Posted by wrencat1873 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:17 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1852
Rep Position: th / 78,108

Quiz Score: 0

IR80 wrote:
At least he has the balls to call a vote, not like Cretin Cringebin. Has he finished getting rid of Jewish individuals in his party?

Have you ever heard off "strategy".
Having sacked 21 of his own MP's for daring to have an opinion different to his own, Boris sacrificed his very slender majority in Parliament, meaning that he is now politically impotent.
He had to call an election.
However, behind his very public invitation to call an election, was a plan to prorogue Parliament again and force through a "no deal" Brexit, meaning that, should he lose the election (when it came) the UK would still crash out of The EU with "no deal"

So, no "balls" involved here, just more slightly underhand tactics form Boris 0/6 Johnson and he could well end his tenure in Parliament without actually being able to pass ANY legislation.

Looks like his judgement was wrong, AGAIN.
Re: Boris Johnson
Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:50 am
Posted by Mild Rover on Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:50 am
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 514

On an optimistic note, I do feel a sense of privilege at living through one of the great political farces of modern history. The cast of comedic characters is brilliant - bumbling, dissembling, desperately ambitious Johnson, supercilious Rees-Mogg, ineffectual Corbyn, Old Testament Arlene Foster, John Bercow’s voice - they have hammed it up tremendously.

We have, for the first time in history I assume, a Prime Minister who wants to lose a vote of confidence. But he can’t because the opposition parties can’t decide who should temporarily replace him just long enough to get a Brexit delay and call an election... because Corbyn’s base is big enough to block anybody else but anybody outside of it despairs of/despises him. And so they’re trying to make Johnson a puppet prime minister, despite having no confidence in his competence or integrity. That’s a strong and stable position to be conducting negotiations from, innit?

In a couple of weeks Johnson will likely have to send a letter to the EU requesting an extension. Presumably signing it while on the phone to the leader of a member state (i’m imagining Viktor Orbán), requesting they veto the delay.

I know it is a cliche, but you really couldn’t have made it.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:09 am
Posted by wrencat1873 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:09 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Mild Rover wrote:
On an optimistic note, I do feel a sense of privilege at living through one of the great political farces of modern history. The cast of comedic characters is brilliant - bumbling, dissembling, desperately ambitious Johnson, supercilious Rees-Mogg, ineffectual Corbyn, Old Testament Arlene Foster, John Bercow’s voice - they have hammed it up tremendously.

We have, for the first time in history I assume, a Prime Minister who wants to lose a vote of confidence. But he can’t because the opposition parties can’t decide who should temporarily replace him just long enough to get a Brexit delay and call an election... because Corbyn’s base is big enough to block anybody else but anybody outside of it despairs of/despises him. And so they’re trying to make Johnson a puppet prime minister, despite having no confidence in his competence or integrity. That’s a strong and stable position to be conducting negotiations from, innit?

In a couple of weeks Johnson will likely have to send a letter to the EU requesting an extension. Presumably signing it while on the phone to the leader of a member state (i’m imagining Viktor Orbán), requesting they veto the delay.

I know it is a cliche, but you really couldn’t have made it.

I just hope that spitting image makes it back before we get into the official GE campaign, they will have an absolute field day.
Right accross the political spectrum, the politicians all seem to have massive satire potential.
Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:36 pm
Posted by tigertot on Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:36 pm
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 702
Rep Position: 3rd / 78,108

Quiz Score: 308

IR80 wrote:
Yawn, more attempted insults.

You insult our intelligence just posting your infantile drivel.
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:40 pm
Posted by IR80 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:40 pm
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 584
Rep Position: 4th / 78,108

tigertot wrote:
You insult our intelligence just posting your infantile drivel.

Keep it coming, it brightens my day.
Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:48 pm
Posted by Trevork52 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:48 pm
Trevork52 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 40

HIGNFY makes a welcome return next week!
Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:17 pm
Posted by tigertot on Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:17 pm
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 702
Rep Position: 3rd / 78,108

Quiz Score: 308

Trevork52 wrote:
HIGNFY makes a welcome return next week!

More left wing BBC indoctrination. The sooner we get out of Europe and regain our Empire the better.
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:40 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:40 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

tigertot wrote:
More left wing BBC indoctrination. The sooner we get out of Europe and regain our Empire the better.

I wish that we could get rid of or at least have some balanced press.
The twist that is put on certain stories in the right wing press is just embarrassing.

Just look at how Johnson is being portrayed :CRAZY:
Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:16 pm
Posted by Sal Paradise on Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:16 pm
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 488
Rep Position: 7th / 78,108

John McDonald today said Labour will win the election with a big majority and they will change the world - and all you lefties think Boris is a joke!!
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:57 pm
Posted by Mild Rover on Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:57 pm
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 514

Sal Paradise wrote:
John McDonald today said Labour will win the election with a big majority and they will change the world - and all you lefties think Boris is a joke!!

I admit to a profound and increasing lack of confidence in Corbyn and McDonnell’s abilities to get poop done.

To be fair though, negative opinion of Boris Johnson is by no means limited to lefties either.

He has been described by a former chairman of the Conservative Party as a ‘mendacious chancer’, for example.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
PreviousNext