JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years65th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 23 22:1119th Feb 23 21:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

Re: Education, education, education and war : Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:33 pm  
Sal Paradise wrote:
I completely agree with your last paragraph.

Perhaps the deal was signed in good faith but the EU out thought Boris - not difficult - and the EU knew all along what their bargaining position was going to be i.e. we will disrupt your trade if you don't do as we say. Let's face it the EU have a way of not accepting certain adverse decisions e.g. Eire and the Nice & Lisbon treaties. They have history - were they ever going to negotiate in good faith towards a deal?

Boris knew this was going to happen longer term and believed it was no big deal - that I can believe

The essential disruption of this entire farce is your lot inserting harder borders between us and our primary trading partners for ideological reasons.
So don't come out pretending to be offended that barriers to trade are being erected. That's what you voted for ffs.

Stop blaming other people for what you have done. Stop being a giant snowflake when others don't roll over and give you the cake you promised we could eat and have. We knew they were lies at the time, we knew the agreement signed in January put a border down the Irish Sea. Your party were saying that agreement was so perfect it needed less time for discussion, hell I imagine you were on here parroting the same..

Man up and at the last take some responsibility for what you and your anti-Britain party have done to our country.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12580
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years131st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 11:5214th Apr 24 13:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Re: Education, education, education and war : Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:36 pm  
Sal Paradise wrote:

Perhaps the deal was signed in good faith but the EU out thought Boris - not difficult - and the EU knew all along what their bargaining position was going to be i.e. we will disrupt your trade if you don't do as we say. Let's face it the EU have a way of not accepting certain adverse decisions e.g. Eire and the Nice & Lisbon treaties. They have history - were they ever going to negotiate in good faith towards a deal?

Boris knew this was going to happen longer term and believed it was no big deal - that I can believe

The irony of the EU trying to use the threat of no deal to secure a better deal from us wouldn't be lost on me.

I do believe the EU want a deal - but they can't strike one based on the principles of the ERG. I mean it was never going to be a very good deal (Canada minus, once May had laid out her red lines), because membership has to remain attractive to the remaining members, but I don't think it'd have been punitive.

I see the trade agreement with Japan includes state aid rules stricter that those required by the EU's level playing field. I bet we still don't concede that point, even now it is completely moot. Can't ever give the EU anything, no matter how worthless!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years65th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 23 22:1119th Feb 23 21:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

Re: Education, education, education and war : Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:18 pm  
Mild Rover wrote:

I see the trade agreement with Japan includes state aid rules stricter that those required by the EU's level playing field. I bet we still don't concede that point, even now it is completely moot. Can't ever give the EU anything, no matter how worthless!

We need to remember they don't care any more. Complain about state aid, concede more state aid to quickly get a Japan deal which will give them a couple of days headlines.
They're so far in with the identity politics of Brexit now that it's the fact of it that matters, not the consequences or the inconsistencies or the lies. They're committing huge damage to our economy and our international power just to own the libs. It's the most pathetic thing imaginable.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12580
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years131st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 11:5214th Apr 24 13:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Re: Education, education, education and war : Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:52 pm  
Sal Paradise wrote:

On the issue of good faith, it is interesting that in a response to a report by the Northern Ireland Select Committee, published yesterday, Brandon Lewis/the Government says in relation to this situation:

These talks began in March and continued throughout the summer in a spirit of good faith...

and

The Government is extremely confident that the EU is working in good faith...

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/c ... /78302.htm
Sal Paradise wrote:

On the issue of good faith, it is interesting that in a response to a report by the Northern Ireland Select Committee, published yesterday, Brandon Lewis/the Government says in relation to this situation:

These talks began in March and continued throughout the summer in a spirit of good faith...

and

The Government is extremely confident that the EU is working in good faith...

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/c ... /78302.htm
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 27 200222 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Jun 23 20:4411th Jun 23 20:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

Re: Education, education, education and war : Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:24 am  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
The essential disruption of this entire farce is your lot inserting harder borders between us and our primary trading partners for ideological reasons.
So don't come out pretending to be offended that barriers to trade are being erected. That's what you voted for ffs.

Stop blaming other people for what you have done. Stop being a giant snowflake when others don't roll over and give you the cake you promised we could eat and have. We knew they were lies at the time, we knew the agreement signed in January put a border down the Irish Sea. Your party were saying that agreement was so perfect it needed less time for discussion, hell I imagine you were on here parroting the same..

Man up and at the last take some responsibility for what you and your anti-Britain party have done to our country.

Can't argue with that - no deal was the only logical outcome of this - the EU has too much to lose from a smooth transition of the UK out of the EU.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17880
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years48th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Apr 24 18:2314th Apr 24 09:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Education, education, education and war : Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:14 am  
Sal Paradise wrote:
Can't argue with that - no deal was the only logical outcome of this - the EU has too much to lose from a smooth transition of the UK out of the EU.

So we swap being "told what to do" by the EU, for having to comply with WTO terms.
Frictionless trade, my :MOON:

At least Johnson has been consistent since he cam back into the fray, consistent failings and misleading the masses, I think that telling lies is now called "mis speaking".
Are you happy that you backed the right horse in this particular race.

Get Brexit Done, Oven Ready Deal, Talking Absolute Nonsense.

Only the third one of these is true.

Back on topic, with over a 1/3rd of Uni's now having significant numbers isolating, do you think that "we" got the return to campus right ?
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17880
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years48th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Education, education, education and war : Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:34 am  
Interestingly, Universities are now talking about students returning to campus in "groups" as opposed to the mass return that is the norm.
Why on earth wasn't this done in September ?
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 14 20204 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Apr 21 07:486th Apr 21 15:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Education, education, education and war : Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:16 pm  
regurgitating arguments, what's up, are the first IN EUROPE to have a viable vaccine?

sad lefties, maybe Kinnock will rent you his £1.6m flat?
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17880
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years48th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Education, education, education and war : Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:26 pm  
WestEndThinker wrote:
regurgitating arguments, what's up, are the first IN EUROPE to have a viable vaccine?

sad lefties, maybe Kinnock will rent you his £1.6m flat?

What are you on about ?
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 14 20204 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Apr 21 07:486th Apr 21 15:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Education, education, education and war : Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:48 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
What are you on about ?

read something other than toilet paper...
PreviousNext