WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Brexit watch

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin Brexit watch

Off-topic discussion.
Brexit watch Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:08 am  

User avatarDurham Giant wrote:
Durham Giant User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Not a discussion about Brexit that is passed but facts and observations on the impact of Brexit

Norton’s motorcycles gone bust. Owner blames impact of Brexit / delays.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/l ... ed-3800907

Garner himself says he is ‘devastated’ at Norton’s collapse, blaming tax burdens and uncertainty over Brexit as the true reasons for the failure of the company.

Whilst he blames Brexit I think fraud and incompetency May lie behind it. But garner was very pro Brexit and saying it would really help his company.
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????
Re: Brexit watch Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:12 pm  
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

When I saw the title, I thought it was going to be about a giveaway in the Daily Mail, to go with the commemorative tea towel.
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Re: Brexit watch Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:57 pm  

Superblue wrote:
Superblue Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I made an appointment for my dental check up, my dentist is an east European Lady, I inquired of her situation and was informed she had married her English fiancé. She s a real asset to her community.

Soon I will see my hospital consultant, an exceptional talent, of Malaysian origin.

The east Europeans working n the newsagents, so helpful.

If these guys get sent home large voids will appear, especially at the lower end where menial jobs wil have to be done by uk nationals I expect. :D

I do hope they understood this from Farage :D
Re: Brexit watch Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:11 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Superblue wrote:
I made an appointment for my dental check up, my dentist is an east European Lady, I inquired of her situation and was informed she had married her English fiancé. She s a real asset to her community.

Soon I will see my hospital consultant, an exceptional talent, of Malaysian origin.

The east Europeans working n the newsagents, so helpful.

If these guys get sent home large voids will appear, especially at the lower end where menial jobs wil have to be done by uk nationals I expect. :D

I do hope they understood this from Farage :D

Wouldn't call a dentist of hospital consultant menial ??
Re: Brexit watch Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:22 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

So the dictatorship starts with the government only allowing the friendly media to attend a briefing. The rest are asked to leave, Trump and Fox News would be proud of their mini me Dominic Cummings and Johnson.
The lies appear to be infecting the entire cabinet with Raab indicating any Irish borders would be their fault despite the evidence saying the contrary. This may be why he only wants the likes of the Sun, Mail, Express and Telegraph to attend so they don’t point out their lies.
Re: Brexit watch Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:57 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
So the dictatorship starts with the government only allowing the friendly media to attend a briefing. The rest are asked to leave, Trump and Fox News would be proud of their mini me Dominic Cummings and Johnson.
The lies appear to be infecting the entire cabinet with Raab indicating any Irish borders would be their fault despite the evidence saying the contrary. This may be why he only wants the likes of the Sun, Mail, Express and Telegraph to attend so they don’t point out their lies.

Boris does seem happy to take his lead from Trump, a man of impeccable moral standards :CRAZY:
Re: Brexit watch Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:16 pm  
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

The next year will test the limits of Johnson's BS. The big question will be how many people will still be going along with it by December?
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Re: Brexit watch Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:26 pm  
Free-scoring winger

I know two for certain.
Re: Brexit watch Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:24 pm  

Superblue wrote:
Superblue Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

wrencat1873 wrote:
Wouldn't call a dentist of hospital consultant menial ??

And I didn’t intend that either. :D
My point was that it won’t have yet dawned on the Brexit loons who is in line for the lower end menial jobs and seasonal work once the current overseas workers are kicked out. :D

But then there is the strata of Brexit loons incapable of distinguishing , and who’d have all overseas workers kicked out.
Re: Brexit watch Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:34 pm  
Free-scoring winger

Without immigration every aspect of life in London would be effected, every care home, the entire leisure sector not to mention vegetable picking.
I would say good luck getting our own to do these type of jobs. With the proposed immigration system then these workers would not be eligible so who does the work.
Next