FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - council statement.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2572No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Nov 17 09:2313th Nov 17 14:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: council statement. : Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:50 am  
Fax Machine wrote:
That just shows where your main loyalties lie then, doesn't it?

sorry,dont understand ?
Im just a concerned fan.Am i the only one to be worried that we havent
paid rent for 15 months and are 250k in debt.Does this not constitute
a mess ? wheres the money coming from to pay rent that we havent been able
to pay already--are our crowds going to double next year ?
the fact its still outstanding leaves us the subject of deserved redicule.
RankPostsTeam
International Star43No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Feb 15 14:2228th Nov 13 11:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
FCHT fans - saving the future of professional football and rugby league in Halifax

Re: council statement. : Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:28 pm  
The Lucky Black Cat wrote:
I would class atleast once a month as regular. The Calderdale population is just over 200,000.
3% of 200,000 = 6,000. I very much doubt 6,000 people who live in Calderdale have been to the Shay since january 1st except for maybe yesterday. Even for people who do follow Fax/Town, many dont live in Calderdale. I know a number of Fax fans that live in Kirklees, Bradford/Keighley, Leeds, Lancashire/Manchester etc. I very much doubt that more than a couple of hundred people who live in Calderdale have played at the 5 a side in 2013. And its highly unlikely thousand of locals have been to The Shay for a function in the past couple of months. And what amateur finals have been played at The Shay in 2013?

The library is used by schools tohelp them learn to read and it also holds local public archives. Also the internet as well as other facilities are available at the library. It serves a far wider part of the community than what you may think. The library also hosts many help and support groups. But luddites like yourself ignore this. :CRAZY:

What about the swimming baths?
Your blind selfishness helps you to ignore the important role that swimming baths have. Many Schools get kids their and help them learn to swim. Something that may save their lives one day. How can you put a price on that? The Swimming baths are more than just a swimming pool but offer other sporting facilities and are again used by many people from Schools to elderly groups to pregnancy groups. But just ignore the important role they play as clearly Halifax Town are far more important! :CRAZY:

The Theatre has hosted many events and caters for people from all backgrounds. From Music concerts to comedians to pantomimes. The theatre offers many things to the local population and its typical of luddites to fail to see what the Victoria Theatre offers.

As usual you luddites like to think you know everything even what Fax fans think. I dont know of one Fax fan who has said that TA should take over The Shay without certain conditions being met. Many like myself would have liked a bit more info. Its clear the shay under the Council will get along with the bare minimum invested. The Shay already has a very old stand which is falling quickly into mess. 2 stands have capacity reduced. The Shay needs outside investment for it to be a modern stadium and have modern facilities so that far more people as currently to use it for far more different reasons. Its only the short sighted and blind luddites that fail to see this. Town fans will never do whats best for the Stadium only for their small backwards thoughts and are happy to live in the past in a fast decaying stadium.

:lol: What a joke - were you spouting this nonsense 7 years ago when we marched on the Town Hall together to protest against private ownership?

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

If you deluded fools would take a break from using the words 'neanderthals' and 'luddites' at every possible opportunity (because it really really hurts when you say such nasty things) and actually look at the situation you would see how obvious it is that the only reason you backed this bid is because it was Tony Abbott.

Despite the obvious and real risk to your club should this deceitful spin king get his grubby mitts on The Shay you are blinded by your undying love for this man.

T Hall has talked some sense in voicing his concerns and is getting shot down. The disregard you have for your club is shocking.

As for the rent :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: keep kidding yourself that all is well and/or brushing it under the carpet. Keep telling yourselves that being £250k in the red is not of your concern. It goes hand-in-hand with your disregard for the club's future security anyway.

Fact is, you hate your club.

Whilst on the subject of rent, funny how the 'agreement' you had with the council was for Reactiv to add the rent arrears onto any purchase. Why would the rugby club's debts be included within Reactiv's negotiations - it's not HRLFC buying The Shay is it?????

Perhaps The Shay needs outside investment of some kind. All opportunities should be explored. What we most definitely should not do is sell for tuppence to a southern spin king who comes forward with a 'vision' and a mortgage.

Cloud Cuckoo Land is simply a short stop-off on the way to where you guys belong, such are your levels of naivity and delusion.

The FCHT fans have done a fantastic job of saving your club and will ALWAYS do what is best for The Shay. It's just a shame our cultist co-tenants couldn't care less about anything other than Abbott's balance sheet.

Remember kids:

:SHHH: :SHHH: :SHHH: :SHHH: :SHHH:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4914
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 19 200915 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Jan 24 13:226th Aug 23 09:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
been around here long time, thought would start posting...........

Re: council statement. : Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:41 pm  
mr t hall wrote:
sorry,dont understand ?

agree, pay the rent and then let those find something else to moan about.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4064
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 23 200222 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Aug 24 14:4523rd Dec 23 22:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: council statement. : Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:52 pm  
mr t hall wrote:
sorry,dont understand ?

But you are just listening to the bile spewed out constantly by the FCHT maggots. By that I do not mean all FCHT fans but just the minority who post on Shaymen.net. Being a FCHT fan (as well as a Fax fan) you seem to give them more credence than the rest of us.

1. The accounts which keep being posted are up to November 2012, a year old.

2. Since then TA/Reactiv have invested £60,000 in December 2012 and a further £100,000 in July 2013.

3. The club , I believe, has since last year trimmed it's playing budget due to the current financial climate and the subsequent drop in attendances.

4. If you look at the total liabilities of the club and it's net worth for 2009 to 2012 you will see that the debt has actually gone down year by year, not by much I grant you, but I would be more concerned if it was increasing year on year.

5. I may be wrong but I think there may be more to the rent issue than meets the eye because, firstly, I can't see the club just not bothering to pay CMBC for such a long period of time and, secondly, I can't see CMBC letting them get away with it.

6. Yes, the club COULD now be further in the red. I doubt it myself but I concern myself more with the team's performance than the club's balance sheet which is down to the club's Directors and beyond my control.

I know that a number of FCHT fans would love to see Halifax RLFC go out of business but we've just celebrated our 140th Anniversary and I suspect we'll be around for a long time yet.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2572No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Nov 17 09:2313th Nov 17 14:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: council statement. : Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:22 pm  
Fax Machine wrote:
But you are just listening to the bile spewed out constantly by the FCHT maggots. By that I do not mean all FCHT fans but just the minority who post on Shaymen.net. Being a FCHT fan (as well as a Fax fan) you seem to give them more credence than the rest of us.

1. The accounts which keep being posted are up to November 2012, a year old.

2. Since then TA/Reactiv have invested £60,000 in December 2012 and a further £100,000 in July 2013.

3. The club , I believe, has since last year trimmed it's playing budget due to the current financial climate and the subsequent drop in attendances.

4. If you look at the total liabilities of the club and it's net worth for 2009 to 2012 you will see that the debt has actually gone down year by year, not by much I grant you, but I would be more concerned if it was increasing year on year.

5. I may be wrong but I think there may be more to the rent issue than meets the eye because, firstly, I can't see the club just not bothering to pay CMBC for such a long period of time and, secondly, I can't see CMBC letting them get away with it.

6. Yes, the club COULD now be further in the red. I doubt it myself but I concern myself more with the team's performance than the club's balance sheet which is down to the club's Directors and beyond my control.

I know that a number of FCHT fans would love to see Halifax RLFC go out of business but we've just celebrated our 140th Anniversary and I suspect we'll be around for a long time yet.

good post and i hope what you suspect turns out to be fact.We have agreed on fax matters several
times before but when it comes to loyalty mine is divided unlike most posters on both sites.I do always
post my personal feelings,not others bile,i accept im sometimes in a minority of myself.The flak that
each club receives from each other makes me smile and be angry in equal proportions.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4064
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 23 200222 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Aug 24 14:4523rd Dec 23 22:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: council statement. : Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:45 pm  
mr t hall wrote:
good post and i hope what you suspect turns out to be fact.We have agreed on fax matters several
times before but when it comes to loyalty mine is divided unlike most posters on both sites.I do always
post my personal feelings,not others bile,i accept im sometimes in a minority of myself.The flak that
each club receives from each other makes me smile and be angry in equal proportions.

I accept that it can't be easy being a supporter of both clubs and having to divide your loyalties. I myself have no interest in football whatsoever having been brought up on RL and attending a school which only played Rugby (unfortunately the other type :evil: )

Having said that I appreciate that it's each to his own and I always check FCHT's results as I like to see anything to do with Halifax succeed. I've always said that, had I been into football, I would have supported my local team and it always saddens me to see how many Halifax people support Leeds, Manchester etc. There are some in Halifax who support Bulls, Rhinos etc but not to the same extent as we do tend to be more colloquial in RL.

I suspect the divides between FCHT and Fax are now too wide to ever be bridged which is a shame as it is a hindrance to the success of both clubs.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 19 200223 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Dec 20 21:5720th Oct 19 12:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: council statement. : Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:54 pm  
I requested under the Freedom of Info act the same rent question issue several weeks ago too. In the hope that I'd catch those Town numpties out.... Anyway it took a few weeks to get the necessary response but had it confirmed that we are in arrears on the rent and the amount was for period Sept 2012 - Oct 2013. Now it may be that we pay 12 months at a time but this needs putting to bed once and for all as its in the domain that we haven't paid our rent which is slightly worrying.....!
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4565
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years62nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Oct 24 20:139th Oct 24 10:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: council statement. : Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:40 pm  
I agree it does.

Not wanting to be out of order here and if I am I apologise in advance.

At the recent players gathering according to KH everyone was there.

The players, coaching staff and directors.

The history and tradition of the club was spoken about, the ambitions and what was expected of each of them present was made crystal clear, to represent the club in the highest possible way.

This talk about rent arrears now seems to becoming more than a financial issue, it is being used to heap reproach on the club by people from the outside and is causing concern to some inside.

It is an issue that could be bringing the integrity of the club into question.

Not a situation anyone connected with the club would want if it can be avoided.

Can someone from the club please put this to bed once and for all if at all possible.
Last edited by faxcar on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 22 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Mar 19 22:2225th Nov 18 21:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: council statement. : Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:44 pm  
SuperGeoff wrote:
How much did the club put in?

If your rent as paid the council would be able to put that money into the Shay.

I am not sure how much was put in its around 15 years ago but John Burnett ex Halifax RLFC player was the driver behind it all.
You know what you have just done what you are saying Tony Abbott is doing and putting 'spin' on what I said, you and Bubba are just as guilty like why has Bubba not answered my reasonable question about how many fans are members of the Halifax Town Supporters Trust?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Jan 18 23:1311th Jan 18 23:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: council statement. : Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:53 pm  
If you deluded fools would take a break from using the words 'neanderthals' and 'luddites' at every possible opportunity (because it really really hurts when you say such nasty things) and actually look at the situation you would see how obvious it is that the only reason you backed this bid is because it was Tony Abbott.

Dont like the term "Luddite" and "Neanderthal" then dont come on a forum where you have NO interest in Fax. I dont go posting and winding up people on your forum and I havent seen a Fax fan do that. A couple of Fax fans use your forum but not to post drivel like you do. The sooner scumbags like you stop trying to be keyboard warriors and coming out with BS like we hate our club then maybe I would have more respect for you and your pubteam

Maybe you and your luddite friends are too stupid or thick to read and understand what many of us Fax fans post. I have never said TA should just take over the Shay. I have said certain conditions need to be met and that ensures the rugby club will never be forced to leave the shay against their will. I have said the Council is financially in a mess and needs to save money. Sooner or later The Shay will be sold. I dont agree with the Council cutting services to children and the elderly and keeping The Shay that is rarely used by the vast majority of the people in Calderdale. The Shay needs investment and needs redevloping. Its clear the Council doesnt have that money and cheap options are always done which often dont work- the drainage of the pitch for example. The Council can afford to run the shay- but any major problems and the problem gets worse. TA is no knight in shining armour and I have questions. But I am of the opinion that for The Shay to sort its problems out and be used far more than it is then its better under TA IF he meets certain conditions than under the council

Bubba and Halifax Town are people I wouldnt trust. Bubba doesnt have a great record and many Town fans rounded on him after the Trust fiasco. He also is somebody who is like a politician with the hypocrisy he comes out with. As for your own club, many of your fans are not happy with them and you never hear about whats going on according to some of your fans. On one hand you Luddites say The Council should run the Shay- then criticize the people running it. You were not so Council friendly when the games were getting postponed due to the state of the Pitch. I wouldnt trust the Council anymore than I do TA. And when the Council do sell the shay it could be to anybody. Somebody who has NO interest in either club or even the area
PreviousNext