FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The BBC editing political clips ?
::Off-topic discussion.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17871
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years46th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 16:1128th Mar 24 10:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:48 am  
Cronus wrote:
:lol: Well, if Corbyn's performance tonight is any measure, he's well advised to avoid debates.

I'm absolutely aware of Johnson's character and past, and it's far from squeaky clean ( is anyone?) - but I'm prepared to give him a chance. He's committed to seeing Brexit through and - frankly - he's a million times better than the other truly miserable excuses for "leaders".

Nope because I couldn't care less. Genuinely don't give a sht. Honestly, right now I care more whether I can be arsed having another drink before bed. Just as I don't actually give a toss about the "conspiracy" of Johnson's "missing" second of laughter, as I've said before several times. It's all utterly irrelevant. You love it simply because it validates your views and later on you can cry to anyone who will put up with you that it's all a conspiracy. :USTUPID:

Hope that you slept well ?
However, where do you stand on the primary TV channel "air brushing" out the Prime Ministers mistakes - you didn't manage to answer that one.
Inserting footage from 3 years ago to cover his mistake, although small in itself, shouldn't be happening in a UK democracy.

The fact that you cant be arsed to answer would suggest that you condone this type of thing :CRAZY:
Cronus 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Dec 20 18:2622nd Jun 20 21:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:43 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Hope that you slept well ?
However, where do you stand on the primary TV channel "air brushing" out the Prime Ministers mistakes - you didn't manage to answer that one.
Inserting footage from 3 years ago to cover his mistake, although small in itself, shouldn't be happening in a UK democracy.

The fact that you cant be arsed to answer would suggest that you condone this type of thing :CRAZY:

Lovely thanks. :)

If you read it again I did answer. You've even quoted it. I simply don't care. I don't care about the "missing second" either (as I've said from the start), but I find the outrage, wailing and conspiracy theories from the left hilarious.

It's such a nothing issue. Have you even watched it? Would you have known it was upside down? I've just watched it again and unless someone points it out you'd never know. I honestly wouldn't care even if Corbyn had done it.

Of course I'm aware that's not your primary point - you think there's a conspiracy. But, bear in mind all other broadcasters, all other bulletins, all social media outlets and indeed the live footage used the correct version, what would be the point in a 'deliberate' edit? Also bear in mind it had already broken online - in the press and on social media - it was already out there so again what would be the point?

You're just so utterly convinced there's a BBC conspiracy you get suckered in by the fake outrage in the press and on social media. And it validates your views. Fact is, it was a cock-up, it's been explained in detail by the production team and that'll do for me. Move on to something actually important.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17871
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years46th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:08 am  
Cronus wrote:
Lovely thanks. :)

If you read it again I did answer. You've even quoted it. I simply don't care. I don't care about the "missing second" either (as I've said from the start), but I find the outrage, wailing and conspiracy theories from the left hilarious.

It's such a nothing issue. Have you even watched it? Would you have known it was upside down? I've just watched it again and unless someone points it out you'd never know. I honestly wouldn't care even if Corbyn had done it.

Of course I'm aware that's not your primary point - you think there's a conspiracy. But, bear in mind all other broadcasters, all other bulletins, all social media outlets and indeed the live footage used the correct version, what would be the point in a 'deliberate' edit? Also bear in mind it had already broken online - in the press and on social media - it was already out there so again what would be the point?

You're just so utterly convinced there's a BBC conspiracy you get suckered in by the fake outrage in the press and on social media. And it validates your views. Fact is, it was a cock-up, it's been explained in detail by the production team and that'll do for me. Move on to something actually important.

Sorry Mr Cronus but, I had moved on from the missing laughter at Mr Johnson, which, I am now convinced never happened :wink:
The more deliberate change was with this years laying of the wreath by Mr Johnson.
The live footage shows him laying the wreath upside down but, the re-runs go back in time (3 years) to show him laying the wreath correctly.

Was this to protect the dignity of those who have fallen or, to protect "our leader" and just who made that decision ?
+
Cronus 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:14 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Sorry Mr Cronus but, I had moved on from the missing laughter at Mr Johnson, which, I am now convinced never happened :wink:
The more deliberate change was with this years laying of the wreath by Mr Johnson.
The live footage shows him laying the wreath upside down but, the re-runs go back in time (3 years) to show him laying the wreath correctly.

Was this to protect the dignity of those who have fallen or, to protect "our leader" and just who made that decision ?
+

:lol: I've replied on the cenotaph 'incident', twice. Once last night and just now. Come on lad. :)
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17871
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years46th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:44 am  
Cronus wrote:
:lol: I've replied on the cenotaph 'incident', twice. Once last night and just now. Come on lad. :)

I'll have to read your posts more carefully in future :oops:
Pat of it had been air brushed out on my PC - it has some additional security to protect me from any form of extremism (parental controls or something like that :lol: ).
FWIW, Boris has had the usual honeymoon period with the media, which is the norm - just to stop the natives from getting too restless.
However, on a more serious note, the bloke is never going to change from being a "maverick" politician and as long as someone keeps on sweeping up behind him, he may be ok.
Personally, as I've said many times, I'm more annoyed that the Tories can boast about spending pledges that return us to where we were 10 years ago, before the cuts that they imposed.
It's like having your car impounded and then having to be grateful when someone passes you the keys.

If only Labour had "promoted" the other Miliband, we may never have arrived here and we are still left with staying in the EU or sucking up ever closer to the USA and the latter is a worse option than leaving the EU.
Cronus 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:51 pm  
So Channel 4 added subtitles claiming Johnson said the word 'people of colour' rather than 'people of talent'.

Deliberate? Conspiracy? Mistake? :THINK:

"Unacceptable from a publicly owned broadcaster...shouldn't happen...self-evidently and clearly wrong; positively Orwellian in fact"...etc...the outraged left are suspiciously quiet on this matter. :lol:

I actually don't care but anything that makes C4 news squirm is good by me.
RankPostsTeam
International Star906No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 02 201410 years191st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 06:3012th Mar 24 18:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:05 pm  
Cronus wrote:
So Channel 4 added subtitles claiming Johnson said the word 'people of colour' rather than 'people of talent'.

Deliberate? Conspiracy? Mistake? :THINK:

"Unacceptable from a publicly owned broadcaster...shouldn't happen...self-evidently and clearly wrong; positively Orwellian in fact"...etc...the outraged left are suspiciously quiet on this matter. :lol:

I actually don't care but anything that makes C4 news squirm is good by me.

Don't expect to hear anything from the left wing echo chamber on here. Never known such a myopic bunch. And don't forget only the conservatives tell lies... Corbyn and the rest of his ilk are as pure as driven snow.
Don't know why you bother Cronus... right wing all bad, left wing all good. Never mind that we'd be destitute if Corbyn actually got to implement his crackpot policies just like the poor sods in Venezuela.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years63rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 23 22:1119th Feb 23 21:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:40 pm  
wotsupcas wrote:
Don't expect to hear anything from the left wing echo chamber on here. Never known such a myopic bunch.
To quote Crony, stop being such a snowflake.
RankPostsTeam
International Star906No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 02 201410 years191st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 06:3012th Mar 24 18:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:51 pm  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
To quote Crony, stop being such a snowflake.

Please explain how I'm a snowflake. I'm not taking offence at anything or professing faux outrage. Just stated a couple of facts as I see it.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13451
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 200617 years64th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 07:4728th Mar 24 12:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
1/10

Re: The BBC editing political clips ? : Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:38 pm  
To be fair if he spoke with a northern accent there is no way it would've been 'misheard'. Phonetically I imagine upper class types pronounce it as kalah, which can be mishead from talent if the audio is dodgy.
PreviousNext