Mar 24 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 20 12:495th May 20 08:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Gender,etc : Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:03 pm  
Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
They are still taught English, Maths and PE.
The headteacher’s sexuality has nothing to do with it. Teaching about families and relationships is part of the national curriculum. What they are taught in primary school is incredibly basic, for example two male penguins live together in a family. If that causes you to protest outside a primary school, write an article claiming it is child abuse, or even object in anyway you really do have something wrong with you. Some people are gay, that is the fact that is been taught and it can’t be objected to.

Agreed - and the moral outrage that has been manufactured and perpetuated is almost exclusively devoid of facts.

The interesting aspect is that it's forced white people who suddenly identify as Christians, because it suits them when they want to bash gays, to stand in solidarity with Muslims - a position which I expect is not where they usually find themselves.

The lesson here is not that children shouldn't be taught about sex in relationships in all their forms - but that religion should be kept well and truly out of a child's life until it is old enough to realise for itself that it's all made up claptrap from medieval times, when we needed an explanation for things that have long since been explained. By science.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5192No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years266th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 21:4626th Mar 24 20:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Current thoughts - Mago out or get running up them plantations, get fit or get rid.
Maybe a back up halfback, someone with a bit of experience on a short term deal.
Big tall strong running second rower, like a McMeekin or Sironen type back rower.

Re: Gender,etc : Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:39 pm  
bren2k wrote:
Agreed - and the moral outrage that has been manufactured and perpetuated is almost exclusively devoid of facts.

The interesting aspect is that it's forced white people who suddenly identify as Christians, because it suits them when they want to bash gays, to stand in solidarity with Muslims - a position which I expect is not where they usually find themselves.

The lesson here is not that children shouldn't be taught about sex in relationships in all their forms - but that religion should be kept well and truly out of a child's life until it is old enough to realise for itself that it's all made up claptrap from medieval times, when we needed an explanation for things that have long since been explained. By science.

You may scoff at religion because you’re far too clever and enlightened to believe it but it’s helped a hell of a lot of people through hard times and it’s been the bedrock of our society for the last few hundred years, yes it’s also been the source of misery for a good number of people through war or abuse but the good far outweighs the bad.

I’ll leave it you to you to go and tell the little old lady having their last rights read that it’s all made up and she’s lived a clean life for no reason.

On the subject of what gets taught to children should be up to their parents or primary care provider, if the parents of a child don’t want their children to be used as a political pawn in the push for the LGBT cause then so be it, all you’ll have is a very confused bunch of kids who grow up to be very confused people.

The best place to teach or at least help people who are LGBT come out or whatever is collage and University, not in the primary school.
RankPostsTeam
International Star7181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 21 20149 years276th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Mar 24 19:1715th Oct 23 16:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.

Re: Gender,etc : Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:24 pm  
This seems to have drifted off topic.

bren2k wrote:

From your post on page 1 it seems you are of the opinion that men(?) in the catholic church are all rapists - so you don't have faith.

I don't trust parents,politicians or religious folk.I must be a misanthropist.However,those Scientists cannot tell me correctly,what the weather will be like at 2.30pm next Tuesday,despite all the modern equipment,not to mention their insecurity that they have to post messages on London buses;not cheap.

On the issue of parents,human rights,and cost to the NHS.How can children decide they want to change gender?

There Are More Up-To-Date Stories In 'Right Wing' Papers

The cost for this - and the female gender of an older age group and their 'vanity' jobs,has to bankrupting the NHS.

bren2k wrote:

From your post on page 1 it seems you are of the opinion that men(?) in the catholic church are all rapists - so you don't have faith.

I don't trust parents,politicians or religious folk.I must be a misanthropist.However,those Scientists cannot tell me correctly,what the weather will be like at 2.30pm next Tuesday,despite all the modern equipment,not to mention their insecurity that they have to post messages on London buses;not cheap.

On the issue of parents,human rights,and cost to the NHS.How can children decide they want to change gender?

The cost for this - and the female gender of an older age group and their 'vanity' jobs,has to bankrupting the NHS.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 01 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Nov 19 18:4517th Nov 19 18:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Gender,etc : Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:37 am  
Dally wrote:

Tells you everything you need to know about why religion was invented and became so big. All religion is, or was, is/was the elites from society scaring the population in order to control them. It’s never been about these made up fantasy stories, never been about these made up prophets and angels, and never been about this made up God; it’s always just been about controlling peoples’ lives.
Dally wrote:

Tells you everything you need to know about why religion was invented and became so big. All religion is, or was, is/was the elites from society scaring the population in order to control them. It’s never been about these made up fantasy stories, never been about these made up prophets and angels, and never been about this made up God; it’s always just been about controlling peoples’ lives.
bren2k 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 24 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Gender,etc : Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:11 am  
Ornery Optimist wrote:

That's not *at all* what I said.

Ornery Optimist wrote:

I don't understand any of that; sorry.
Ornery Optimist wrote:

That's not *at all* what I said.

Ornery Optimist wrote:

I don't understand any of that; sorry.
My Mate Ronnie 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years306th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Gender,etc : Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:07 pm  
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... st-parents

This month about 600 Muslim children, aged between four and 11, were withdrawn from the school for the day, parents said. Parkfield would not confirm the number.

In January, the Guardian reported that the assistant headteacher of the school was forced to defend the lessons after 400 predominantly Muslim parents signed a petition that called for them to be dropped from the curriculum.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/m ... l-15729135

A group of angry mums have launched a protest and petition against their school for introducing a curriculum supporting homosexuality.

But outraged mum Fatima Shah, who has taken her 10-year-old daughter out of the school, told BirminghamLive : "It's inappropriate, totally wrong.
"Children are being told it's OK to be gay yet 98 per cent of children at this school are Muslim. It's a Muslim community.

“ Mr Moffat is running what's called CHIPS - challenging homophobia in primary schools - and it's totally against Islamic beliefs.
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... st-parents

This month about 600 Muslim children, aged between four and 11, were withdrawn from the school for the day, parents said. Parkfield would not confirm the number.

In January, the Guardian reported that the assistant headteacher of the school was forced to defend the lessons after 400 predominantly Muslim parents signed a petition that called for them to be dropped from the curriculum.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/m ... l-15729135

A group of angry mums have launched a protest and petition against their school for introducing a curriculum supporting homosexuality.

But outraged mum Fatima Shah, who has taken her 10-year-old daughter out of the school, told BirminghamLive : "It's inappropriate, totally wrong.
"Children are being told it's OK to be gay yet 98 per cent of children at this school are Muslim. It's a Muslim community.

“ Mr Moffat is running what's called CHIPS - challenging homophobia in primary schools - and it's totally against Islamic beliefs.
Last edited by My Mate Ronnie on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3828
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 200518 years283rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Feb 24 10:0629th Sep 23 13:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
In the seaside town ...that they forgot to bomb
Signature
Heath, Wilson, Callaghan, Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May & BORIS (W.T.F.)

It's Johnson!

Re: Gender,etc : Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:03 pm  
post wrote:
You may scoff at religion because you’re far too clever and enlightened to believe it but it’s helped a hell of a lot of people through hard times and it’s been the bedrock of our society for the last few hundred years, yes it’s also been the source of misery for a good number of people through war or abuse but the good far outweighs the bad.

Are you saying that the endless millions of people slaughtered in the name of religion is outweighed by the solace some get from myths?

post wrote:
The best place to teach or at least help people who are LGBT come out or whatever is collage and University, not in the primary school.

Pray tell, what should these kids do in the intervening years prior to College?
bren2k 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 24 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Gender,etc : Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:47 am  
My Mate Ronnie wrote:
In January, the Guardian reported that the assistant headteacher of the school was forced to defend the lessons

And herein lies the problem; the Government have been pathetic on this matter, leaving this beleaguered head teacher to 'defend' lessons that he is legally obliged to deliver, with a mob of religious zealots baying for his blood at the school gates. The DofE should have stepped in straight away, and made it very clear that this school is delivering the national curriculum, like every other state school, and that having parents of a particular faith has no bearing on the matter. Gay people exist - trying to shield your children from it for religious reasons will have no impact on whether they become gay - but it will certainly have an impact on whether they are decent, tolerant and pleasant human beings; and if they do happen to be gay, it may just save them from a miserable and unfulfilled life - which seems to me to be the main objective of most religions.

Quite how, in the 21st Century, we give any credence to the ridiculous demands of the religion lobby, is beyond me; if you want to take some comfort from believing in stories supposedly dictated to an illiterate goatherder somewhere in the desert - fill your boots. But don't expect me, the state, or your fellow citizens to afford your outlandish beliefs any more value than any other strange delusion.

Our civilisation will be greatly improved when, in a future society (provided we make it before we turn the earth into a depleted, barren pebble) religion is perceived as an amusing and novel anachronism, used by the powerful to control the masses and in particular, to oppress women.
IR80 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 24 20195 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Sep 20 02:4026th Aug 20 00:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Gender,etc : Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:29 am  
scientology exists, as does pastafarianmism, likewise the Mormon religion, you can "identify" as Jedi on the census form, you can have sex (legally) at 16, but not watch other people doing it on film until 18. "Society" is a creation, fashioned by the few and enforced on the masses.

Evolution and Progress are often viewed rne same way, according to academics we evolved from hu ch backs staiing at the ground chasing a meal, and what has progress evolved us into, hunchbacks looking at a shiny screenseeking a Just Eat, and still believing fairy tales.
My Mate Ronnie 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years306th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Gender,etc : Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:03 pm  
Previous