u RLFANS.COM - General Election campaign

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin General Election campaign



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:36 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17630
Location: On the road
sally cinnamon wrote:And yet Jeremy Corbyn was going to "crash the economy" through borrowing.... :THINK:


The UK is seen as a safe bet because it has a reasonably stable economy with a good balance between public and private ownership and borrowing levels that are credible - perhaps under Labour these factors would have been significantly negatively impacted which would have changed the outside world's view of lending to the UK :THINK:






Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:55 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 4051
Location: WF4
sally cinnamon wrote:And yet Jeremy Corbyn was going to "crash the economy" through borrowing.... :THINK:


From the Torygraph, 2 days ago...

Quote:Whisper it, but is this Government socialist?
In his Budget, the new Chancellor Rishi Sunak ripped up 10 years of restraint and started spending on a scale that might have made even Gordon Brown blush.






"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:05 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17630
Location: On the road
King Street Cat wrote:From the Torygraph, 2 days ago...



This is nothing that the Tories didn't say wouldn't happen. Maybe I missed it but was there an announcement of mass re-nationalisation of utilities, trains, mail, the broadband service, national bank, repealing of union legislation - socialism in action - the state/Len controls your life!!






Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:03 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 13747
Sal Paradise wrote:This is nothing that the Tories didn't say wouldn't happen. Maybe I missed it but was there an announcement of mass re-nationalisation of utilities, trains, mail, the broadband service, national bank, repealing of union legislation - socialism in action - the state/Len controls your life!!


No, you havent seen all of this yet but, it's spend, spend, spend on the never, never and they have taken back control of part of the rail network - thin end of the wedge eh ?
Looks like the Coronavirus will be the ultimate test and despite looking like they were in control, notably lining up to scapegoat the chief medical officer, their "open chequebook" to businesses and the wider public to cover any shortfall, is classic left wing comment and it isn't going to happen.

The government wont be the insurance policy for the nation but, so full of schmidt is Johnson, that he has made some promises that wont and cant be kept.
He's the most left wing Troy leader that we've had for a very long time and the cracks are now starting to appear.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:15 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 1709
wrencat1873 wrote:No, you havent seen all of this yet but, it's spend, spend, spend on the never, never and they have taken back control of part of the rail network - thin end of the wedge eh ?
Looks like the Coronavirus will be the ultimate test and despite looking like they were in control, notably lining up to scapegoat the chief medical officer, their "open chequebook" to businesses and the wider public to cover any shortfall, is classic left wing comment and it isn't going to happen.

The government wont be the insurance policy for the nation but, so full of schmidt is Johnson, that he has made some promises that wont and cant be kept.
He's the most left wing Troy leader that we've had for a very long time and the cracks are now starting to appear.

Cracks appearing in your wishful thinking mind.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:09 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:26 am
Posts: 15426
Sal Paradise wrote:The UK is seen as a safe bet because it has a reasonably stable economy with a good balance between public and private ownership and borrowing levels that are credible - perhaps under Labour these factors would have been significantly negatively impacted which would have changed the outside world's view of lending to the UK :THINK:


The Conservatives made this argument during the 2010 election campaign.
It was later while Osborne was in charge and doing austerity, that the UK's credit rating got downgraded.

Also if you want the UK to be seen as a safe bet with a stable economy, why would you even consider no-deal Brexit!






Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019
League Leaders 2011 2016

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:23 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:26 am
Posts: 15426
wrencat1873 wrote:No, you havent seen all of this yet but, it's spend, spend, spend on the never, never and they have taken back control of part of the rail network - thin end of the wedge eh ?


The OBR described it as the biggest Budget giveaway since 1992.

1992 was when Norman Lamont was Chancellor, that was the Tories pre-1992 election spending splurge.

Now you might have been led to believe that Labour were the big spenders, so its interesting to see that no Budget from Gordon Brown or Alastair Darling was as generous as either this one from Rishi Sunak or that Norman Lamont one.

The austerity argument was always that it was reckless for Labour to have 'bankrupt the country' by spending too much just before a recession hit. Rishi's spending decisions look odd when judged by the same standards.






Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019
League Leaders 2011 2016

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:24 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 1709
sally cinnamon wrote:The Conservatives made this argument during the 2010 election campaign.
It was later while Osborne was in charge and doing austerity, that the UK's credit rating got downgraded.

Also if you want the UK to be seen as a safe bet with a stable economy, why would you even consider no-deal Brexit!

Because we live in a democracy, and the electorate voted leave...?

you must be hoarse from still remoaning?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:00 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:45 pm
Posts: 997
Location: Desperation Island
IR80 wrote:Because we live in a democracy, and the electorate voted leave...?

you must be hoarse from still remoaning?
Your response was to a point about a no deal exit. The elecorate did not, and would never, vote for no deal Brexit. It's of interest only to the very rich, the super-stupid or the very xenophobic.






"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:21 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17630
Location: On the road
sally cinnamon wrote:The Conservatives made this argument during the 2010 election campaign.
It was later while Osborne was in charge and doing austerity, that the UK's credit rating got downgraded.

Also if you want the UK to be seen as a safe bet with a stable economy, why would you even consider no-deal Brexit!


It is a democracy people voted to leave - to say they didn't know a no-deal was a possibility is not true - this was all the MPs discussed for 3 years prior to the last GE and the Tories on the back of Brexit got a huge majority.

We were downgraded because of the government yielding to pressure to increase spending on health and social care - so the likes of Moodys prefer austerity!!






Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next





It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:13 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wotsupcas and 61 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:13 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,039,14085078,0754,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 4th Jun 10:50
NRL
BRISBANE
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Fri 5th Jun 09:00
NRL
PENRITH
v
NZ WARRIORS
Fri 5th Jun 10:55
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
SOUTHS
Sat 6th Jun 08:30
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
MANLY
Sat 6th Jun 10:35
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
CRONULLA
Sun 7th Jun 07:05
NRL
CANBERRA
v
NEWCASTLE
Sun 7th Jun 09:30
NRL
GOLD COAST
v
WESTS TIGERS
Mon 8th Jun 07:05
NRL
CANTERBURY
v
ST.GEORGE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






11

.