WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - getting schools open

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin getting schools open

Off-topic discussion.
Re: getting schools open Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:03 am  

User avatarDurham Giant wrote:
Durham Giant User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:25 pm
Posts: 11958
Location: Durham
IR80 wrote:
It is the easy route for the lunatic left, 100% hindsight, no real ideas other than harking back to Thatcher and their ability to buy their council house. Unfortunately that is the way this works, believe in socialism or get abuse, which goes ignored. unless of course you have an opposite opinion, and then you get warnings.



That appears to be the difference between us . Some of us do have ideas about how to get schools back but it will take planning and have to rely on working with individual schools by LA’s.

Simply put not all schools are the same. Some have lots of room and some are jam packed therefore individual schools need individual plans. Your idea is as simple as all schools must open fully which is. Recipe for disaster.

Simple things could be done to make things better for teachers and schools. Next year will not be a Normal year so normal ways of working should be suspended.

Simply put. No SATS this year. All emphasis on those in final exams years in secondary schools ie year 11 and year 13. Years 7. 8, 9, 10 and 12 on reduced timetable possibly in for 3 days a week staggered then homework set for the other two days.


Primary schools no timetable for years 1 and 2 lets use the European model of socialising children before the formal education begins. This would allow some of the classes to be led by none teaching staff to cover sickness, isolation and free them up to on Concentrate on the elder junior children

All of the above takes pressure off teachers and schools and gives them flexibility to work.

None of this is rocket science but it seems beyond our Tory posters and Tory government . Get it wrong then we will have local lockdowns all over the place Or even worse a national lockdown. :D :D :D
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????
Re: getting schools open Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:27 am  

User avatarSadfish wrote:
Sadfish User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 1999 10:12 am
Posts: 20734
Location: RLFANS HQ Salford.

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-study ... a-54659651
Schools less vulnerable

Schools in Germany, on the other hand, aren't leading to major outbreaks at present, with only 31 outbreaks and 150 infections, according to the RKI. Only a small number of cases can be traced back to restaurants, hotels and offices.
Image
Re: getting schools open Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:16 pm  

User avatarDurham Giant wrote:
Durham Giant User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:25 pm
Posts: 11958
Location: Durham
Sadfish wrote:
https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-study-reveals-how-most-germans-get-infected/a-54659651
Schools less vulnerable

Schools in Germany, on the other hand, aren't leading to major outbreaks at present, with only 31 outbreaks and 150 infections, according to the RKI. Only a small number of cases can be traced back to restaurants, hotels and offices.



Most schools only been back for two weeks so any information will only be partial. Possibly one of the key issues is not that children will be affected as evidence does show that they are often asymptomatic.

The issue will be whether they are spreaders of Covid.

3 million children potentially 6 million Adults will be the problem.

A partial reopening to test this out would be a better way to go IMHO

BBC report that

While UK health officials say coronavirus outbreaks in schools are rare, this hasn't been the case in some other countries.

In Germany's capital Berlin, just two weeks after the city's schools reopened, cases of Covid-19 have been reported in at least 41 of the city's 825 schools. According to reports, all age groups have been affected - elementary, secondary and vocational schools.

As a result of the outbreaks, education officials in Berlin say hundreds of pupils and teachers have had to go into quarantine.

Some states in the US have also reported clusters linked to reopened schools, as has Israel.

In France, which is planning to reopen its schools in just over a week after summer holidays, all pupils over the age of 11 will have to wear face masks at all times.
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????
Re: getting schools open Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:11 pm  

User avatarSadfish wrote:
Sadfish User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 1999 10:12 am
Posts: 20734
Location: RLFANS HQ Salford.

I am not sure what world you live in but there are many viruses that we get and schools have been managing them forever, novoviruses influenza, measles in particular.

All are deadly all happen.

In some places in the world guns kill more kids that viruses in schools, then there is maleria and malnutrition.

My son was already a year behind where he needs to be and now even further back.

We need to get the kids back into school, my sons school has been open all the time anyway, just kore kids in sept. There are lots of risks covid is a current one, it affects people in NHS,Carehome, Shop workers, Factory Workers, Teachers Services.

The key is to manage it to the best of our ability.

All our kids are more important than any of us. What will be will be
Image
Re: getting schools open Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:53 pm  

User avatarDurham Giant wrote:
Durham Giant User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:25 pm
Posts: 11958
Location: Durham
Sadfish wrote:
I am not sure what world you live in but there are many viruses that we get and schools have been managing them forever, novoviruses influenza, measles in particular.

All are deadly all happen.

In some places in the world guns kill more kids that viruses in schools, then there is maleria and malnutrition.

My son was already a year behind where he needs to be and now even further back.

We need to get the kids back into school, my sons school has been open all the time anyway, just kore kids in sept. There are lots of risks covid is a current one, it affects people in NHS,Carehome, Shop workers, Factory Workers, Teachers Services.

The key is to manage it to the best of our ability.

All our kids are more important than any of us. What will be will be


Sounds like you are just going down the fittest will survive route or let’s go for herd immunity Approach.

How much is based on your son and how much on the science.

Whilst there is some suggestion the virus is weakening until we know then there is nothing wrong with being cautious.

The way the government has worked is to do no contingency planning until after the event by which time the damage is done.

If we were to go back to the April scenario of infections and deaths would you be wanting a full lockdown.

In my view opening too quickly and then closing down again is worse than a gradual and safe and planned opening up of society.

The suggestion I put forward previously allows for this . It can always be adapted for children with special needs or those who are more in need of services.

Mine and most children would not be inconvenienced with 3 days at school and two days distant learning .
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????
Re: getting schools open Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:59 pm  

User avatarSadfish wrote:
Sadfish User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 1999 10:12 am
Posts: 20734
Location: RLFANS HQ Salford.

I work in NHS clinical, so I know the score.

The area I am in has little transmission at the moment and I would be happy with part time or week about if needed.

Here neither of those are worth it as covid is at such low levels.

I took my son out a week early in March as I knew local transmission was too high.

The virus isn't weakening but the virus that transmits the most will always win out, usually the one that kills the least wins that game.

Herd immunity is the ONLY way out of this and that will happen either naturally or via vaccines, theraputics etc to relieve the amount of deaths as low as possible.

we know the score now, it isn't as deadly as first thought, 2.2% down to about 0.5%, but it is still more deadly than the flu but ultimately the only answer is to do our best.
Image
Re: getting schools open Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:01 pm  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 2215
Sadfish wrote:
I work in NHS clinical, so I know the score.

The area I am in has little transmission at the moment and I would be happy with part time or week about if needed.

Here neither of those are worth it as covid is at such low levels.

I took my son out a week early in March as I knew local transmission was too high.

The virus isn't weakening but the virus that transmits the most will always win out, usually the one that kills the least wins that game.

Herd immunity is the ONLY way out of this and that will happen either naturally or via vaccines, theraputics etc to relieve the amount of deaths as low as possible.

we know the score now, it isn't as deadly as first thought, 2.2% down to about 0.5%, but it is still more deadly than the flu but ultimately the only answer is to do our best.


so you are agreeing that, despite the lunatic left assertion otherwise, we are all doing our best?

Good, maybe you can tell Durham (self important) Giant that, it is amazing how many experts there are on RLFans recently, nothing like a global pandemic to fuel the fires of hate and jealousy,
Re: getting schools open Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:13 pm  

User avatarSadfish wrote:
Sadfish User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 1999 10:12 am
Posts: 20734
Location: RLFANS HQ Salford.

IR80 wrote:
so you are agreeing that, despite the lunatic left assertion otherwise, we are all doing our best?

Good, maybe you can tell Durham (self important) Giant that, it is amazing how many experts there are on RLFans recently, nothing like a global pandemic to fuel the fires of hate and jealousy,


We all have our views and from that we create what I would hope is a better view

For some though it is to late.... :SHOOT:
Image
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 55 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,086,7011,13178,2924,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X