JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 04 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jul 15 09:2723rd Apr 15 08:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
FAILURE ISN'T ABOUT FALLING DOWN, FAILURE IS STAYING DOWN..........

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:24 am  
My first visit to the Faxfans messageboard for a couple of weeks & it appears i haven't missed much at all, things going smoothly, nice & quiet into the new season semmeingly.

A couple of facts:

Around eight years ago, King Cross Park U12's won the Yorkshire cup.
None of the kids in that squad play for Halifax nowadays - current age 19/20.

Around four years ago, Siddal U16's won the Yorkshire cup.
As far as I'm aware, none of the kids in that squad other than Mac Higgins & Joe Martin ( who both incidently went to Gateshead last season on loan - Coincidence ? ) play for Halifax nowadays - current age 19/20.

FEAR NOT THOUGH, because Siddal U12's recently won the Yorkshire cup - Jason Netherton please take note, the postcode
for REACTIV park, Siddal is HX3 9EW. See this snippet of advice as development of the little "round ROBIN of clubs" of Hull KR, Halifax & Gateshead, a christmas gift from me to you my friend.

There, got that off my chest, did someone mention development of talent ?

Anyway, i was really looking forward to purchasing a mini-season ticket booklet of four games for £60 but i wouldn't know what to do with the spare ticket after using one each for Fev, Leigh & Bradford games so i probably won't bother with that, but i think it's a great idea, well done those who thought it up.

The two new shirts - FANTASTIC designs & colours both. Back to traditional club colours & design, liking those a lot but since the dual-reg announcement i can't help feel that the timing of the red & white strip is all part of this current programme, shame 'cos I would have had both of these items but sadly not now.

New coach & assistant - Both players of decent standard, talent & honesty from what i watched, good luck to both in their roles at Fax, if their playing calibre is transferred into coaching they'll both be good 'uns & from what i'm hearing the training sessions are very much attacking focussed. HOORAH :-)

So, it's Boxing day morning - GAME DAY, oh, hang on a minute...
For whatever reason, a fixture of any sort couldn't be arranged on Boxing day, i'd like to know why though, i would even have travelled to an away fixture if it meant the Shay is unavailable due to footy commitments, but no, not as i understand today's fixture lists of either sport. So once again it's Elland Rd for Leeds Utd v Wigan Latics for me & son No 2, who just to keep some of my friends up to date with his career in RL having been part of the two teams at the top of this list, and a former employee of the Halifax club as a reserve player is having a great time playing in south-west France for La Reole X111, Boxing day without one of your favourite teams to cheer on, it's just not cricket !

We had a great christmas day family gathering & my only RL related gift ( and i believe fellow poster & son No 1 Greetland8 also received a similar item ) this year was a La Reole training top, which was a lovely surprise, and for those fellow posters/friends/lurkers on Faxfans who aren't fellow Facebook friends of mine, i had the iconic Bluesox tattoo covered up very nicely done this week too, ironically with a Marillion artistic piece of an old song called "Assassing" which i'm very pleased with. Assassing indeed, assassinated would be more appropriate given this thread of dual reg.

Merry christmas to all my friends & former colleagues at Halifax RLFC, i'm absolutely certain this decision was taken with the best interest of the club & it's future at heart. Maybe some of those decison makers have been at the club too long, I hope to see some of you when the better weather is among us, season's greetings from an old friend.

I sincerely hope that this all works out for the good, if it fails, well, where next ?
RankPostsTeam
Moderator2575No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 18 200321 years287th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Oct 24 19:264th Oct 24 18:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Let only those who enter do so with pride and the determination to uphold the traditions of the club".

//www.FaxFans.co.uk
//www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk

Halifax Tag RL. Interested in playing? Visit //www.pitchero.com/clubs/halifaxcommunityrugbyleague/

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:06 pm  
When people read and believe all these statements from the club about "RM will choose" "On Halifax's terms" etc. Just ask yourself; What is in it for Hull KR if those statements are true?
They haven't gone into this arrangement purely to help ourselves!
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4565
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years64th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Oct 24 19:169th Oct 24 10:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:02 pm  
Nat (Rugby_Aholic) wrote:
When people read and believe all these statements from the club about "RM will choose" "On Halifax's terms" etc. Just ask yourself; What is in it for Hull KR if those statements are true?
They haven't gone into this arrangement purely to help ourselves!

Think it through.

At club level.

Some of those reading and hearing what RM is saying about this will be the very people from HKR who he sat down with, just ask yourself if he was not telling the truth how do think they would feel about working with a liar!!!!

What sort of relationship could they possibly have.

What is in it for HKR if this were the case, it would be dead in the water in an instant.

At a individual level.

What would that do for a persons reputation, think about what is being implied about some ones professional integrity, RM would not even be at Fax if it involved compromising his, what sort of person do we think he is?

It's on Halifax terms in the sense that RM will pick his team from all the players he has available, if any of them are from HKR it will be because he picked them not because HKR said he must pick them. How hard is that to accept and understand.

There is a lot more to this arrangement than just players and team selection which has been mutually agreed and will last as long as both parties want it to.

If anyone wants to know what is in it for HKR read what they are saying about it, their CEO Mike Smith has said what's in it for them.

As regards what they think about Halifax and RM he says this.

"There is a fantastic setup at Halifax and in Richard Marshal they have a talented young coach who has proven his abilities in the recent England Academy series.
We have no doubt they will provide a terrific environment for young players to continue their development."
End.

Obviously on the playing front they see some of their younger players benefitting from RM's coaching which is a complement to him.
Whether any of them get picked or not is down to him and clearly they think a lot more about him than others are doing.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator2575No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 18 200321 years287th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Oct 24 19:264th Oct 24 18:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Let only those who enter do so with pride and the determination to uphold the traditions of the club".

//www.FaxFans.co.uk
//www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk

Halifax Tag RL. Interested in playing? Visit //www.pitchero.com/clubs/halifaxcommunityrugbyleague/

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:32 pm  
Sigh..

"Leigh Centurions are thrilled to announce an official partnership with Wigan Warriors. The partnership will benefit both clubs and the region in delivering rugby league across the Borough and in particular providing junior league players with the opportunity to develop enabling them to compete at the highest level. The partnership provides an exciting opportunity to both clubs to deliver rugby league across the Borough from grass roots to elite level. It provides an opportunity for the clubs to work across all departments from the community foundations to the performance departments.

The partnership came into being following the announcement of the Championship clubs Leigh, Featherstone, Halifax and Sheffield, agreeing a memorandum of understanding regarding the dual registration system and how it should be implemented. The Championship clubs feel very strongly that the dual registration should be utilised for the benefit of providing junior elite players an opportunity to perform in a Championship environment to develop their skills to enable them to achieve their ultimate aim of competing at Super League level.

The level of commitment from Wigan has been impressive and certainly Leigh Centurions will benefit considerably with sharing the best practices adopted by Wigan enabling both clubs to develop a range of strategies both on and off the field which will ensure that the region remains one of the primary areas for rugby league in the country.

Wigan agreeing to adopt the memorandum of understanding with Leigh means that we will be able to concentrate on developing the young players, Leigh will be able to benefit from the significant support and assistance in key areas such as sports science, coaching, medical support.

Keith Freer, Chairman of Leigh Centurions commented;

“This is an absolute fantastic opportunity, here at Leigh we have some of the best facilities in rugby league and now we are in partnership with one of the biggest names in the sport which enables Leigh to develop and strengthen to achieve our ultimate goal of being in the Super League at the earliest opportunity. It does not in any way adversely affect the independence of the Centurions, if anything it enhances our independence and our ability to compete. I must thank both Ian Lenagan and Kris Radlinski in agreeing to the terms of the partnership that enabled both clubs to make this commitment to the young players in our region.”

Wigan Warriors Rugby General Manager, Kris Radlinski said;

“I see this as a real chance for both clubs to work together for the benefit of rugby league across the Borough of Wigan, as a Club we can benefit in a number of ways which includes the opportunity for some of our players to gain vital first team football at Championship level. For Leigh this provides an enhanced squad for them to choose from with up to 5 players at any one time available via the dual registration or through the loan system format. Leigh has a great position within the game and both parties are keen to ensure each Club still retains its individual structures and identity.”

The agreement in more detail - The following text comes straight from the original document of the agreement, and the purpose of it's publication is to explain exactly what this agreement is about, and also what it is not about.

General Principles

The partnership is fundamentally to develop a joined up approach to the delivery of Rugby League across the borough of Wigan and Leigh from Grass Roots to Elite Level. This will cross all working departments of the two clubs from the community foundations to the performance departments. The idea of the partnership is to ensure that the whole community receives the very best in terms of community and Rugby League Development ensuring that the region is a leading light in these areas.

Purpose of Dual Registration

The purpose for both clubs is to provide junior elite players with the opportunity to perform in a championship environment in order to develop them for the benefit of all parties involved. The partnership approach will be one which focuses on all parties controlling the destiny of the relationship by ensuring that the player, the super league club and importantly the championship club have a joined up approach to the allocation and development of players.

General Points for Guidance

Playing opportunities will be offered for up to 5 players via a Dual Registration or Loan System Format. The preferred option would be to loan the players on a long term basis and there is an understanding between the two clubs that in reality only a maximum of 4 players will play each week.
2. All players that will be considered for this approach will be chosen by both clubs involved and each individual case will be decided by mutual consent.
3. All Players will maintain their primary registration with the Super League Clubs.
4. All Players will be under the age of 23 on 31st August 2012.
5. The clubs will agree on a player by player basis the financial amount for each player on both a loan and dual registration basis.
6. All Dual Registration and Loan Agreement players will only be eligible to play in The Play Off or Challenge Cup System if they meet the eligibility criteria as per RFL regulations and if agreed by all parties.
7. Leigh will provide suitable Medical attention for all players prior to, during and after games in consultation with the Wigan Warriors medical department.
8. Leigh will provide videos of all the games 24 hrs after the event to the Head of Youth.

Benefits of the Partnership

1. A joined up approach to the allocation and development of Elite Junior Players across our Geographical Area.
2. A fully integrated system that puts the best interest of all parties at the forefront of all decisions made.
3. An opportunity for all members of both clubs to gain valuable CPD opportunities across all departments within each club.
4. Support and assistance in all aspects of performance including coaching, sports science and medical support.
5. Provides an Opportunity to link up at a community and service area delivery level to assist the development of the game in the local community
6. Possibility of both clubs utilising shared facilities to accommodate the needs and demands of players within both organisations.
7. Possibility of both squads running joint field sessions at various points throughout the year as agreed by both parties.
8. Possibility of coaching staff working together on the delivery of designated coaching sessions throughout the year as agreed by both parties.

What the Partnership is not About

1. Removing the identity or credibility of either club.
2. A one sided approach to the allocation of Super League players within the championship environment
3. The De Registration of Contracted Players to enable competitive opportunities for designated players.
4. Providing a short term environment for returning Super League Players.
5. Replacing the participating clubs current playing structure.

Vision

To provide a genuine partnership approach to the development of Junior Elite Players, in a competitive environment, whilst providing equal benefits to all parties, thus creating a flag ship approach which the game can follow."

Sound familiar...

"Featherstone Rovers can confirm that the club has signed a dual-registration agreement with local Super League neighbours Wakefield Wildcats. The dual-registration system was initially implemented in 2012 with the current dual-registration system being introduced in 2013. The system is designed to complement the tradition player loan system.
Since its inception, this is the first time Featherstone Rovers has signed an agreement with a Super League club. At this moment in time the club feels that a link with Wakefield Wildcats will give Featherstone Rovers an improved chance of realising the club's ambitions of returning to the top flight of the sport. Management at the club feel that in 2014 it is imperative that we meet our long-term strategic objectives of finishing in the top two places of Kingstone Press Championship. This will enable the Featherstone Rovers to plan for the competition structure changes that are being implemented from 2015 which the club fully supports.
Featherstone Rovers already has a strong relationship with Wakefield Wildcats off the field between club officials. On the field the club benefitted from long-term loan agreements in 2013 of Vince Mellors and Frankie Mariano which assisted in Rovers finishing top of the Kingstone Press Championship for the fourth successive season. Current Featherstone Rovers star Andy Ellis, who was man of the match at the weekend's victory at Sheffield Eagles, also previously joined the club through a loan agreement from Wakefield Wildcats before signing for the club permanently.
Explaining the decision to go into an agreement with Wakefield Wildcats, Featherstone Rovers Chief Executive Craig Poskitt said "We have a good relationship with Wakefield Wildcats and this agreement will be of benefit to both clubs. Sometimes a formal loan agreement is not suitable for either club or the player. In its simplest form, the dual-registration system is a different mechanism of loaning a player. As said in the past, the club stance is that we feel that the system is not one that we fully support but at this moment in time and the ambitions of the club, it is a route in the short term that we feel will benefit Featherstone Rovers in the long term. Supporters will not see a high rotation of players like other clubs in the Championship have seen but we felt the flexibility of the system will be of benefit to us for what we want to achieve in 2014 and beyond."
Wakefield Wildcats back row forward Chris Annakin appeared for Featherstone Rovers in the victory at Sheffield Eagles on Sunday and was a key component in ensuring three points as we bounced back to winning ways under the leadership of Interim Head Coach Danny Evans."

How are those dual reg agreements going now?
The exact same statements have been released for every dual reg agreement and every one of those agreements have worked against the Championship club before being terminated.
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4565
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years64th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:18 pm  
Leigh and Fev seem to be doing okay last time I looked and certainly no worse than they were before they entered into those agreements.

No one is disputing the down side of DR and the preference not to go down that road, the difference is though that Fax having done so saying it gives them the best options to compete next season have some saying they are lying about it.

For all the down sides to DR and no matter how much someone dislikes it they don't warrant this, that's the point I am making.

How is it going to work against Fax, because it is not the offloading of players from HKR who are needing game time after an injury or others that we must play when they say so.
Again RM will pick his team, no one else and if and when it stops working they will terminate it.

It down to options and choices and the alternative seems to be hanging on alone and falling further adrift from our rivals, how would that go down with the Fax faithful?
RankPostsTeam
International Star4771
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 05 201113 years98th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Oct 24 22:296th Oct 24 07:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:49 pm  
faxcar wrote:
Leigh and Fev seem to be doing okay last time I looked and certainly no worse than they were before they entered into those agreements.

No one is disputing the down side of DR and the preference not to go down that road, the difference is though that Fax having done so saying it gives them the best options to compete next season have some saying they are lying about it.

For all the down sides to DR and no matter how much someone dislikes it they don't warrant this, that's the point I am making.

How is it going to work against Fax, because it is not the offloading of players from HKR who are needing game time after an injury or others that we must play when they say so.
Again RM will pick his team, no one else and if and when it stops working they will terminate it.

It down to options and choices and the alternative seems to be hanging on alone and falling further adrift from our rivals, how would that go down with the Fax faithful?

As I wrote previously, There are none so blind as those that will not see. I went down to The Shay to the meet the coach evening and RM came across as a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and likeable young English coach. Just what Fax want but, at the end of the day he is an employee of Halifax RLFC and will do as he is told.As Nat says Hull KR haven't gone into this to help out a 2nd division team 70 odd miles away. Just when we seem to be getting the club back on the right track we go and shoot ourselves in the foot. Only in Halifax....:-( White Hart, Todmorden. Orkney Brewery. Clootie Dumpling, 4.3% Mmm!
RankPostsTeam
International Star1978
JoinedServiceReputation
May 23 201113 years204th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Oct 24 15:556th Oct 24 17:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:50 pm  
Leigh have ditched the partnership with Wigan
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4565
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years64th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:19 pm  
Hudd-Shay wrote:
As I wrote previously, There are none so blind as those that will not see. I went down to The Shay to the meet the coach evening and RM came across as a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and likeable young English coach. Just what Fax want but, at the end of the day he is an employee of Halifax RLFC and will do as he is told.As Nat says Hull KR haven't gone into this to help out a 2nd division team 70 odd miles away. Just when we seem to be getting the club back on the right track we go and shoot ourselves in the foot. Only in Halifax....:-( White Hart, Todmorden. Orkney Brewery. Clootie Dumpling, 4.3% Mmm!

Well open your eyes then, team selection is one of the main reasons as head coach why RM is employed and he will be in control of, no one at Fax will be telling him what to do in that respects and they day they do he will walk.

If some think calling the club and coach liars just so it fits in with extreme prejudices against DR well go ahead, everyone has a choice.

This DR thing will last only for so long in any case but this sort of conduct won't have any bearing on it and think on this.

Before they are anything else they are people and don't deserve this kind of treatment in this situation IMHO, that's all I am saying.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Mar 17 06:4010th Feb 17 18:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death.

The weekend starts on a Monday.

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:41 pm  
It's done get over it.
Embrace it or don't bother turning up.
As I have said before there will be more at our final game 2015 as there were at the shambolic end of 2014.
Time to move on.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4771
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 05 201113 years98th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Oct 24 22:296th Oct 24 07:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:29 pm  
halifaxjohn wrote:
It's done get over it.
Embrace it or don't bother turning up.
As I have said before there will be more at our final game 2015 as there were at the shambolic end of 2014.
Time to move on.

It is done but I won't get over it. I won't embrace it and I won't turn up. But I won't be told what to do and what to say. This is a forum and I will put my point of view across and if you don't like it or agree with it, tough. When DR is finished and Fax have not benefited from it, we will be back supporting our club, albeit one that will forever tainted by using the farce that is DR.
PreviousNext