Dec 22 200122 years248th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 12:3026th Mar 24 17:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22
"It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21

A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.

Re: Next Tory Leader / Prime Minister : Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am  
wotsupcas wrote:
Fwiw I am no happier him becoming PM than you are. What I can't stand is the automatic knee jerk reaction on here that he is a "wife beater" or some sort of white supremesist. You really do need some help with that class envy of yours though

I'm not sure he is a white supremisist (sic) but he is the ultimate narcissist, a spoil brat who sees himself above everyone else, no matter what colour, & will say or do anything to get what he thinks is his god-given right, despite not being that talented. As Chris Patten said “He’s lied his way through life, he’s lied his way through politics, he’s a huckster with a degree of charm to which I am immune. As well as being mendacious he’s incompetent.”
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2921
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 12 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Sep 19 21:4014th Sep 19 21:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:

Re: Next Tory Leader / Prime Minister : Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:56 pm  
wotsupcas wrote:
Fwiw I am no happier him becoming PM than you are. What I can't stand is the automatic knee jerk reaction on here that he is a "wife beater" or some sort of white supremesist. You really do need some help with that class envy of yours though

1. He is on record for sayig Black People have a lower IQ. He has apologised for it.....but the mere saying of it betrays/displays his prejudices....He is both a racist and a supremacist for saying it.
2. Wife Beater or not, to raise your voice to a women when you are isolated (ie....she has nowhere to go and you are therefore inflicting your will on her) is a form of abuse
3. I was educated at Public School, boarded for 6 years and have no issue with any class, be it working or upper. What I do take umbrage to is self entitled tw@ like Boris and his mates who've ever done a days work in their lives, but who the ignorant right wing have attached themselves to in a grasp for power.

Trump cannot shake them off......he tries really hard to move to the centre, but he is constantly reminded that his racist right wing rhetoric is what got him elected in the first place....it will be exactly the same with BoJo......he will appease the right to stop Farage destroying the tory party....... In my Opinion...he is both a bully and a racist......if he didn't actually "hit" his partner, he did verbally abuse her and that alone should prevent him from being the leader of a scout troupe, let alone the country
RankPostsTeam
International Star906No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 02 201410 years188th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 06:3012th Mar 24 18:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Next Tory Leader / Prime Minister : Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:40 pm  
Call Me God wrote:
1. He is on record for sayig Black People have a lower IQ. He has apologised for it.....but the mere saying of it betrays/displays his prejudices....He is both a racist and a supremacist for saying it.
2. Wife Beater or not, to raise your voice to a women when you are isolated (ie....she has nowhere to go and you are therefore inflicting your will on her) is a form of abuse
3. I was educated at Public School, boarded for 6 years and have no issue with any class, be it working or upper. What I do take umbrage to is self entitled tw@ like Boris and his mates who've ever done a days work in their lives, but who the ignorant right wing have attached themselves to in a grasp for power.

Trump cannot shake them off......he tries really hard to move to the centre, but he is constantly reminded that his racist right wing rhetoric is what got him elected in the first place....it will be exactly the same with BoJo......he will appease the right to stop Farage destroying the tory party....... In my Opinion...he is both a bully and a racist......if he didn't actually "hit" his partner, he did verbally abuse her and that alone should prevent him from being the leader of a scout troupe, let alone the country

Point 1: there is plenty of scientific research that says that is a correct statement. In fact Asians have an average iq higher than blacks and white. Nothing wrong in stating either a of those facts. Doesn't make white people superior
Point 2: please don't try and tell me you've never had a row with the missus when both of you have raised your voices. I know I have with mine and let me tell you she gives as good as she gets. Doesn't make either of us an abuser for God's sake it's just a bloody row
Point 3: your tone makes me think you believe anybody who is right of centre is ignorant. I could say the same of all Corbyn supporters. But neither statement would be factually correct. There is intelligence and ignorance on both sides of the political divide
cadoo 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13929
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 23 200617 years266th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 22:1820th Mar 24 16:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Rugby Union: When entertainment just isn't your thing.

Re: Next Tory Leader / Prime Minister : Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:41 pm  
Mild Rover wrote:
The Conservatives’ mandate is very weak and the new leader taking it on second hand is not going to be in a strong position. His party won’t allow a deal, Parliament won’t allow no deal, a general election would be massively unpredictable with the Brexit Party and committed Remain parties taking votes from the Conservatives and Labour, and a second referendum would likely be close enough to not solve the problem. Stalemate.

Clumsy, ugly and potentially disasterous as it will be, maybe it needs someone like Johnson to bring it to a head, and see how it falls out. Or maybe he’ll just tie himself and us in even more Gordian knots.

We really have made a right pig’s ear of this.

There is a sort of poetic justice in all this that BoJo is tasked now with reaping what ye sow.

A deal could pass through parliament BTW. Caroline Flint on the Marr show Sunday said her and her 26 colleagues (who signed a letter to JC calling for support of their very strong leave constituencies) if a deal was presented that was an improvements on TM's they would give BoJo the votes to pass it through. That would be enough by my reckoning to rule over the rebel Tory MPs.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2921
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 12 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:

Re: Next Tory Leader / Prime Minister : Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:48 pm  
wotsupcas wrote:
Point 1: there is plenty of scientific research that says that is a correct statement. In fact Asians have an average iq higher than blacks and white. Nothing wrong in stating either a of those facts. Doesn't make white people superior

in his 2002 column in the Spectator, Boris penned an article titled: “Africa is a mess, but we can’t blame colonialism”.
In the piece, Boris described the continent as a “blot” and suggested that it would be better off if it was colonised again, writing: “The problem is not that we were once in charge, but that we are not in charge any more…the best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty.”
Also in 2002, in a column in the Telegraph, BoJo described black people as “piccaninnies” with “watermelon smiles”.
He's a fu(1(ing racist.....don't you or him hide behind science.....
wotsupcas wrote:
Point 2: please don't try and tell me you've never had a row with the missus when both of you have raised your voices. I know I have with mine and let me tell you she gives as good as she gets. Doesn't make either of us an abuser for God's sake it's just a bloody row

This wasn't "a row"....her shouting "get off me" means there was contact......that's a no no.....especially for a future Prime Minister
wotsupcas wrote:
Point 3: your tone makes me think you believe anybody who is right of centre is ignorant. I could say the same of all Corbyn supporters. But neither statement would be factually correct. There is intelligence and ignorance on both sides of the political divide

My Tone? I believe that everyone has the right to believe what they want, so long as they do not inflict their beliefs on everyone else. Boris straight out lied.........he's been called put on many occasions and always ducks the issue.....he is a privileged fop and I can't believe that the 160,000 mail readers will vote in his favour......BUT THEY WILL :CRAZY: Because the alternative is a General Election and the demise of the Tories.....

As we are discussing "tone".... yours points to you being a right leaning person. I do not call you out as such to demean you, as your opinion is your right, but to defend a man who claimed Blacks have lower IQ's and who says they have "watermelon smiles" is an overstep......he is a racist......please at least accept that fact before identifying (incorrectly) my dislike of a class I was born into or my attitude towards the right wing......
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2921
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 12 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Next Tory Leader / Prime Minister : Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:51 pm  
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12568
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years122nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 14:3725th Mar 24 07:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Re: Next Tory Leader / Prime Minister : Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:57 pm  
cadoo wrote:
There is a sort of poetic justice in all this that BoJo is tasked now with reaping what ye sow.

A deal could pass through parliament BTW. Caroline Flint on the Marr show Sunday said her and her 26 colleagues (who signed a letter to JC calling for support of their very strong leave constituencies) if a deal was presented that was an improvements on TM's they would give BoJo the votes to pass it through. That would be enough by my reckoning to rule over the rebel Tory MPs.

Aye, watching him fail would be quite amusing if it wasn’t us he was failing.

I think an improved deal might mean different things to different MPs. Would he be willing to drop any of May’s red lines? Even if he was, there’s very little time for a significant revision before he’s promised to hit the metaphorical button.

If he’s not, then what? He’s going to do it on force of personality and chutzpah?
Believe in Britain, believe in Boris! :lol:
bren2k 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 24 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 20 12:495th May 20 08:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Next Tory Leader / Prime Minister : Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:45 am  
Mild Rover wrote:
Believe in Britain, believe in Boris! :lol:

I don't like to give creepy little weirdo Rory Stewart any credit for anything, other than perhaps his spectacular inability to tie a tie - but his "Believe in the bin" analogy was frighteningly accurate; Boris Johnson's suggestion that optimism and belief will win the day, is the same level of fantasy politics as Geoffrey Boycott and his ilk, who never fought in a war, saying that "we" won the war, so we'll survive Brexit.

Bring on a Johnson premiership, quickly followed by a GE; he's a gift to Labour.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17113No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years248th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 12:3026th Mar 24 17:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22
"It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21

A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.

Re: Next Tory Leader / Prime Minister : Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:30 am  
Very complimentary article about our next PM from that well known pinko Max Hastings; https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ty-britain
Very complimentary article about our next PM from that well known pinko Max Hastings; https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ty-britain
RankPostsTeam
International Star605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 24 201013 years261st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jul 23 15:4823rd Jul 23 18:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Next Tory Leader / Prime Minister : Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:51 pm