u RLFANS.COM - The BBC editing political clips ?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin The BBC editing political clips ?



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The BBC editing political clips ?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:51 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 13762
Cronus wrote:Oh I understand it, but it's only relevant if it supports your agenda. I think the audience laughing at Corbyn and Swinson is equally relevant; Corbyn for constantly switching stance until he's suddenly 'neutral', and Swinson for blatantly rejecting the 17.4m without a hint of shame.

But it really isn't that big of an issue. I want to hear what they say and see how they act, not hear what a few people in the audience think. You're putting your "big moment" on probably 4 or 5 people having a chuckle for about a second. You want to hear that laughter because it validates your views.

Still haven't answered the question; were the moments of laughter and scorn directed at Corbyn, Swinson, Sturgeon and Farage included in the "controversial" 1.00 news bulletin? 4th time of trying.


Did this not answer you sufficiently: "The other (many) moments of laughter from the debate on Friday, have not been edited out and replaced with applause when clip were shown for a second time."

It's all that your getting and I'm sorry that you missed the first clip :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The BBC editing political clips ?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:53 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 13762
Did this not answer you sufficiently: "The other (many) moments of laughter from the debate on Friday, have not been edited out and replaced with applause when clip were shown for a second time."

It's all that your getting and I'm sorry that you missed the first clip

It loses something without the laughter but, you may not have spotted the difference :wink:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The BBC editing political clips ?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:31 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15521
Location: Ossett
Cronus wrote:Oh I understand it, but it's only relevant if it supports your agenda.


No - it's only relevant if it happened; and in this case, the clip they showed was deliberately misrepresented, because they showed Johnson's strong words, but edited out the context of a room full of people laughing in scorn. If they'd shown clips of the other leaders words leading up to laughter, but edited out the laughter, you might have the faintest trace of a point.

And this is the state broadcaster by the way, who also 'accidentally' used old footage of Johnson at the cenotaph, which conveniently airbrushed out his embarrassing gaffe and showed him in a more positive light; the same event btw that last year, saw Corbyn vilified for his choice of coat, gleefully replayed over and over again, by the same state broadcaster.

You can explain away this stuff all you like - and it may wash in your own echo chamber - but it's self-evidently and clearly wrong; positively Orwellian in fact:

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The BBC editing political clips ?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:34 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:25 pm
Posts: 7129
Location: one day closer to death
The big issues:
- what are your intentions for the Trident nuclear deterrent?
- are you looking to us out the EU, deal or no deal?
- what are your tax threshold intentions?
- what is your long-term welfare state strategy?
- how will you address the issue of homelessness?

The Left, "BUT...BUT...THEY EDITED THE LIVE VERSION OF LEADER'S QT AND SOME PEOPLE DIDN'T SEE ONE SECOND OF A FEW PEOPLE LAUGHING AND THAT WAS THE BIG MOMENT I WANTED EVERYONE TO SEEEEE" :cry:Image

That is exactly what you sound like. :lol:


Last edited by Cronus on Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The BBC editing political clips ?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:46 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17632
Location: On the road
I hope they don't edit Andrew Neil from tonight - Corbyn didn't actually answer one question - oh he did on the WASPI - a mix of government reserves and borrowing and then admitted the government reserves were a fraction of what would be required. He couldn't answer what % of the total income tax was paid by the top 1% and he wanted to suggest that removing the married tax allowance was some way of equalising society!! Less said about anti-Semitism the better

For the first time he looked out of his depth - a shocking performance.






Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The BBC editing political clips ?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:53 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:25 pm
Posts: 7129
Location: one day closer to death
Sal Paradise wrote:I hope they don't edit Andrew Neil from tonight - Corbyn didn't actually answer one question - oh he did on the WASPI - a mix of government reserves and borrowing and then admitted the government reserves were a fraction of what would be required. He couldn't answer what % of the total income tax was paid by the top 1% and he wanted to suggest that removing the married tax allowance was some way of equalising society!! Less said about anti-Semitism the better

For the first time he looked out of his depth - a shocking performance.

That was just astounding. Corbyn way out of his depth, evasive as ever, clearly rattled and utterly unconvincing. Eye-rolling & huffing throughout. If Prince Andrew was a car crash, that was an M6 pile-up into both carriageways.

He simply can't hide his loyalties. Wouldn't apologise for antisemitism, wouldn't give the go-ahead to kill an ISIS leader. We all know he's refused to condemn the IRA killings before. Won't answer questions, gets his tax sums wrong. Thinks £60 billion can be found for WASPI 'just because it needs doing'.

Neil always jumps in a lot but he does his best to cut off pointless soundbites and push hard for answers. He does it with everyone. That's why he's good at his job.

Yes, Corbyn eventually answered on WASPI - but by my count he was asked SEVENTEEN times before getting some form of wishy-washy answer.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The BBC editing political clips ?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:29 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 13762
Cronus wrote:The big issues:
- what are your intentions for the Trident nuclear deterrent?
- are you looking to us out the EU, deal or no deal?
- what are your tax threshold intentions?
- what is your long-term welfare state strategy?
- how will you address the issue of homelessness?

The Left, "BUT...BUT...THEY EDITED THE LIVE VERSION OF LEADER'S QT AND SOME PEOPLE DIDN'T SEE ONE SECOND OF A FEW PEOPLE LAUGHING AND THAT WAS THE BIG MOMENT I WANTED EVERYONE TO SEEEEE" :cry:Image

That is exactly what you sound like. :lol:


Great post BUT, if you cant trust a word coming out of the Prime Ministers mouth, it's all irrelevant.
Johnson has lied at every opportunity, ranging form exaggeration to down right lies.

I know that YOU cant or are not prepared to see this but it doesn't change his "style". He is a political chancer hence his "switch" a year or so before the referendum from Pro European to Brexitier.

You can go for all of your sarcastic comments and "snowflake" "insults" but it doesn't change Johnson and people laughing on the question of trust, something which most people should have somewhere near the top of their list of attributes, for who they wish to vote for, IS fairly important.

It's no wonder he's bottled another debate and I hope that he is indeed "empty chaired"
The leader of the country "pulled" from debate to prevent any gaffes.

No mention of the time machine at the Cenotaph then :SUBMISSION:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The BBC editing political clips ?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:57 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 9:02 pm
Posts: 585
All irrelevant guys :D

Corbyn stops a hard right wing fascist Brexit.

End of.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The BBC editing political clips ?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:11 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:25 pm
Posts: 7129
Location: one day closer to death
wrencat1873 wrote:Great post BUT, if you cant trust a word coming out of the Prime Ministers mouth, it's all irrelevant.
Johnson has lied at every opportunity, ranging form exaggeration to down right lies.

I know that YOU cant or are not prepared to see this but it doesn't change his "style". He is a political chancer hence his "switch" a year or so before the referendum from Pro European to Brexitier.

You can go for all of your sarcastic comments and "snowflake" "insults" but it doesn't change Johnson and people laughing on the question of trust, something which most people should have somewhere near the top of their list of attributes, for who they wish to vote for, IS fairly important.

It's no wonder he's bottled another debate and I hope that he is indeed "empty chaired"
The leader of the country "pulled" from debate to prevent any gaffes.

:lol: Well, if Corbyn's performance tonight is any measure, he's well advised to avoid debates.

I'm absolutely aware of Johnson's character and past, and it's far from squeaky clean ( is anyone?) - but I'm prepared to give him a chance. He's committed to seeing Brexit through and - frankly - he's a million times better than the other truly miserable excuses for "leaders".

Quote:No mention of the time machine at the Cenotaph then :SUBMISSION:

Nope because I couldn't care less. Genuinely don't give a sht. Honestly, right now I care more whether I can be arsed having another drink before bed. Just as I don't actually give a toss about the "conspiracy" of Johnson's "missing" second of laughter, as I've said before several times. It's all utterly irrelevant. You love it simply because it validates your views and later on you can cry to anyone who will put up with you that it's all a conspiracy. :USTUPID:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The BBC editing political clips ?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:17 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 1625
Don’t get too carried away because Johnson turn is still to come and I expect the interviewer will have a lot of ammunition to upset him. You can tell when he is lying his mouth is open.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next





It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:23 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: King Street Cat, Scarlet Pimpernell, The Devil's Advocate and 56 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:23 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,039,6431,04078,0804,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TOMORROW 10:50
NRL
BRISBANE
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Fri 5th Jun 09:00
NRL
PENRITH
v
NZ WARRIORS
Fri 5th Jun 10:55
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
SOUTHS
Sat 6th Jun 08:30
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
MANLY
Sat 6th Jun 10:35
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
CRONULLA
Sun 7th Jun 07:05
NRL
CANBERRA
v
NEWCASTLE
Sun 7th Jun 09:30
NRL
GOLD COAST
v
WESTS TIGERS
Mon 8th Jun 07:05
NRL
CANTERBURY
v
ST.GEORGE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






11

.