u RLFANS.COM - General Election campaign

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin General Election campaign



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:22 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17630
Location: On the road
The Ghost of '99 wrote:Your response was to a point about a no deal exit. The elecorate did not, and would never, vote for no deal Brexit. It's of interest only to the very rich, the super-stupid or the very xenophobic.


Are you seriously suggesting the UK electorate didn't realise there was the possibility of a No deal exit at the last GE? Even for you that is an idiotic comment






Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:53 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 13747
IR80 wrote:Cracks appearing in your wishful thinking mind.


You really haven't got a clue, have you.
The Corona virus could do us all and COULD certainly see governments fall if thy dont come up with the correct response.

The comments by Johnson on "nobody losing out", sounded great at the time but, were ill measured.
There is some serious, serious cack to happen around the world and while any government has to and will protect essential services, the offers of help to small and large business, wont go further than allowing a small delay in paying over tax receipts and possibly help with loans. However, this wont save any business in serious strife.
The 1000's of cafes, coffee shops, nail bars, which are the only functioning parts of the high street, will disappear like ice cubes in a teapot.
Travel companies are screwed and major manufacturing too, will be affected.

Unfortunately, you dont appear to have seem to have considered this before making yet another of your usual, ill thought out quip's :SUBMISSION:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:11 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15521
Location: Ossett
History will look back on the recent giveaway budget bonanza, with no meaningful provision for the impact of this crisis on business or workers, and wonder what the actual f**k BJ and his insane clown posse were thinking - or indeed if they were thinking at all.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:34 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 13747
bren2k wrote:History will look back on the recent giveaway budget bonanza, with no meaningful provision for the impact of this crisis on business or workers, and wonder what the actual f**k BJ and his insane clown posse were thinking - or indeed if they were thinking at all.


I wonder how many out of the 20,000 new police officers have been trained - we could need them when the rioting starts :IDEA:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:21 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17630
Location: On the road
bren2k wrote:History will look back on the recent giveaway budget bonanza, with no meaningful provision for the impact of this crisis on business or workers, and wonder what the actual f**k BJ and his insane clown posse were thinking - or indeed if they were thinking at all.


I thought they provided £30bn - or was I mistaken? If you listen to labour the government should increase SSP so nobody is financially impacted by being off sick - where is that money going to come from - McDonald when asked simply said well the government will have to find it!!






Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:56 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15521
Location: Ossett
Sal Paradise wrote:I thought they provided £30bn - or was I mistaken? If you listen to labour the government should increase SSP so nobody is financially impacted by being off sick - where is that money going to come from - McDonald when asked simply said well the government will have to find it!!


We have the lowest SSP in the EU27 - if you get 95 quid a week, and your rent is 200 quid a week - where do you go from there?

My original point was that we are in an unprecedented world crisis; in the middle of that, the Govt announced a 600 billion spending spree, and did nothing beyond a bit of tinkering to support the economic and social fallout of the virus. They will be judged harshly for that - given that they've demonstrated that they can very easily find money for other things.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:13 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:45 pm
Posts: 997
Location: Desperation Island
Sal Paradise wrote:I thought they provided £30bn - or was I mistaken? If you listen to labour the government should increase SSP so nobody is financially impacted by being off sick - where is that money going to come from - McDonald when asked simply said well the government will have to find it!!

As the government throws unfunded spending around like plates at a Greek wedding, Sal is somehow with (presumably) a straight face still demanding that other parties explain how they would pay for their priorities.
You couldn't make it up - does no-one else get to shake that fabled Tory magic money tree?






"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:29 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17630
Location: On the road
The Ghost of '99 wrote:As the government throws unfunded spending around like plates at a Greek wedding, Sal is somehow with (presumably) a straight face still demanding that other parties explain how they would pay for their priorities.
You couldn't make it up - does no-one else get to shake that fabled Tory magic money tree?


What are you talking about - the Tories said they would balance the books on operational spending and borrow for capital spending - which is what the budget suggested. If we are to follow the French model then we need to put upwards of £250bn into the economy just for the corona which seems like a good idea - not keen on the likes of Branson who every time he gets into difficulty he wants a hand out - time he stuck his hand in his pocket too.

Whilst the virus is not a great thing in the short term I do think it will re-define how we work - property assets might not be quite the asset they are cracked up to be?






Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:33 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17630
Location: On the road
bren2k wrote:We have the lowest SSP in the EU27 - if you get 95 quid a week, and your rent is 200 quid a week - where do you go from there?

My original point was that we are in an unprecedented world crisis; in the middle of that, the Govt announced a 600 billion spending spree, and did nothing beyond a bit of tinkering to support the economic and social fallout of the virus. They will be judged harshly for that - given that they've demonstrated that they can very easily find money for other things.


I am not disagreeing with you - if commerce/industry is to survive this then the government will have to input some monies - but it can't only be the government that does it - companies also have to do their bit - use some of their cash reserves to support the long term outlook of their business. BA have 9bn in cash - should the government be putting money into a business such as that. In the end like the banking crisis it will be ordinary people who pay through further austerity. That isn't equitable if companies simply come out of the other end with same cash piles?






Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Election campaign
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:09 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15521
Location: Ossett
Sal Paradise wrote:BA have 9bn in cash - should the government be putting money into a business such as that. In the end like the banking crisis it will be ordinary people who pay through further austerity. That isn't equitable if companies simply come out of the other end with same cash piles?


BA has already said it doesn't need a bail-out - unlike our friend Mr Branson, who is begging for £7.5bn, whilst forcing his staff to take 8 weeks unpaid leave.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next





It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:31 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wotsupcas and 54 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:31 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,039,13888978,0754,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 4th Jun 10:50
NRL
BRISBANE
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Fri 5th Jun 09:00
NRL
PENRITH
v
NZ WARRIORS
Fri 5th Jun 10:55
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
SOUTHS
Sat 6th Jun 08:30
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
MANLY
Sat 6th Jun 10:35
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
CRONULLA
Sun 7th Jun 07:05
NRL
CANBERRA
v
NEWCASTLE
Sun 7th Jun 09:30
NRL
GOLD COAST
v
WESTS TIGERS
Mon 8th Jun 07:05
NRL
CANTERBURY
v
ST.GEORGE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






11

.