FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Brexit Anyone? (part 4)
::Off-topic discussion.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years62nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 23 22:1119th Feb 23 21:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

Re: Brexit Anyone? (part 4) : Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:09 pm  
tigertot wrote:
You are probably correct in this instance.
That is so offensive to the millions of us who work damn hard to serve the public. I have seen far more dedication, for less reward, in the public sector than I did in the half of my career in the private sector. Workers in the private sector care about nothing but exploiting society & the environment for money.

British Rail, like the NHS was a phenomenally efficient and creative organisation. Whilst it could never cover up for the chronic failure to fund it properly it delivered just as good reliability with much older stock on a fraction of the public subsidy being spent today.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 27 200222 years288th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Jun 23 20:4411th Jun 23 20:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

Re: Brexit Anyone? (part 4) : Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:26 pm  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
British Rail, like the NHS was a phenomenally efficient and creative organisation. Whilst it could never cover up for the chronic failure to fund it properly it delivered just as good reliability with much older stock on a fraction of the public subsidy being spent today.

Sadly because of the lack of investment in the past we are playing catch up and of course when that happens you need to increase spending to make up the shortfall. More people use the trains than ever before - more routes more trains more investment in infrastructure the world has moved on.

NHS has never been as creative as it is now - people are living longer in part due to advances in clinical option in the NHS - to compare how it is now to even 10 years ago is bonkers
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3828
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 200518 years280th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Feb 24 10:0629th Sep 23 13:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
In the seaside town ...that they forgot to bomb
Signature
Heath, Wilson, Callaghan, Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May & BORIS (W.T.F.)

It's Johnson!

Re: Brexit Anyone? (part 4) : Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:23 pm  
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17113No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years248th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 12:3026th Mar 24 17:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22
"It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21

A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.

Re: Brexit Anyone? (part 4) : Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:28 am  
Sal Paradise wrote:
You will always get wasters in any sector - look at XR most either work in the public sector or have retired from the public sector or are in FT education run by the public.

More pathetic ignorant stereotyping. The fact that those who work in the public sector tend to care more about society, communities & the world at large means that they tend towards peaceful protest when they see those values being destroyed. I work in full time HE & take holidays from work each time I go on such protests, as does my partner, as do all public sector workers I know. The only ones I know who were given time off work for XR or climate protests were private sector companies or charities. So what if retired people participate. The social support in this country would disintegrate even further without those people. Your use of the term wasters again shows your nasty ignorant attitude to those who serve the public. You are an misinformed ignoramus who really should start to question what you read in the Opinion piece of the Daily Mail after so many recent embarrassments on your part.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 27 200222 years288th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Jun 23 20:4411th Jun 23 20:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

Re: Brexit Anyone? (part 4) : Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:14 pm  
tigertot wrote:
More pathetic ignorant stereotyping. The fact that those who work in the public sector tend to care more about society, communities & the world at large means that they tend towards peaceful protest when they see those values being destroyed. I work in full time HE & take holidays from work each time I go on such protests, as does my partner, as do all public sector workers I know. The only ones I know who were given time off work for XR or climate protests were private sector companies or charities. So what if retired people participate. The social support in this country would disintegrate even further without those people. Your use of the term wasters again shows your nasty ignorant attitude to those who serve the public. You are an misinformed ignoramus who really should start to question what you read in the Opinion piece of the Daily Mail after so many recent embarrassments on your part.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it - I obviously don’t agree - I doubt very much that many pvt companies would give additional free time to some employees to attend these types of rally’s unless of course they are the designated union rep. I would suggest you are way off the mark with that comment.

I take it you work in the public sector because of a sense of public duty - really, you must think we are all as stupid as you.

The reporting across the media spectrum on the XR protests was very negative- XR is about social re-order far more than anything to do with the climate- the climate is a convenient cause to piggy back.

The fact you cant see that says much about your myopic intransigence- the planet has been here for billions of years it isn’t going to stop functioning in the 50 million years let alone the next 15 as XR and Queen Greta would have you believe- more fool you for being taken in.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17871
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years46th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 16:1128th Mar 24 10:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brexit Anyone? (part 4) : Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:22 pm  
Sal Paradise wrote:
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it - I obviously don’t agree - I doubt very much that many pvt companies would give additional free time to some employees to attend these types of rally’s unless of course they are the designated union rep. I would suggest you are way off the mark with that comment.

I take it you work in the public sector because of a sense of public duty - really, you must think we are all as stupid as you.

The reporting across the media spectrum on the XR protests was very negative- XR is about social re-order far more than anything to do with the climate- the climate is a convenient cause to piggy back.

The fact you cant see that says much about your myopic intransigence- the planet has been here for billions of years it isn’t going to stop functioning in the 50 million years let alone the next 15 as XR and Queen Greta would have you believe- more fool you for being taken in.

Ok Donald, keep pumping the gas. :CRAZY:

The planet will of course remain but, will humans still be able to survive on it, especially in the growing numbers that are burning it's finite resources
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3828
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 200518 years280th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Heath, Wilson, Callaghan, Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May & BORIS (W.T.F.)

It's Johnson!

Re: Brexit Anyone? (part 4) : Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:43 pm  
Cronus wrote:
Exactly what I said would happen: the UK-EU reach an agreement. The EU agrees to reject any further extension. We are therefore leaving on 31st Oct and MPs are now voting for the new deal or no-deal.

As for the Benn act, if Parliament rejects the new deal on Saturday, Boris has to write to the EU and request an extension. Juncker has stated there will be no extension. In that case I imagine the new deal would then be put to Parliament again before 31st Oct.

I see Corbyn has already rejected the deal and urged Labour MPs to do likewise. Does he actually understand what will happen if it doesn't go through?

*waits for the usual person to tell me it's not up to Labour to get it through :roll:

My word, a week is a long time in politics!

What’s you next prediction oh omnipotent one?

Cronus wrote:
I can tell you the anger towards MPs such as Nandy and Platt around Wigan/Leigh is palpable.

Are they both forgiven now?

Maybe if Cummings puppet hadn’t messed about with the prorogation he could have had May’s deal done & dusted by the witching hour.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3828
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 200518 years280th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

It's Johnson!

Re: Brexit Anyone? (part 4) : Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:25 pm  
So Bully-Boy-Boris is pushing for a G.E. in December, knowing he'll be dead in his ditch by then.

Now, that's commitment to the cause.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17871
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years46th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 16:1128th Mar 24 10:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brexit Anyone? (part 4) : Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:29 pm  
The Devil's Advocate wrote:
So Bully-Boy-Boris is pushing for a G.E. in December, knowing he'll be dead in his ditch by then.

Now, that's commitment to the cause.

He is starting to behave more and more like a spoilt brat that cant get his way, making inane threats in the hope that people will yield to his demands.
Lets not forget that it wasn't so long ago that Boris was one of those he despises most, a remainer.
Sadly, he hasn't realised just how impotent he has now become - poor lad (metaphorically of course)

His crown is certainly starting to slip and that can only be a good thing.
Cronus 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Dec 20 18:2622nd Jun 20 21:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brexit Anyone? (part 4) : Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:04 pm  
The Devil's Advocate wrote:
My word, a week is a long time in politics!

What’s you next prediction oh omnipotent one?

Are they both forgiven now?

Maybe if Cummings puppet hadn’t messed about with the prorogation he could have had May’s deal done & dusted by the witching hour.

:lol: :SLEEPY:

Don't forget, it still could happen. The EU hasn't agreed to an extension yet, and even if they do they could give us a tighter deadline. If they reject it outright what do you think will happen?

I have the cojones to take a stab at a prediction. You...nah. But then substance ain't your strong point.

Are Nandy and Platt forgiven? Absolutely not by those who can see through them, in fact anger is rising. The problem is you could stick a red rosette on a rancid dog turd in some local towns and folk would still vote Labour "because me dad did, n' 'is dad, n' all me family n' they'd be turnin' in their graves if a didun". Thankfully that is changing, albeit far too slowly.

My next prediction? The duplicitous opposition benches will continue to frustrate any attempt to make progress in the name of reversing Brexit...and then cry into their frappuccinos when they experience just a hint of the anger people are feeling.

We need an absolute deadline like the 31st Oct to get this settled. Hopefully the EU will agree. Unlikely, but there's always hope.
PreviousNext