.

Author:  Leaguefan [ Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: A ' Nice ' style attack in Britain = armed police ?

I thought driving a truck like a maniac was standard procedure of british roads!

Author:  billypop [ Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: A ' Nice ' style attack in Britain = armed police ?

Leaguefan wrote:I thought driving a truck like a maniac was standard procedure of british roads!


This isn't funny

Hope this helps

Insensitive nice bloke,

Author:  Ferocious Aardvark [ Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: A ' Nice ' style attack in Britain = armed police ?

One madman has caused carnage with one truck. Had a squadron of armed police been stationed on every street in the West, unless they were armed with bazookas, how could they have prevented it? Even then, you can't blow up an approaching truck on suspicion, can you, until he ran people down, there was no way to think that was his intention.

The sad fact is that such attacks simply can't be defended against. There are billions of vehicles on the roads, and any one can be used to kill at any moment. It is necessary to rely on the fact that lunatics ready to commit such outrages are pretty rare in the West, because there is literally no way to prevent them. Nor is there any shortage of novel ways to cause carnage, if you have a mind to. Sadly, in the world, there's no shortage of such people. We have so far been relatively insulated from terror, but elsewhere, mass killings are a daily occurrence and as the ratio of nutters increases, so will violence generally and mass killings in particular.

You can offer some protection to your population if you have extensive intelligence networks and surveillance, and to some extent we do, which is sometimes able to prevent plans being carried out, but the problem with that is it doesnt sit well with privacy or civil liberties and freedoms, and there's the difficulty. Nobody wants to live in a police state.

And of course the other side of the propaganda coin of ISIS claiming the Nice job as theirs, when it seems most unlikely, is the inevitable conspiracists who predictably and with relish trot out their favourite phrase, "false flag" claiming that ANY terrorist killing was in reality done by the government, to smooth passing ever more surveillance etc laws by softening up public resistance to the idea. They were at it within minutes of the Nice news.

Page 1 of 5 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/