FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - council statement.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2714No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 03 200619 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Sep 19 09:3118th Aug 19 15:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: council statement. : Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:08 pm  
The Lucky Black Cat wrote:
Dont like the term "Luddite" and "Neanderthal" then dont come on a forum where you have NO interest in Fax. I dont go posting and winding up people on your forum and I havent seen a Fax fan do that. A couple of Fax fans use your forum but not to post drivel like you do. The sooner scumbags like you stop trying to be keyboard warriors and coming out with BS like we hate our club then maybe I would have more respect for you and your pubteam

Maybe you and your luddite friends are too stupid or thick to read and understand what many of us Fax fans post. I have never said TA should just take over the Shay. I have said certain conditions need to be met and that ensures the rugby club will never be forced to leave the shay against their will. I have said the Council is financially in a mess and needs to save money. Sooner or later The Shay will be sold. I dont agree with the Council cutting services to children and the elderly and keeping The Shay that is rarely used by the vast majority of the people in Calderdale. The Shay needs investment and needs redevloping. Its clear the Council doesnt have that money and cheap options are always done which often dont work- the drainage of the pitch for example. The Council can afford to run the shay- but any major problems and the problem gets worse. TA is no knight in shining armour and I have questions. But I am of the opinion that for The Shay to sort its problems out and be used far more than it is then its better under TA IF he meets certain conditions than under the council

Bubba and Halifax Town are people I wouldnt trust. Bubba doesnt have a great record and many Town fans rounded on him after the Trust fiasco. He also is somebody who is like a politician with the hypocrisy he comes out with. As for your own club, many of your fans are not happy with them and you never hear about whats going on according to some of your fans. On one hand you Luddites say The Council should run the Shay- then criticize the people running it. You were not so Council friendly when the games were getting postponed due to the state of the Pitch. I wouldnt trust the Council anymore than I do TA. And when the Council do sell the shay it could be to anybody. Somebody who has NO interest in either club or even the area

What he said.

Bored with them now, I'm happy to wait and see.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Mar 17 06:4010th Feb 17 18:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death.

The weekend starts on a Monday.

Re: council statement. : Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:28 pm  
Check this story and the first comment by a moron calling himself More proof telling for you.

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/f ... -1-6238850

This cretin first appeared as proofteller and because of his downright vitriolic attacks on Fax was banned, he came back as more proofteller, was banned and came back as more prooftelling was banned and has surfaced again in his latest guise.

This proves what we are up against, he constantly portrays his hatred of Fax and Mr Abbott.
Bearing in mind that all comments issued by these Luddites/Neanderthals have to go before Chairman bubber/suppergeoff and a panel of bubberites it shows the level of amoeba we are dealing with.
:DOH:

I must point out that I wish no disrespect to amoeba.

:DANCE:
Check this story and the first comment by a moron calling himself More proof telling for you.

This cretin first appeared as proofteller and because of his downright vitriolic attacks on Fax was banned, he came back as more proofteller, was banned and came back as more prooftelling was banned and has surfaced again in his latest guise.

This proves what we are up against, he constantly portrays his hatred of Fax and Mr Abbott.
Bearing in mind that all comments issued by these Luddites/Neanderthals have to go before Chairman bubber/suppergeoff and a panel of bubberites it shows the level of amoeba we are dealing with.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4064
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 23 200222 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Aug 24 14:4523rd Dec 23 22:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: council statement. : Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:05 pm  
halifaxjohn wrote:

Sorry but I can't see what you're getting at here. I know the guy's a total w****r but this particular post seems harmless enough. Unless you posted the wrong link. :?
halifaxjohn wrote:

Sorry but I can't see what you're getting at here. I know the guy's a total w****r but this particular post seems harmless enough. Unless you posted the wrong link. :?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2714No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 03 200619 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Sep 19 09:3118th Aug 19 15:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: council statement. : Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:13 pm  
Fax Machine wrote:

Yep, wrong link, probably should have been

http://m.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/fc- ... -1-6235973
Fax Machine wrote:

Yep, wrong link, probably should have been

http://m.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/fc- ... -1-6235973
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4064
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 23 200222 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Aug 24 14:4523rd Dec 23 22:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: council statement. : Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:21 pm  
spanishbob wrote:
What he said.

Bored with them now, I'm happy to wait and see.

Me too. I think it's time that a block was put on the trolls who only come on here to stir up trouble.

After all we all come on this forum primarily to discuss Halifax RLFC and "The Greatest Game" in general.

The problem is that on this forum you can register and start posting virtually straight away. On Shaymen.net you have to register and then go before Bubba's Star Chamber before you can post (although I really can't see why you'd want to)
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: council statement. : Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:19 pm  
Fax Machine wrote:

Yes thank to you and spanish bob.
http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/f ... -1-6235973

If you check out all the stories in the courier about Town and Fax you will see what I mean.
The guy actually works for Tesco's in King Cross he collects the trolleys. That is Fact.
If you check out his song it relates to Halifax Town, nothing to do with FC Halifax, it's like us singing about Bluesox.
:lol:
Fax Machine wrote:

If you check out all the stories in the courier about Town and Fax you will see what I mean.
The guy actually works for Tesco's in King Cross he collects the trolleys. That is Fact.
If you check out his song it relates to Halifax Town, nothing to do with FC Halifax, it's like us singing about Bluesox.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9503
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200520 years53rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Oct 24 18:349th Oct 24 18:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: council statement. : Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:19 pm  
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2572No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Nov 17 09:2313th Nov 17 14:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: council statement. : Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:33 pm  
halifaxjohn wrote:

There was a bluesox track issued on cd--anyone remember ?
it went na na na na na bluesox or similar.surprised it never
caught on ;)
BTW John Tommy Degnan's classic shaymen song is timeless and
FCHT fans dont view there history as an embarrassment like we
do the bluesox tag.
halifaxjohn wrote:

caught on ;)
do the bluesox tag.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: council statement. : Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:02 pm  
mr t hall wrote:
caught on ;)
do the bluesox tag.

Like YOU do the bluesox tag!
I love every bit of history of my club.
RankPostsTeam
International Star43No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Feb 15 14:2228th Nov 13 11:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
FCHT fans - saving the future of professional football and rugby league in Halifax

Re: council statement. : Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:57 pm  
The Lucky Black Cat wrote:
Maybe you and your luddite friends are too stupid or thick to read and understand what many of us Fax fans post. I have never said TA should just take over the Shay. I have said certain conditions need to be met and that ensures the rugby club will never be forced to leave the shay against their will. I have said the Council is financially in a mess and needs to save money.

Stupid or thick? Don't they amount to the same thing? Oh the irony.

Certain conditions? Such as covenants that can be circumnavigated if necessary? Do you really think that if Tony's plans go pear shaped, or he loses interest, or he passes away, or his company has a change of leadership with a different vision, or he sells to any old random in future etc etc there would be no risk at all because of some convenants or conditions in the original purchase? Convenants such as that which was on Thrum Hall?

Conditions, restrictions, covenants etc mean nothing. By hook or by crook, Abbott or his successors or future owners would find a way if they so desired.

Were you at the public meeting with Abbott? If so you'll recall Abbott being asked to give a guarantee that if his plans go wrong, the staduim and the clubs will not be affected i.e. The Shay will always be a sports stadium and the club's will always be able to play there.

His reply (after a certain amount of spin and 10000000000% promises of his best endeavours) was "I can't give you a guarantee".

Surely if such restrictions were possible then, as the concerned tax payer you make out to be, you would rather The Shay be sold with the same restrictions but for the highest price legally possible (taking into account EU State Aid rules, for example)?

Why in 2005 when the Council wanted to sell The Shay were you marching with us against private ownership and demanding tax payer investment instead? All talk of any 'restrictions' you talk of were brushed aside as not worth the paper they're written on.

Hypocrisy. Pure and Simple. It is so obvious that the reason Fax fans are behind the bid is because it's Abbott. There is no other explanation.

chris_smith wrote:
I requested under the Freedom of Info act the same rent question issue several weeks ago too. In the hope that I'd catch those Town numpties out.... Anyway it took a few weeks to get the necessary response but had it confirmed that we are in arrears on the rent and the amount was for period Sept 2012 - Oct 2013. Now it may be that we pay 12 months at a time but this needs putting to bed once and for all as its in the domain that we haven't paid our rent which is slightly worrying.....!

You are right to be worried. For a start, it wouldn't be called 'arrears' if you paid 12 months at a time and you were up to date.

Secondly, Abbott confirmed at the public meeting that the rent arrears were to be effectively 'tagged on' to the purchase of The Shay. Which is funny, because why would Halifax RLFC's rent be included in the negotiations for Reactiv to buy The Shay? After all, it's not Halifax RLFC who are buying The Shay is it?????? It's a separate issue isn't it?????

:SHHH: :SHHH: :SHHH: :SHHH:
PreviousNext