FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The BBC editing political clips ?
::Off-topic discussion.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17868
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years45th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Mar 24 13:3918th Mar 24 11:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The BBC editing political clips ? : Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:45 pm  
Well, I've always suggested that the BBC are reasonably fair in their broadcasting, especially around the time of a general election.
However, following the QT special on Friday, the BBC decided to remove the laughter that accompanied a question to Boris "liar" Johnson during the QT programme.
Instead of the laughter from the audience, the question now just has applause and portrayed the moment in a completely different light to the "real thing".
It's bloody outrageous that this can happen in the UK. :SHOOT: :SHOOT: :SHOOT:
Cronus 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Dec 20 18:2622nd Jun 20 21:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:33 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Well, I've always suggested that the BBC are reasonably fair in their broadcasting, especially around the time of a general election.
However, following the QT special on Friday, the BBC decided to remove the laughter that accompanied a question to Boris "liar" Johnson during the QT programme.
Instead of the laughter from the audience, the question now just has applause and portrayed the moment in a completely different light to the "real thing".
It's bloody outrageous that this can happen in the UK. :SHOOT: :SHOOT: :SHOOT:

:lol:

Get a grip. It's a montage for the 1.00 news. Editing interviews and footage and getting to the pertinent moments happens with EVERY SINGLE NEWS BULLETIN you ever see. It saves precious airtime within strictly time-limited bulletins, in case you're struggling.

Anyway, any reasonably intelligent person can tell it's been edited by the sudden applause that appears when the shot cuts to Johnson. It's patently, clearly obvious. But I guess this is the left we're dealing with. :)

There was scorn and laughter directed at every leader. Where is your outrage none of that has been re-broadcast? Nope, didn't think so.

I wonder if anyone has done a survey on the recent impact of the whining snowflake left on the NHS...heart attacks and strokes must be going through the roof.

Pathetic.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17868
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years45th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:27 am  
Cronus wrote:
:lol:

Get a grip. It's a montage for the 1.00 news. Editing interviews and footage and getting to the pertinent moments happens with EVERY SINGLE NEWS BULLETIN you ever see. It saves precious airtime within strictly time-limited bulletins, in case you're struggling.

Anyway, any reasonably intelligent person can tell it's been edited by the sudden applause that appears when the shot cuts to Johnson. It's patently, clearly obvious. But I guess this is the left we're dealing with. :)

There was scorn and laughter directed at every leader. Where is your outrage none of that has been re-broadcast? Nope, didn't think so.

I wonder if anyone has done a survey on the recent impact of the whining snowflake left on the NHS...heart attacks and strokes must be going through the roof.

Pathetic.

So, the major of ridicule of Boris "lying" Johnson was changed from laughter to applause.

Editing is never a problem, after all, they were reporting on a 2 hour event and compressing it to 30 seconds.
However, the way in which this particular moment, the very one which the BBC chose to include, was changed, made it look like the masses were cheering our "beloved" leader, when, in fact, they were laughing at someone who cant open his mouth with out bending the truth to breaking point or, ignoring it all together - you will have seen the "more Tory lies" thread. :SUBMISSION:
Cronus 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:27 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
So, the major of ridicule of Boris "lying" Johnson was changed from laughter to applause.

Editing is never a problem, after all, they were reporting on a 2 hour event and compressing it to 30 seconds.
However, the way in which this particular moment, the very one which the BBC chose to include, was changed, made it look like the masses were cheering our "beloved" leader, when, in fact, they were laughing at someone who cant open his mouth with out bending the truth to breaking point or, ignoring it all together - you will have seen the "more Tory lies" thread. :SUBMISSION:

Nothing was 'changed'. The middle second or so was cut for brevity. You're trying to make out the audience track has been replaced. It hasn't. They cut the first "I think it's...". This sort of editing happens in every single news report you ever see. But because you're desperate for pro-Tory conspiracy and you believe everything you see on twatter, you've convinced yourself it's politically-led.

I don't deny there's a 'blink and you'll miss it' moment of laughter not in the final cut - but tell me, were the moments of scorn and laughter directed at the other leaders included? Are you 'outraged' at that?

It's pathetic. This entire argument is pathetic. This thread is pathetic. The hordes of crying, wailing 'Anyone But the Tories' are pathetic. In fact, it's better than that, it's hilarious. :lol:

This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17868
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years45th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:02 pm  
Cronus wrote:
Nothing was 'changed'. The middle second or so was cut for brevity. You're trying to make out the audience track has been replaced. It hasn't. They cut the first "I think it's...". This sort of editing happens in every single news report you ever see. But because you're desperate for pro-Tory conspiracy and you believe everything you see on twatter, you've convinced yourself it's politically-led.

I don't deny there's a 'blink and you'll miss it' moment of laughter not in the final cut - but tell me, were the moments of scorn and laughter directed at the other leaders included? Are you 'outraged' at that?

It's pathetic. This entire argument is pathetic. This thread is pathetic. The hordes of crying, wailing 'Anyone But the Tories' are pathetic. In fact, it's better than that, it's hilarious. :lol:

Looks like you've lost another argument :SUBMISSION:

As I said, this was THE big moment of the night against Johnson when the majority of the audience couldn't hide their contempt, which had been blanked out in subsequent broadcasts.

Just focus on the smiling happy faces as the leader goes by - remind you of anything - it's certainly a long way balanced reporting.
I dont know whether it is politically led but, it isn't right and you are bright enough to know this.

Johnson is getting away with political murder, with NOBODY really prepared to put him under proper scrutiny.
He was not controlled properly in the ITV debate, continually over running and if ever he actually answers a question, instead of trotting out pre rehearsed soundbites, he is found SEVERELY lacking and his mistakes, which are numerous are laughed off as "bumbling Boris" and " he always does that sort of thing, it's just his way".

You will have noticed that, despite my politics being left of centre, I'm prepared to call out both sides and I've noticed that others are not.

If calling someone "snowflake" gives you a sense of importance, good on ya but, I think that I may be old enough to pre date this particular insult.

He's supposed to be LEADING the country and not back in the school playground
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
Cronus 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:45 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Looks like you've lost another argument :SUBMISSION:

As I said, this was THE big moment of the night against Johnson when the majority of the audience couldn't hide their contempt, which had been blanked out in subsequent broadcasts.

Just focus on the smiling happy faces as the leader goes by - remind you of anything - it's certainly a long way balanced reporting.
I dont know whether it is politically led but, it isn't right and you are bright enough to know this.

Johnson is getting away with political murder, with NOBODY really prepared to put him under proper scrutiny.
He was not controlled properly in the ITV debate, continually over running and if ever he actually answers a question, instead of trotting out pre rehearsed soundbites, he is found SEVERELY lacking and his mistakes, which are numerous are laughed off as "bumbling Boris" and " he always does that sort of thing, it's just his way".

You will have noticed that, despite my politics being left of centre, I'm prepared to call out both sides and I've noticed that others are not.

If calling someone "snowflake" gives you a sense of importance, good on ya but, I think that I may be old enough to pre date this particular insult.

He's supposed to be LEADING the country and not back in the school playground

If you think this was "THE big issue of the night" then there isn't much hope for you. You've allowed yourself to be dragged to the twatter schoolyard level of debate. Half a second where a few people laugh at Johnson is NOT the big issue. We've seen it plenty of times - he's been heckled and mocked plenty of times. You are part of the reason true debate has gone down the toilet.

I've said before I think these TV 'debates' are terrible. None of the leaders did well the other night except Sturgeon, who is always a good speaker. All came off badly in the face of some challenging moments from the audience, including laughter. They ALL avoid answering questions by trotting out pre-prepared soundbites and struggle when called out. Johnson does it, Corbyn does it, Swinson does it. You know that.

But yes, this whole thing is pathetic. It's laughable. You're all whiney snowflakes. There simply is no other way to put it.

Look, I can add smilies too. There, there. :SUBMISSION:
RankPostsTeam
International Star4641
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 25 201014 years183rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Mar 24 08:2514th Mar 24 11:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:26 am  
The most important thing must be the engineered audience, surely? Ryan Jacobsz, Conservative activist, has appeared on QT 4 times in as many years, and has been able to ask, you guessed it, 4 questions, despite the BBC recommending audience members should appear once every 10 years.

https://dorseteye.com/ryan-jacobz-the-t ... enough-of/
The most important thing must be the engineered audience, surely? Ryan Jacobsz, Conservative activist, has appeared on QT 4 times in as many years, and has been able to ask, you guessed it, 4 questions, despite the BBC recommending audience members should appear once every 10 years.

https://dorseteye.com/ryan-jacobz-the-t ... enough-of/
RankPostsTeam
International Star5109
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years80th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Mar 24 03:0818th Mar 24 22:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:33 pm  
Which channel managed to replace the clip of our PM laying his wreath at the cenotaph upside down with one filmed from when he was the foreign secretary.
IR80 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 24 20195 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Sep 20 02:4026th Aug 20 00:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:33 pm  
Got to love The Sin Bin, a Labour love fest.

Politics of hate, jealousy abound.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5109
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years80th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Mar 24 03:0818th Mar 24 22:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:42 pm  
No just fairness and balance from the TV coverage because it is not possible from the press.
Next