FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Who is going to pay the bill ?
::Off-topic discussion.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200717 years105th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Apr 24 09:5515th Sep 23 10:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Who is going to pay the bill ? : Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:50 am  
Durham Giant wrote:
I would not be defending them if it was a Labour government,

I would prefer taxes on inheritance and higher rate income tax . Not something that disproportionately hits the least well.off

Even vat increases on luxury items. Say 25% on cars over £33 k ?

Paying £1 k extra a year is not half as painful as an extra £130 when you are on £10 k.

Not sure if you've noticed but my reply was aimed directly at Mr Pimpernels quote, therefore in this instance your preferences are just that and nothing more, I'm sure your your thought's on the matter are quite important to you but unfortunately mean very little to me as politics is not a subject dear to my heart, but occasionally I sometimes feel the need to respond to certain criticisms of the government of the day as once again my response was aimed at the man/woman on here with the biggest grievance against Boris and Co.
Last edited by chissitt on Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach753No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200915 years259th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 19:345th Feb 24 13:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
cod face

Re: Who is going to pay the bill ? : Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:50 am  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Try that sentence in English or the closest you can muster because on face value it is a statement due to the fact that some children in the north are to be educated on the old Pacer trains, I agree it is what I posted.

Ah so some children are going to be educated on trains ,what percentage are we talking about ?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200717 years105th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Who is going to pay the bill ? : Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:57 am  
JONNYGIANT wrote:
Ah so some children are going to be educated on trains,what percentage are we talking about ?

He wouldn't know, he would just hope that you would accept was he says as gospel that's how he operates.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach753No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200915 years259th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
cod face

Re: Who is going to pay the bill ? : Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:12 am  
Durham Giant wrote:
I would not be defending them if it was a Labour government,

I would prefer taxes on inheritance and higher rate income tax . Not something that disproportionately hits the least well.off

Even vat increases on luxury items. Say 25% on cars over £33 k ?

Paying £1 k extra a year is not half as painful as an extra £130 when you are on £10 k.

On 10k and getting in work benefits for nothing,can't just tax people because they earn more money ,their tax contributions pay for these in work benefits
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200717 years105th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Who is going to pay the bill ? : Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:31 am  
How can he be your beloved Boris you don’t even vote but yet every post is defending the Conservatives and the PM. I think people would take you more seriously if you backed your stance and voted.
With regards how Labour would have handled the pandemic a lot better than Boris or do you find the number of those that died acceptable and his inability to bring in lockdowns a good strategy. He had experts but for the first five meetings he didn’t even bother to attend because he had far more pressing matters like sorting his divorce out and arranging a baby shower. When he did he decided that herd immunity was the way to go after all he was happy to see the bodies mount up and that it would mainly be those over 80 and they’ve had a good innings. I guess these action are acceptable because it was a pandemic after all plus we had two weeks warning what was coming from Italy but what did he do what he does best nothing.
With regards appearances Michael Foot was constantly ridiculed for his appearance by the press and what crime did Corbin commit that merited the usual papers going into meltdown the fact he had his top button undone. We have Boris with shirts that are bulging, his buttons might be fastened but they look like they could become projectiles at any moment.

I'll let you into a secret shall I squire, he's not my beloved Boris that's put in simply to get up your nose or are you not bright enough to realise that yet? and for what it's worth I don't defend Boris and his cronies and do not comment on their policies and would be surprised if you could show me where I have, I don't talk about politics generally just simply disagree with your constant and tiresome grievances against them, as for people taking me seriously over my stance of not voting, I doubt very much if anybody gives a sheite I know I don't.
Being a dyed in the wool labour fanatic I wouldn't expect you to say anything different than Labour would have made a better job of handling the pandemic, maybe they would who knows apart from you, but like the rest of the underlined stuff of yours show us some proof other than biased conjecture on your part, as for the Corbin ridicule I suppose that's one of the pitfalls of political life it goes with the territory, but does it warrant you to lower your standards to that of the gutter press or is it just another pathetic attempt on your part to add personal insults to what has become a tiresome tirade against him on here.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5116
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years88th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 10:448th Apr 24 12:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Who is going to pay the bill ? : Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:52 am  
I had worked out along time ago the person you were, a man who would disagree with everything because you like to generate discord. That was obvious if you read any of your posts. It must be such a lonely life if what you call fun is trying to be annoying just to generate a response. I at least back up what I believe by going out and voting unlike you who probably just sits at home shouting at the tv.
I now understand why you considered the isolation of being a lorry driver your dream job.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years162nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 09:4212th Jul 23 05:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Mac out!

Re: Who is going to pay the bill ? : Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:01 am  
How can he be your beloved Boris you don’t even vote but yet every post is defending the Conservatives and the PM. I think people would take you more seriously if you backed your stance and voted. With regards how Labour would have handled the pandemic a lot better than Boris or do you find the number of those that died acceptable and his inability to bring in lockdowns a good strategy. He had experts but for the first five meetings he didn’t even bother to attend because he had far more pressing matters like sorting his divorce out and arranging a baby shower. When he did he decided that herd immunity was the way to go after all he was happy to see the bodies mount up and that it would mainly be those over 80 and they’ve had a good innings. I guess these action are acceptable because it was a pandemic after all plus we had two weeks warning what was coming from Italy but what did he do what he does best nothing.
With regards appearances Michael Foot was constantly ridiculed for his appearance by the press and what crime did Corbin commit that merited the usual papers going into meltdown the fact he had his top button undone. We have Boris with shirts that are bulging, his buttons might be fastened but they look like they could become projectiles at any moment.

Is he still part of labour or did the press squeeze him out?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years66th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 23 22:1119th Feb 23 21:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

Re: Who is going to pay the bill ? : Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:09 am  
Could Labour have done better? It is, of course, a dumb question meant to deflect from paying attention to the failings of the massive incompetency of the current government.

However it doesn't take much imagination to think that a party which believes in the power of government to do good things would be better suited to a pandemic which requires the government to mobilise its resources than a party which is intent on squeezing the life out of the public sector, wasted untold billions on disastrous pandemic related private sector contracts and who has pretty much the worst combined economic consequences and death toll of any major country.

But feel free to whatabout away.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach753No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200915 years259th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
cod face

Re: Who is going to pay the bill ? : Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:19 am  
I had worked out along time ago the person you were, a man who would disagree with everything because you like to generate discord. That was obvious if you read any of your posts. It must be such a lonely life if what you call fun is trying to be annoying just to generate a response. I at least back up what I believe by going out and voting unlike you who probably just sits at home shouting at the tv.
I now understand why you considered the isolation of being a lorry driver your dream job.

As opposed to you who with the sounds of it moans and whinges on the terraces of belle vue and comes on here moaning about anything the government does, maybe if you had worked as hard as you moaned you wouldn't be living on a sink estate no :BOW: i
RankPostsTeam
International Star1100No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 201113 years236th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Oct 23 17:392nd Oct 23 14:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Who is going to pay the bill ? : Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:39 am  
You just can’t trust the tories :D

Working class folk voting Tory, you couldn’t make it up, serves them right, lmfao :D :D
PreviousNext