22nd Jul 19 21:1624th Feb 19 22:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
FAX TIL I DIE

Re: Creativity : Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:42 am  
faxcar wrote:
To be accurate Tony apart from the freak home win against leigh we have struggled to score a lot of points against our better rivals.
It's okay scoring a bagfull against some of the lower teams but not much use when you struggle to do so against the better sides.
On creativity if it turns out as rumoured that we are going to be making changes / additions in and to the 6,7 and 9 posiitons for next year then it looks like the club and coaching staff agree that we are not quite there yet.

Supporters are mearly echoing the declared ambitions of the club and to match these ambitions there is still some work to do in these positions.

It's not about being critical or negative, more like being honest and realistic.

It will be sorted, i'm sure about that.

Here here. Top post, sums it up perfectly.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9503
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200520 years53rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Oct 24 09:129th Oct 24 18:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Creativity : Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:48 am  
Ive watched Halifax nearly 30 years and given the talent in our team last night I must say that was one of the most inept attacking performances I have seen in all the time I have watched us.

Our pack was well on top and we do have players that can score trys but they wont score trys when they never see the ball. Dropping Tyrer and Worrincy was a horrible tactical decision by KH leaving us with 2 players out there that are anything but prolific try scorers.

The only break we made in the whole game was off a bad pass by a Leigh player. Yes our defence was fantastic but we had enough of the ball to win the game 3 times over.

I know people are saying we will see next year when we make some changes to key positions how good we are but we knew at the end of the last season that Thackery(Not sure he would have made any difference), and Handforth were not good enough. Add to that we release one of this levels best hookers and dont replace him and its easy to see where the problems lie.Penky on one leg last night looked more creative than most of our players put together.

I didnt think that Hewer had the best of games missing Penky`s blatant knock on that lead to Leighs first try. Also penalizing us for offside seemed a bit harsh seen as though he didnt pin Leigh for it all night given the fact that they were offside nearly every set of the game(One of the reasons I hate sitting side on because the offsides are so obvious). Im not even kidding about the offsides at times when we had them close to their line some of their players were as far as 5 yards in front of the ref without him apparently noticing.

Still I dont want to blame the ref because I think most teams would have beaten Leigh last night given that amount of ball but once again we came up short in a big game which has become the theme of our season. It wouldnt be as bad if we were exciting to watch but we really arnt and it has me questioning whether to bother going up to Barrow or not(Obviously will do :D ).
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Mar 17 06:4010th Feb 17 18:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death.

The weekend starts on a Monday.

Re: Creativity : Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:23 am  
Tony Fax wrote:
If I had (which is none of your business), would that have altered the fact that Fax are the league's highest scorers? Not really. Well, not at all. Eh?

..... and just edited your last sentence for accuracy.

Tony you can't have it both ways. When I suggested Murells kicking wasn't as good towards the end of the York game your main comment was "did you go to the game", now you are saying that question is none of any ones business, but it is obviously you business.
I think you will find that most people who did go last night thought our side lacked creativity, even Greg Florimo (who unnecessarily questioned my attendance at the York game) felt we were lacking in the creative department.
We are all entitled to our opinion without the need for your vitriol.

You also edited my spelling of Murrell in my previous post, forget other peoples spelling and try for a little accuracy in your own posts.

p.s feel free to come back with your usual withering comments.
Nothing you can say will offend me.

Have a great day.
:DANCE:
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4376No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 06 200520 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st May 18 19:0331st May 18 18:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
//www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=594576170

Re: Creativity : Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:36 am  
you can never write the season off until the fat lady sings this is the one of the most important things in sport. however if we are to basically get past the first hurdle in the playoffs we definately need much more ideas in attack or we'll come off 2nd best again. come on kh attacking play is what puts bums on seats.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach136No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 16 21:2416th Mar 16 13:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Creativity : Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:53 am  
The problem with the lack of creativity in our team is not just down to having players that aren't good enough, the coach has to hold his hand up as well. To score trys you have to pull players in the defensive line out of position and the best way to do this is to have lots of players in motion on the same play offerring the the halfback a number of options. I'll give a crude example, we seem for some reason to like the drop off, on it's own, as a play! A drop off on it's own for a good defensive unit is easy to defend against, there is basically only two options for the attacking team, the drop off or the halfback dummies and goes himself. Just by adding two wider runners outside the man dropping under the halfback already you have doubled your options and therefore given the defence twice as much to think about. It is possible to play quite expansive rugby under a very rigid coached structure. Take Wigan as an example they play a very structured way but are very expansive because the man with the ball has at least 3 options at anyone time often more. It is then up to the man with the ball to pick the right option. If we had three or four men giving the halfbacks lots of options on each attacking play but the halfbacks keep taking the wrong option, I could then say that halfback is poor/ can't read whats in front of him. From what I've witnessed we don't have that, much of the time we only have one or two men in motion on an attacking play which means unless you can run over the top of someone you are going to struggle against good sides. I have to put some of the blame on the coaching staff, if we can't play off the cuff rugby, then don't let us, give us some structure so that players know where they should be running, what lines they should be running and when they should be running them! Lol anyway B*llSh*t rant over with, I apologise if this made little sense to anyone!lol Come ON The Fax!
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3336No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 18 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Aug 19 07:146th Aug 19 17:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Dane Neerriinnnxxxx - Man of steel 2009

Re: Creativity : Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:54 am  
Said it before and I'll say it again, we are Batley, they used to finish 3rd/4th, beat teams below them but struggle against any teams above them or round them in the league, with the odd exception. Its no great shock that we bought their coach over and a few players so we are now the new old Batley.

We have not remotely looked like being able to win any of the games we have played against the other top 4 teams, that's whats worrying.

Its no good hammering teams every now and then to get a good points for column if we cant do naff all against the top teams.

The forwards yesterday did well, laid a platform. We simply had no idea in attack. If Worrincy was dropped then that's a bad call. Wide pitch like that, he has played well before there too on many occasions.

No doubt he will get picked sunday if its a boggy small field in Barrow, wouldn't surprise me.

We need a centre, not a journeyman one who's had 6 clubs before he's 24, a good hooker and another halfback.
RankPostsTeam
International Star136No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 11 201014 years319th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Aug 22 15:5321st Aug 22 11:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Creativity : Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:04 am  
Tactics by Harrison is making us look like we lack creativity. Put Calland in charge of our squad now and we would score points..

Not that i'm saying Calland is better, but on the point of creativity Harrison needs to either employ an attacking coach or implement some of his knowledge effectively or we will not improve under him.
RankPostsTeam
International Star428
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 24 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Feb 16 18:4321st Apr 15 17:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Creativity : Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:30 am  
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:

I didnt think that Hewer had the best of games missing Penky`s blatant knock on that lead to Leighs first try. Also penalizing us for offside seemed a bit harsh seen as though he didnt pin Leigh for it all night given the fact that they were offside nearly every set of the game(One of the reasons I hate sitting side on because the offsides are so obvious). Im not even kidding about the offsides at times when we had them close to their line some of their players were as far as 5 yards in front of the ref without him apparently noticing.

Still I dont want to blame the ref because I think most teams would have beaten Leigh last night given that amount of ball but once again we came up short in a big game which has become the theme of our season. It wouldnt be as bad if we were exciting to watch but we really arnt and it has me questioning whether to bother going up to Barrow or not(Obviously will do :D ).

I agree the bit about the ref being blind......................but so must you have been if you thought it was only Leigh being yards offside nearly every play. :) On one of the rare occasions when Leigh were camped on Fax's try line the ref had to step sidewards to see a play the ball because of 4 Fax players standing 3 yards in front of him blocking his view ;)
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4565
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years62nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Oct 24 11:219th Oct 24 10:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Creativity : Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:41 am  
Part Quote:
"give us some structure so that players know where they should be running, what lines they should be running and when they should be running them"

On that point Tav it was intersting to listen to a couple of observations by the commentators on Radio leighlife.

Not an exact word for word but at one point they said Halifax look out of sorts and a bit disorganised, the last couple of plays have broken down because the player passing the ball doesn't seem to know who to pass to and the players around him don't know either!!

As said before these areas must be well known now and a fix will be high on the agenda, still in the mix with plenty to play for this season but next year will be a big year to see if there is an improvement.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 19 09:5727th Apr 19 09:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Creativity : Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:31 pm  
Thought the lads put in good effort last night, 12 v 12 suited Leigh more than us though.
Regardless of what some posters who didn't attend are saying, our play is a bit one dimensional, sometimes we batter teams into submission and score heavily, but in a game like last night we needed :-
Offloads
Decoy runners
Missed man passes
Tackle busts
Runs from dummy half
Better hands out wide i.e. Drawing men
All these areas were poor, I would imagine everyone connected knows this too.

Sides are wrapping up Murrell now, hes a marked man, Handforth and Ashall are struggling to step up and take control of games and come up with alternatives.

I cant moan too much about the playing personnel though, other sides are just more expansive than us, we are still a few creative players short of where we should be, some players are not improving/developing and some are just with us a couple of seasons past their best.

Roll on play offs, lets have it sorted, and then crack on with recruiting someone at hooker and replacing Handforth who im sure knows hes ready for retirement.

Other sides may get injuries, so all is not lost totally, but they seem to have more options and play makers than us.

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics"
PreviousNext