May 02 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Jan 18 23:1311th Jan 18 23:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:11 pm  
Keiththered wrote:
Your anti HKR stance comes through loud and clear. Netherton is not sticking his nose in as his involvement will be on the basis agreed by the clubs. Your coach, I would suspect, has more knowledge about what he can bring to the table than you do.

I am not HKR at all. The Halifax area has one of the best Amateur Clubs producing quantity and Quality in good numbers. Why does somebody like Netherton Need to come in? What do the Amateur Clubs feel about this and Fax have Ambler and Watene already doing Schools work etc. Netherton will be scouting the Halifax Amateur Clubs for HKR to sign thats all.

You speak about "we the fans" but surely you don't think that people who frequent these pages are necessarily representative of fans as a whole.

You say that your club "finally listened to the fans" in the appointment of Richard Marshall and the excellent shirts. These decisions would be made because the BoD felt they were the right ones. The fans, whether the vocal minority or in fact the majority, thinking the same thing would happily be coincidental. If you do genuinely believe that the new coach was appointed because you and the rest of the fans wanted him why do you not then go along with his decision to enter the Partnership. Would he have accepted the post if he was not happy with the arrangement? If so he is not the sort of coach I would want at my club. Apparently Richard Marshall and Chris Chester, who incidentally is a Halifax supporter, sat down and thrashed out the details that they were both happy with. They know each other having played at Halifax together and so would I suspect each be able to speak their mind

When Harrison was released, members of the board mentioned a factor had been the unhappiness of fans and that they had listened to that and gone for a Young up and coming Coach rather than an old experienced one. This partnetship goes further than Dual regs and Coaches agreeing things

Why do you feel Leigh and Fev will not get anywhere in the next five years. Last year's performances by Leigh especially would suggest otherwise. Still only time will tell. It seems to me that saying it may have made you feel better and have been provoked by a touch of jealousy. After all you were talking about two clubs that performed better than you last season and do seem to be progressing as evidenced by their results whereas Halifax, by your own admission, are in somewhat of a decline.

Well for a start the 4 from SL will have far more Money as will Bradford. Leigh did very well last year but ist unlikely that they will move out the Championship unless one of the SL Clubs and/or Bradford make a real mess of things. This System is just spin made to make Championship Clubs feel they have a Chance of getting promoted. The reality is the rich get richer and the Championship Clubs fall further behind.

Other parts of your post are also about your feelings and as fans we all have strong feelings about our club but often they are not based on actual evidence but only on our perceptions. I do agree that your BoD should give more details and then some of your fears may be allayed. I cannot remember at the moment which Pemiership manager it was that said "The manager that listens to the fans will soon be out of a job" but I am sure the same applies to Rugby League coaches.
More BS from you. What the hell has a Coach got to do with a Board listening and talking to its fans got to do with things? The board have and do listen as they now have FAXTV and the fans Forum. The decisions a board make does not mean that a Coach was involved in them discusions or agree with things. Marshall may agree, he may not. But he will do as his Job none the less whether he agrees with the partnership and DRs or not. You know nothing about Halifax RLFC or whats happened or indeed how fans on here or elsewhere feel. So kindly dont post your BS on here and tell us that we should be grateful or happy about this partnership with your Club.

I haven't felt so positive before a season in years.
Positive is Karl has gone and the Club started listening. Marshall comes across as a good Coach. But this Partnership in my opinion, is not a positive and I would like the board/Club to explain or give more details why they felt they needed to go down this route. The Club has lost respect for me. Sharing ideas is OK but why the Need to bring Netherton in? Why the Need for U20s to end? Why the Need to go into partnership with HKR who in unlikely Situation we could be playing in the same league later in the year. So many questions on things but no real answers. Why not mentioned at the fans Forum?
RankPostsTeam
International Star4771
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 05 201113 years97th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Oct 24 22:296th Oct 24 07:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:42 pm  
Keiththered wrote:
Your anti HKR stance comes through loud and clear. Netherton is not sticking his nose in as his involvement will be on the basis agreed by the clubs. Your coach, I would suspect, has more knowledge about what he can bring to the table than you do.

You speak about "we the fans" but surely you don't think that people who frequent these pages are necessarily representative of fans as a whole.

You say that your club "finally listened to the fans" in the appointment of Richard Marshall and the excellent shirts. These decisions would be made because the BoD felt they were the right ones. The fans, whether the vocal minority or in fact the majority, thinking the same thing would happily be coincidental. If you do genuinely believe that the new coach was appointed because you and the rest of the fans wanted him why do you not then go along with his decision to enter the Partnership. Would he have accepted the post if he was not happy with the arrangement? If so he is not the sort of coach I would want at my club. Apparently Richard Marshall and Chris Chester, who incidentally is a Halifax supporter, sat down and thrashed out the details that they were both happy with. They know each other having played at Halifax together and so would I suspect each be able to speak their mind.

Why do you feel Leigh and Fev will not get anywhere in the next five years. Last year's performances by Leigh especially would suggest otherwise. Still only time will tell. It seems to me that saying it may have made you feel better and have been provoked by a touch of jealousy. After all you were talking about two clubs that performed better than you last season and do seem to be progressing as evidenced by their results whereas Halifax, by your own admission, are in somewhat of a decline.

Other parts of your post are also about your feelings and as fans we all have strong feelings about our club but often they are not based on actual evidence but only on our perceptions. I do agree that your BoD should give more details and then some of your fears may be allayed.

I cannot remember at the moment which Pemiership manager it was that said "The manager that listens to the fans will soon be out of a job" but I am sure the same applies to Rugby League coaches.

Keith....Would you accept going DR with Hull FC?
RankPostsTeam
International Star4771
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 05 201113 years97th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Allus do it for Thissen.

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:52 pm  
littlerich wrote:
I can't take anyone's opinion seriously when they say this is the lowest point in the club's 140 year history. That is just an idiotic and overdramatic statement which devalues anything else they write on the subject.

Rich, I love reading your posts and agree with most of them....but not this one. How much lower can you get than selling your soul? Cock & Bottle, Southowram. Holts Two Hoots 4.2 % Mmm!
RankPostsTeam
International Star1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 07 201311 years194th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Apr 24 23:011st Oct 23 15:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:07 pm  
The Lucky Black Cat wrote:
More BS from you. What the hell has a Coach got to do with a Board listening and talking to its fans got to do with things? The board have and do listen as they now have FAXTV and the fans Forum. The decisions a board make does not mean that a Coach was involved in them discusions or agree with things. Marshall may agree, he may not. But he will do as his Job none the less whether he agrees with the partnership and DRs or not. You know nothing about Halifax RLFC or whats happened or indeed how fans on here or elsewhere feel. So kindly dont post your BS on here and tell us that we should be grateful or happy about this partnership with your Club.

I haven't felt so positive before a season in years.
Positive is Karl has gone and the Club started listening. Marshall comes across as a good Coach. But this Partnership in my opinion, is not a positive and I would like the board/Club to explain or give more details why they felt they needed to go down this route. The Club has lost respect for me. Sharing ideas is OK but why the Need to bring Netherton in? Why the Need for U20s to end? Why the Need to go into partnership with HKR who in unlikely Situation we could be playing in the same league later in the year. So many questions on things but no real answers. Why not mentioned at the fans Forum?

I am not saying you should be grateful or happy with the partnership.

You know only what the club puts out plus any tit-bit of information that leaks out. That is the same information that is available to anyone else about your club whether they are a supporter or not. The fact that the board listen to supporters does not mean that they would implement a decision unless it coincides with what they wanted to do anyway. If you think otherwise you are naive. In that Halifax is no different to any other club.

I do know how fans on here feel otherwise there would be no point on them posting would there? The whole point of the Forum is for people to tell others how they feel. I am as equally entitled to post my BS on here as you are. It is a forum about Halifax the club open to members of the R L Fans Forum not a Forum for Halifax supporters. Some on here are anti, some are undecided but prepared to wait and see how things develop whist others seem to be putting a positive slant on things. They are definitely not all in your camp

Again as far as Netherton is concerned I do not have the answer you want. As I understand, his involvement was agreed between the two coaches. I suggest you email your coach.
Last edited by Keiththered on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 07 201311 years194th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Apr 24 23:011st Oct 23 15:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:11 pm  
Hudd-Shay wrote:
Keith....Would you accept going DR with Hull FC?

They would have to be in the Championship for that to happen. Still they did not do too well last year!
RankPostsTeam
International Star792
JoinedServiceReputation
May 05 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Oct 21 14:379th Mar 21 13:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:22 pm  
TLBC, I went to both forums and DR was mentioned at both. Indeed at the first Neil Arbor voiced a very strong opinion against it which some in the room agreed with and others were not so anti. Indeed when it came up at the second meeting Neil made a point of saying he had had a bit of a rethink. So it was mentioned. As regards the U20's my understanding is we couldn't afford to keep it going Marshall mentioned something about keeping some of the talent together as a training squad? Not sure how that will work. I have no link with the Board etc but just wanted to clarify.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 18 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Sep 23 22:0312th Mar 18 18:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
'Fax fan in Stockport: The jewel in the ring of Manchester

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:55 pm  
Hudd-Shay wrote:
Rich, I love reading your posts and agree with most of them....but not this one. How much lower can you get than selling your soul? Cock & Bottle, Southowram. Holts Two Hoots 4.2 % Mmm!

Losing to Cawoods, almost getting relegated AGAIN in 2004, Going cap in hand to RL fans with a bucket appeal; there's far far far worse things have happened than yesterday's announcement. Personally I don't like it. Personally I think it will fizzle out with a whimper after having little or no effect on our overall performance in the next couple of years. For Nat to say that this is the LOWEST point in our 140 year history is THE most ridiculous statement I've ever read. Either he's being a pantomime drama queen or he has no idea of our history whatsoever.

I have no problem at all with people's distaste for this and if people choose to stay away because of it then that's their business. It's their money, it's their choice but when people are making daft statements like the one Nat made then I believe it does a great injustice to those working hard behind the scenes - for nothing, giving up their free time. To say that all this, and what these people are trying to do is the lowest point in our entire history is a complete insult - in my opinion.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 09 200421 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Mar 16 12:035th Mar 16 19:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
kcab sfrawdder

Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity

Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike

SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one
Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it!

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:35 pm  
If as some are requesting, your board do attempt to explain this decision better, they tell it as it is, rather than the garbage our CEO at that time came out with

The truth can hurt, but its better than bull
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2899
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 27 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th May 24 04:5811th Sep 21 22:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:12 pm  
I think some Halifax fans are slightly over estimating their own players/under estimating the Hull KR squad to suggest that there aren't many players that would get into the Halifax team from the roster of full time Super League professionals that Hull KR have.

Obviously not accounting for injuries, every week there will likely be a few pretty good players that don't make the HKR 1st team squad that Chester will offer out to 'fax and Gateshead and despite the chuntering of some Halifax fans I'm very sure that they will be snapped up by your club as and when you need them. If your coach doesn't want them, they'll probably go Gateshead instead I guess. There seems to be a lot of doom and gloom about Dual Reg but it's not the end of your club is it? You won't be known as "Halifax Kingston Rovers" your wont have Red Robin as your theme tune and you won't have Rufus the Robin as your mascot!

For the average fan on the terrace, won't the only noticeable difference be that you sometimes loan players from us?
RankPostsTeam
International Star4771
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 05 201113 years97th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Allus do it for Thissen.

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:19 pm  
littlerich wrote:
Losing to Cawoods, almost getting relegated AGAIN in 2004, Going cap in hand to RL fans with a bucket appeal; there's far far far worse things have happened than yesterday's announcement. Personally I don't like it. Personally I think it will fizzle out with a whimper after having little or no effect on our overall performance in the next couple of years. For Nat to say that this is the LOWEST point in our 140 year history is THE most ridiculous statement I've ever read. Either he's being a pantomime drama queen or he has no idea of our history whatsoever.

I have no problem at all with people's distaste for this and if people choose to stay away because of it then that's their business. It's their money, it's their choice but when people are making daft statements like the one Nat made then I believe it does a great injustice to those working hard behind the scenes - for nothing, giving up their free time. To say that all this, and what these people are trying to do is the lowest point in our entire history is a complete insult - in my opinion.

Yet again a good post Rich especially the part about it ending in a whimper, although I hope it happens in 12 months not 24! But....I stay with Nat. I was there against Cawoods, against York and I've seen the buckets, but nowt is worse than this. Sportsman, shudds. Mallinsons Bravo 4.1 % Mmm!
PreviousNext