WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - no free meals for the poorest kids ?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin no free meals for the poorest kids ?

Off-topic discussion.
no free meals for the poorest kids ? Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:39 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15028
Now that we are "levelling up" or, at least that is what Boris Johnson campaigned on during the last election, should the poorest kids in the UK receive additional free meals outside of school.
Only 5 of the 363 Tory MP's thought it was worthwhile - has anything actually change among the ruling classes ?

Relative to the huge numbers being thrown at covid etc, this seemed a wholly sensible idea and it could have given the very poorest kids a small chance of improving their lot.
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:01 pm  
WestEndThinker Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:38 am
Posts: 225
wrencat1873 wrote:
Now that we are "levelling up" or, at least that is what Boris Johnson campaigned on during the last election, should the poorest kids in the UK receive additional free meals outside of school.
Only 5 of the 363 Tory MP's thought it was worthwhile - has anything actually change among the ruling classes ?

Relative to the huge numbers being thrown at covid etc, this seemed a wholly sensible idea and it could have given the very poorest kids a small chance of improving their lot.

ah yes, another ill thought baseless attack on government.

If people cannot afford children then they should not have them, they should cancel Sky, broadband, eat beans, do everything they can to look after there own, not come bleating to me.

Maybe you could stop feedng your whippet and feed a family of wasters for a week? If we are lucky, they will each have two kids, expect the state to provide, that is only another billion mouths to feed!
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:28 pm  

WIZEB wrote:
WIZEB Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 11504
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
WestEndThinker wrote:
ah yes, another ill thought baseless attack on government.

If people cannot afford children then they should not have them, they should cancel Sky, broadband, eat beans, do everything they can to look after there own, not come bleating to me.

Maybe you could stop feedng your whippet and feed a family of wasters for a week? If we are lucky, they will each have two kids, expect the state to provide, that is only another billion mouths to feed!


You still got no plumbum in your pencil?
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:34 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15028
WestEndThinker wrote:
ah yes, another ill thought baseless attack on government.

If people cannot afford children then they should not have them, they should cancel Sky, broadband, eat beans, do everything they can to look after there own, not come bleating to me.

Maybe you could stop feedng your whippet and feed a family of wasters for a week? If we are lucky, they will each have two kids, expect the state to provide, that is only another billion mouths to feed!


The voice of compassion and reason eh. :SUBMISSION:
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:02 pm  

WIZEB wrote:
WIZEB Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 11504
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
wrencat1873 wrote:
The voice of compassion and reason eh. :SUBMISSION:


He'd probably burn unmarried mothers at the stake and imprint b@st@rd into their offsprings forehead with a red hot cattle rod.
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:43 pm  
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 4343
Location: WF4
WIZEB wrote:
He'd probably burn unmarried mothers at the stake and imprint b@st@rd into their offsprings forehead with a red hot cattle rod.


He comes across like he would. My guess is he'd be the first in the handout line, cap in hand, if he ever managed to get someone in the club.
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:08 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15028
Had to smile (actually wince) at Nicky Morgan on QT last night, suggesting it was how Labour brought the plan to Parliament that prevented the Tory's supporting it.
You cant condone Angela Raynor for calling her opposition "scum", in Parliament but, despite the language, she was right.

"Levelling up" by keeping the poorest kids hungry - nothing has changed - apart from yet another con job from Boris

Labour should hang their heads in shame for not being able to beat this shower at the last election.

Just for the benefit of our new "friend", even his hero Farage is saying the Tories got this one wrong. Hell, it really must be a poor call :oops:
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:49 am  

User avatarSal Paradise wrote:
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17985
Location: On the road
wrencat1873 wrote:
Had to smile (actually wince) at Nicky Morgan on QT last night, suggesting it was how Labour brought the plan to Parliament that prevented the Tory's supporting it.
You cant condone Angela Raynor for calling her opposition "scum", in Parliament but, despite the language, she was right.

"Levelling up" by keeping the poorest kids hungry - nothing has changed - apart from yet another con job from Boris

Labour should hang their heads in shame for not being able to beat this shower at the last election.

Just for the benefit of our new "friend", even his hero Farage is saying the Tories got this one wrong. Hell, it really must be a poor call :oops:


I think a lot of this comes back to core of taking personal responsibility for your own actions. If you want to have children there has to be an assumption that you do intend to provide for them? Its like Covid - if we want to restrict the infection rate the the general population has to stick to the rules as best as it can.

You can provide food for kids in many ways - and this should be a priority of a civilised society. My view is this is taken out of the hands of the parents so everyone knows these kids are having a substantial meal everyday and the money is not getting used for other purposes. It would also make it efficient and cost effective.

Hopefully this doesn't lead down a slippery slope what is next - clothing, hygiene products etc.
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:19 am  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10253
“If you cannot afford children you shouldn’t have them” I bet your the same type who also thinks abortions are murder.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:20 am  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10253
How embarrassing that once again a footballer is doing BJ’s job for him. Bearing in mind that the Government criticised footballers not too long ago.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,102,27378778,3514,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X