Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin The Right Wing & Rugby league



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:41 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15337
Location: Ossett
POSTL wrote:I'm not sure why you say that immigration WILL increase from outside the EU as a result, the only possible reasons this would happen surely is because, people from the EU would not want to come here, then so be it, or if people from outside the EU would be better suited to what is on offer then again I say so be it.


It has been already - and it will do so even more post-Brexit, because those countries that some charlatans have claimed will give us the easiest trade deals in history, will want one very important thing in return - visas.

There's an irony in that whilst Nigel successfully conflated non-EU migration with EU-migration as part of his racist campaign to get people to vote Leave - the very people who responded to that (racists) will see an influx of brown people post-Brexit; the very people they wanted rid of in the first place, but which Brexit was never going to achieve.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:20 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:11 pm
Posts: 438
Location: Warrington
bren2k wrote:It has been already - and it will do so even more post-Brexit, because those countries that some charlatans have claimed will give us the easiest trade deals in history, will want one very important thing in return - visas.

There's an irony in that whilst Nigel successfully conflated non-EU migration with EU-migration as part of his racist campaign to get people to vote Leave - the very people who responded to that (racists) will see an influx of brown people post-Brexit; the very people they wanted rid of in the first place, but which Brexit was never going to achieve.


I can't in all honestly disagree with what you say especially with the people likely to be negotiating these trade deals, however, with regards to this, what is to say we won't give priority to EU citizens in part of some sort of trade deal negotiations, however, this would not stop what you refer to which I believe has happened in the past. but lets hope not.

I assume your second point is referring to the poster which was put out by Farage showing the long line of what looked like poor refugees and unlike EU citizens would stand little or no chance of getting into this country. Absolutely agree, disgraceful.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:25 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 4722
Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:They are George Orwell books, he was a democratic socialist but opposed totalitarianism. The NHS is an example of socialism in action, do you oppose that?


No, not at all but it does get taken advantage of. I see it first hand with Pakistanis coming over settling for renal dialysis, Americans with diabetes, Africans with TB, Columbians having babies etc. We shouldn’t be the worlds hospital.






Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - 1 - Jack Walker 2 - Nick Cotric 3 - TBC 4 - Oliver Gildart 5 - Joe Burgess 6 - George Williams 7 - Adam Reynolds 8 - Jordan McLean 9 - Jayden Brailey 10 - Jarrod Wallace 11 - Jack Williams 12 - Mike McMeekin 13 - Cameron Murray 14 - Christian Welch 15 - Danny Walker

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:08 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:25 pm
Posts: 325
post wrote:No, not at all but it does get taken advantage of. I see it first hand with Pakistanis coming over settling for renal dialysis, Americans with diabetes, Africans with TB, Columbians having babies etc. We shouldn’t be the worlds hospital.

Totally agree. No NI contributions no treatment.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:12 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:29 pm
Posts: 1349
Location: Kingston upon Hull(FC)
post wrote:No, not at all but it does get taken advantage of. I see it first hand with Pakistanis coming over settling for renal dialysis, Americans with diabetes, Africans with TB, Columbians having babies etc. We shouldn’t be the worlds hospital.



May I ask how you see this first hand?






Whoever stands by a just cause and fights for the freedom and liberation of his land from the invaders, the settlers and the colonialists, cannot possibly be called terrorist."

— Yasser Arafat

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:20 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 29728
Location: The Corridor of Uncertainty
It's a drop in the ocean and administering getting the money back costs almost as much. It'll be even more admin after no deal and we have to charge EU citizens. Just what we need in the NHS - more admin!






"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:23 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 3615
post wrote:No, not at all but it does get taken advantage of. I see it first hand with Pakistanis coming over settling for renal dialysis, Americans with diabetes, Africans with TB, Columbians having babies etc. We shouldn’t be the worlds hospital.

This really isn’t an issue and very rare, thought to cost £110M from the £134,000M budget or 0.08% of the nhs budget.

Also remember when we are abroad in the EU we can get medical treatment to the same level as that countries nationals. 785,000 British people living in Spain, the majority of who are pensioners get healthcare in Spain for free and at no cost to the nhs or British taxpayer.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:46 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:29 pm
Posts: 1349
Location: Kingston upon Hull(FC)
Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:This really isn’t an issue and very rare, thought to cost £110M from the £134,000M budget or 0.08% of the nhs budget.

Also remember when we are abroad in the EU we can get medical treatment to the same level as that countries nationals. 785,000 British people living in Spain, the majority of who are pensioners get healthcare in Spain for free and at no cost to the nhs or British taxpayer.


Actually,"deliberate health tourism" is thought be be around 120m to 280m. This includes British expats who return to the UK to see doctors. Even so, it is tiny in the big scheme of things.

But as we all know its just another exaggeration used to rile up the base.






Whoever stands by a just cause and fights for the freedom and liberation of his land from the invaders, the settlers and the colonialists, cannot possibly be called terrorist."

— Yasser Arafat

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:13 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:25 pm
Posts: 325
JACK DETH wrote:Actually,"deliberate health tourism" is thought be be around 120m to 280m. This includes British expats who return to the UK to see doctors. Even so, it is tiny in the big scheme of things.

But as we all know its just another exaggeration used to rile up the base.

You're correct it is a tiny percentage. However to me it's more the principle of it. I don't go to work and pay my taxes and NI for any Tom dick and Harry to use it. Emergencies aside of course. If I have to use a doctor on holiday in Greece I have to pay the guy before he'll even see me . I then have to claim it back on my insurance, why don't we adopt the same policy

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:31 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 3615
wotsupcas wrote:If I have to use a doctor on holiday in Greece I have to pay the guy before he'll even see me . I then have to claim it back on my insurance, why don't we adopt the same policy

You don’t, unless you are going to a private healthcare facility, which you would also have to pay for in the UK.
As an EU citizen you can get free medical treatment in Greece with a free EHIC card.

Your EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) gets you free treatment with any healthcare provider with a contract with the Greek National Organisation for Healthcare Services Provision (EOPYY).

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next





It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:34 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Devil's Advocate and 57 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:34 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,996,3801,83077,9514,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 1st Feb 19:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
YORK
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





11

.