15th Apr 24 20:1116th Apr 24 12:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F : Tue May 11, 2021 6:50 pm  
:CLAP:
Ornery Optimist wrote:
I'm well informed.
It is best not to have a conscious bias or an unconscious bias.
Be a non-binary non-gender specific specimen who is able to be transracial.
Do not speak,even to friends or relations in case another person is offended.
If anyone is really naughty they don't get punished,anyway,because the bleeding hearts don't like the bad people being punished.
If I'm not well - informed it's because I wasn't taught correctly be the ever-changing guidelines made up by people being paid a fortune for continually changing the guidelines.
These are the over-privileged people who have attended universities and can't get proper jobs but just alter semantics to suit their prejudices,biased agenda.
We should all take lessons from the USA the experts on race relations.( I may not be serious here and I am in no way associated with Warrington )
Staying on thread - Maybe Clubb ain't completely in the wrong.
I am now off to study whether Polynesians are more of a persecuted minority than the white folk living in England.
I may be gone for some time.If a university or made up organisation with political motives,or one of those in the USA where one of the females acquires lots of mansions,I am available to take payment...

:CLAP: My sentiments exactly, well put
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1253
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 14 20204 years134th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 22:1215th Apr 24 08:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F : Wed May 12, 2021 7:11 am  
I would also agree and well said sir
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11795No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 13 201014 years79th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 08:5615th Apr 24 19:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F : Wed May 12, 2021 7:56 am  
Least we now know whose stuck in the 1950’s
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1253
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 14 20204 years134th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 22:1215th Apr 24 08:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F : Wed May 12, 2021 8:37 am  
Dont talk stupid,we have a different opinion that is all.Might not suit yours then tough you will have to live with it as other people live with yours.
RankPostsTeam
International Star7181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 21 20149 years288th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Mar 24 19:1715th Oct 23 16:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.

Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F : Wed May 12, 2021 9:15 am  
Willzay wrote:

If you are referring to me,I'm sitting back while statues are being brought down because of a situation long before the 1950's.
I am learning that history is being re-written,and I am learning that some female,leading light of the BLM political activists lot,has now acquired a number of mansions,while many of her fellow USA citizens have the audacity to try and dictate to me how I should think and act.
I don't need to be told.
The slavery situation went on a long time prior to the 1950's.
With the deliberately divisive conduct of the current spokespeople, racial respect is many decades away.
So much for universities,and education,education,education,Mr Blair.
https://mobile.twitter.com/tophertownmu ... 9974553607

Staying on thread - I am sick of so-called adult behaviour.The opportunity for a so-called re-set has been lost.
It gets worse as it goes on.
Sport supposed to take me away from the harsh realities of life.
Having Americans, and academics, dictate from their ivory towers does my plucker in.
I would be grateful if rugby league players could conduct themselves a lot better.
Willzay wrote:

If you are referring to me,I'm sitting back while statues are being brought down because of a situation long before the 1950's.
I am learning that history is being re-written,and I am learning that some female,leading light of the BLM political activists lot,has now acquired a number of mansions,while many of her fellow USA citizens have the audacity to try and dictate to me how I should think and act.
I don't need to be told.
The slavery situation went on a long time prior to the 1950's.
With the deliberately divisive conduct of the current spokespeople, racial respect is many decades away.
So much for universities,and education,education,education,Mr Blair.
https://mobile.twitter.com/tophertownmu ... 9974553607

Staying on thread - I am sick of so-called adult behaviour.The opportunity for a so-called re-set has been lost.
It gets worse as it goes on.
Sport supposed to take me away from the harsh realities of life.
Having Americans, and academics, dictate from their ivory towers does my plucker in.
I would be grateful if rugby league players could conduct themselves a lot better.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2024No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 02 200915 years232nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Jan 22 09:2714th Jan 22 10:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F : Wed May 12, 2021 10:45 am  
So are you saying:

"Maybe Clubb ain't completely in the wrong"

or are you saying

"I would be grateful if rugby league players could conduct themselves a lot better"

as the two don't correlate - unless by that you believe Savelio shouldn't even have raised it as an issue ???
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5385
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 15 200618 years116th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Apr 24 17:386th Apr 24 13:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F : Wed May 12, 2021 10:48 am  
Interestingly enough, there was a late night discussion programme on BBC a few nights ago where a black British gentleman was lambasting a high up lady in the BLM organisation. He was suggesting that the movement was stoking the flames between black & white in America then acting as a type of ambulance chasing protest group.
All very strange.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 200717 years221st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 23 16:277th Mar 23 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????

Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F : Wed May 12, 2021 10:49 am  
What an ignorant point of view expressed above by OO.
Absolutely buying in to an imagined culture war promoted by right wing commentators and politicians to 1/ try to deflect from the racism that still exists today 2/ to deflect attention away from the policies they are pushing through that will have a massive effect on working class people specifically and society as a whole.let’s support Boris protecting statues and ignore everything else he is doing.

BLM started as a protest about black people being killed by white police TODAY not hundred of years ago . Have you seen the videos.

No one is re writing history . The history is the same as it always was it is just that people want a broader view of the history that is told. Not the nice comforting history that we have been told but the uncomfortable history.

Did you see the news yesterday about Ballymurphy where British paratroopers shot dead 10 innocent people 5 months before they killed another 14 in Derry. An unarmed priest holding a white flag giving the last rites to a young man who was dying.

Let’s not talk about that let’s concentrate on Dunkirk and WW2

Those that ignore their history are doomed to repeat it .

Not least when you look at the queens speech yesterday. Introducing legislation that reduces citizens ability to vote, legislation that stops people protesting, legislation that reduces the courts ability to challenge government, introducing legislation that changes how we hold mayoral elections which makes them less democratic. ( There is only one other country in Europe that does not have some PR for elections and that is Belarus). Bringing in ID cards by the back door.
Everyone of those was done by Hitler but let’s not look at what happened in Germany pre 1939 let’s look at the Dunkirk spirit , the Battle of Britain , Vera lynn and waving the Union Jack.

Legislation that will allow the government to make huge cuts to access to the NHS by setting up systems that ration and slow down the provision of services by increasing pathways. (Anyone with an orthopaedic problem will know what I mean with things like the MSK pathway)

These are things you are forgetting about.

In 10 years time when you cannot get a knee replacement (unless you pay privately to jump up a waiting list) will you be saying in 2021 I fought to save a slave owners statue so I don’t mind the fact the NHS was sold out to American third party insurers.

You decide what is more important for you.

Your nostalgic rose tinted view of the world and history or have democracy , an NHS and a society worth living in of which you are proud.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 09 201113 years281st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Nov 23 14:0123rd Mar 23 01:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F : Wed May 12, 2021 11:01 am  
Durham Giant wrote:
So I guess your dad was one of those who voted Labour after the war for social change such as the NHS.

Funny how you think leftists cry if anyone says boo. Yet it was all those leftists fighting against Franco in Spain and the blackshirts on cable street whilst those you support now were busy supporting the fascists

Wakefield Trinity supported Franco?
RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 09 201113 years281st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Nov 23 14:0123rd Mar 23 01:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F : Wed May 12, 2021 11:14 am  
Durham Giant wrote:
What an ignorant point of view expressed above by OO.
Absolutely buying in to an imagined culture war promoted by right wing commentators and politicians to 1/ try to deflect from the racism that still exists today 2/ to deflect attention away from the policies they are pushing through that will have a massive effect on working class people specifically and society as a whole.let’s support Boris protecting statues and ignore everything else he is doing.

BLM started as a protest about black people being killed by white police TODAY not hundred of years ago . Have you seen the videos.

No one is re writing history . The history is the same as it always was it is just that people want a broader view of the history that is told. Not the nice comforting history that we have been told but the uncomfortable history.

Did you see the news yesterday about Ballymurphy where British paratroopers shot dead 10 innocent people 5 months before they killed another 14 in Derry. An unarmed priest holding a white flag giving the last rites to a young man who was dying.

Let’s not talk about that let’s concentrate on Dunkirk and WW2

Those that ignore their history are doomed to repeat it .

Not least when you look at the queens speech yesterday. Introducing legislation that reduces citizens ability to vote, legislation that stops people protesting, legislation that reduces the courts ability to challenge government, introducing legislation that changes how we hold mayoral elections which makes them less democratic. ( There is only one other country in Europe that does not have some PR for elections and that is Belarus). Bringing in ID cards by the back door.
Everyone of those was done by Hitler but let’s not look at what happened in Germany pre 1939 let’s look at the Dunkirk spirit , the Battle of Britain , Vera lynn and waving the Union Jack.

Legislation that will allow the government to make huge cuts to access to the NHS by setting up systems that ration and slow down the provision of services by increasing pathways. (Anyone with an orthopaedic problem will know what I mean with things like the MSK pathway)

These are things you are forgetting about.

In 10 years time when you cannot get a knee replacement (unless you pay privately to jump up a waiting list) will you be saying in 2021 I fought to save a slave owners statue so I don’t mind the fact the NHS was sold out to American third party insurers.

You decide what is more important for you.

Your nostalgic rose tinted view of the world and history or have democracy , an NHS and a society worth living in of which you are proud.

That's an entirely false equivalence. The incidents you speak of either weren't in this country or appalling as they were in (1972), in no way compare to the sacrifice made to secure European civilisation, not once but twice. The same people who fought those wars created the greatest movement for social progress in the world (the Labour movement) leading to the establishment of the NHS you speak of.
PreviousNext