FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Boris Johnson - spinless leader ?
::Off-topic discussion.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4641
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 25 201014 years199th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 21:2114th Mar 24 11:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."

Re: Boris Johnson - spinless leader ? : Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:55 pm  
IR80 wrote:
ah yes, the famously not at all left wing BBC, what a credible source.

Which source would be credible to you? Which source would you believe?
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 27 200222 years301st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Jun 23 20:4411th Jun 23 20:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

Re: Boris Johnson - spinless leader ? : Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:00 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Just to save me typing page after page, this is the interview with Marr fact checked, by the BBC (not by some bogus Tory twitter site):
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50624056

When you've had time to skim through it, you can let us know at which point Boris actually told the truth, about anything :SUBMISSION:

Whether it's him or Cummings or whoever else that is "controlling" their output, it's just wrong.

I am not defending Johnson all I am saying is Labour is as bad if not worse and you have to attribute the direction of travel to it leader - you somehow think he is an honest broker - he cannot be excluded from all the lies the Labour party is telling. As you say it is just wrong, but you seem to either defend or ignore these Labour lies.

In the last week they have jumped on two policies - WASPI and today train costs - neither of which were in their manifesto neither of which have been costed - where does it stop? If Labour continue we wont be taxes they will be rewarding us for working - its bonkers even Stevie Wonder can see that - why can't you?
wrencat1873 wrote:
Just to save me typing page after page, this is the interview with Marr fact checked, by the BBC (not by some bogus Tory twitter site):
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50624056

When you've had time to skim through it, you can let us know at which point Boris actually told the truth, about anything :SUBMISSION:

Whether it's him or Cummings or whoever else that is "controlling" their output, it's just wrong.

I am not defending Johnson all I am saying is Labour is as bad if not worse and you have to attribute the direction of travel to it leader - you somehow think he is an honest broker - he cannot be excluded from all the lies the Labour party is telling. As you say it is just wrong, but you seem to either defend or ignore these Labour lies.

In the last week they have jumped on two policies - WASPI and today train costs - neither of which were in their manifesto neither of which have been costed - where does it stop? If Labour continue we wont be taxes they will be rewarding us for working - its bonkers even Stevie Wonder can see that - why can't you?
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17887
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years49th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 24 16:279th May 24 16:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Boris Johnson - spinless leader ? : Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:53 pm  
Sal Paradise wrote:

Labour wont win but, if/when the Tories win, we will be heading for a no deal Brexit at the end of 2020 which, may be ok if you are Farage or, on the right of the Tory Party but, this would be the worst of all outcomes.
Of course, the EU will be blamed, the Tories and Boris in particular are exceptional at blaming others for their own problems but, this wont change where we are heading.
The only way that this wont be the case is, if the EU cave in during the negotiations and that just wont happen.

Oh yes and the UK will be in recession at that point, bringing further austerity, rising crime etc, etc - you know, like we've seen over the past 10 years.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years65th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 23 22:1119th Feb 23 21:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

Re: Boris Johnson - spinless leader ? : Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:06 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Of course, the EU will be blamed, the Tories and Boris in particular are exceptional at blaming others for their own problems but, this wont change where we are heading.

This is one of the great ironies. The Conservative party demand everyone in the country take personal responsibility for each individual's actions and the consequences arising from them.

But as soon as it comes to the party owning their record, the disaster of Brexit and the tragic state of our public services they point fingers all over the place. It's never their fault.
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 27 200222 years301st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

Re: Boris Johnson - spinless leader ? : Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:50 pm  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
This is one of the great ironies. The Conservative party demand everyone in the country take personal responsibility for each individual's actions and the consequences arising from them.

But as soon as it comes to the party owning their record, the disaster of Brexit and the tragic state of our public services they point fingers all over the place. It's never their fault.

I think you are correct - nobody to blame but May and her team - she really screwed things up - she was out negotiated, easily done when you don't have any conviction in what you are trying to achieve.

You can't blame Boris for what he inherited in respect of Brexit - it was a complete car crash. Add to that a parliament that had 70% remainers including a host of Tories and you have an almost impossible task of achieving anything but a very soft Brexit.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5120
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years85th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 01:139th May 24 15:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Boris Johnson - spinless leader ? : Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:04 pm  
Johnson was part of the car crash. They had the numbers to get the deal through but failed because of Johnson and the ERG.
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 27 200222 years301st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Boris Johnson - spinless leader ? : Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:13 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Labour wont win but, if/when the Tories win, we will be heading for a no deal Brexit at the end of 2020 which, may be ok if you are Farage or, on the right of the Tory Party but, this would be the worst of all outcomes.
The only way that this wont be the case is, if the EU cave in during the negotiations and that just wont happen.

Oh yes and the UK will be in recession at that point, bringing further austerity, rising crime etc, etc - you know, like we've seen over the past 10 years.

I don't share your negativity - maybe because I think we are a pretty innovative nation and business will always find a way. Nobody including the EU want a no deal Brexit and a solution will be found provided the Tories have sufficient majority to control parliament.

If Labour get in there will be some huge problems - as a nation we are heavily reliant on individual debt - even a small rise in interest rates combined with higher personal taxation will see a huge issue in the housing market - people simply will not be able to pay their mortgages. It isn't possible to fund all the give-aways that Labour propose by just taxing the rich and companies. It will impact ordinary people earning especially low earners.
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 27 200222 years301st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Boris Johnson - spinless leader ? : Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:20 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Johnson was part of the car crash. They had the numbers to get the deal through but failed because of Johnson and the ERG.

The only time it came close - the third time Johnson voted for it - just remind me how many Labour MPs voted against it, they had vowed to support the result of the referendum?

Given the circumstances of the deal negotiations I doubt anyone could have done anything better - it had disaster written all over it. Boris' deal is just the best of a really bad job.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5120
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years85th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 01:139th May 24 15:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Boris Johnson - spinless leader ? : Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:31 pm  
Johnson deal is the same with one exception, May would not condone a border in Ireland unfortunately Johnson is quite happy to do so and even lie about its impact.
I note Johnson in lieu of the interview with Andrew Neil he is to be interviewed by Philip Schofield.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17887
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years49th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 24 16:279th May 24 16:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Boris Johnson - spinless leader ? : Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:11 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Johnson deal is the same with one exception, May would not condone a border in Ireland unfortunately Johnson is quite happy to do so and even lie about its impact.
I note Johnson in lieu of the interview with Andrew Neil he is to be interviewed by Philip Schofield.

Might as well be Gordon the Gopher, then they can speak nonsense to each other
Gordon "squeaks"
Johnson "yes, I know but, lets just look at the last 120 days"
Gordon "squeak"
Johnson babbles on and on and on with his pre rehearsed sound bites. :CRAZY:
PreviousNext