Jan 07 200322 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th May 14 11:3824th Feb 14 19:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FAX FAN Survey : Tue May 24, 2011 11:20 pm  
freddy wrote:
The aim is to increase crowds. You are not going to get sustainable increases unless prices come down. Families may come one week with the incentive of free tickets, but given the option of then spending £50 plus the following week to watch Halifax v Hunslet......Halifax's prices would be okay if we were in Super League, but they are too high for the Championship.

But they're not going to come every week just because the price is £1 cheaper per ticket. Why would they?

You need 250 extra just for that £1
500 for £2
750 for £3 etc

There's no way that people in Halifax are sitting in the wings just waiting for the price of a ticket to come down £3. Simply reducing the gate prices is not going to work in any sport at 'this level' (the level that gets around 2,000-4,000 fans).

If ALL tickets were reduced by £5, if wouldn't have an impact of getting 1,250 in to off set the costs and even after a potential rise in crowd figures it would just hit a rut and Halifax would suddenly be charging £10 for Adults and getting 2,500 with the people not going still 'not being arsed'.

People who don't go now don't want to because they just don't, prices are just a glorious excuse that's used the world over, sport to sport.

Simply put, if reducing price was so obvious to the solution, why don't ALL Clubs (in Rugby and lower League Football) do it? Because it's financial suicide. Clubs have their own bills, VAT to pay and rising costs in the current climate just like everyone else.

The fact that Championship Rugby is practically a dead end sport just makes matters worse.

Also the 6,000 fans watching a tinpot game in 1990. What are they doing now? Well what are they not doing!? This is 2011, an age away from that. They're in pubs, cinemas, on the internet, xbox, Sky TV doing things on HD 3D Amazing -techno-vibes-full colour-screens...with surround sound, probably not even in Halifax anymore. Forget these people and forget these times.
freddy 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner88No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Apr 14 16:3115th Apr 13 02:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FAX FAN Survey : Wed May 25, 2011 11:49 am  
[There's no way that people in Halifax are sitting in the wings just waiting for the price of a ticket to come down £3. Simply reducing the gate prices is not going to work in any sport at 'this level' (the level that gets around 2,000-4,000 fans).

If ALL tickets were reduced by £5, if wouldn't have an impact of getting 1,250 in to off set the costs and even after a potential rise in crowd figures it would just hit a rut and Halifax would suddenly be charging £10 for Adults and getting 2,500 with the people not going still 'not being arsed'.

People who don't go now don't want to because they just don't, prices are just a glorious excuse that's used the world over, sport to sport.

Simply put, if reducing price was so obvious to the solution, why don't ALL Clubs (in Rugby and lower League Football) do it? Because it's financial suicide. Clubs have their own bills, VAT to pay and rising costs in the current climate just like everyone else.

The fact that Championship Rugby is practically a dead end sport just makes matters worse.

Also the 6,000 fans watching a tinpot game in 1990. What are they doing now? Well what are they not doing!? This is 2011, an age away from that. They're in pubs, cinemas, on the internet, xbox, Sky TV doing things on HD 3D Amazing -techno-vibes-full colour-screens...with surround sound, probably not even in Halifax anymore. Forget these people and forget these times.[/quote]

I'm not saying they are waiting in the wings for prices to come down. The point is that Halifax (including surrounding towns) has a larger population than some Super League clubs and has previously pulled in big crowds. The obvious way to increase crowds (as was shown in the 80's) is to be successful but, as there is no magic wand to guarantee this, the locals need an incentive to come along. Ultimately the entertainment they receive must justify the price they pay through the turnstiles and then compare favourably to what else their money could be spent on. Whilst I personally would pay more than £18 to watch Halifax, I suspect I am in a minority, and it is hard to justify spending over £50 each time I bring the family for less than 2 hours entertainment.

It is a delicate balance getting the price right. If its too cheap then the club makes no money, if its too expensive, then they don't get the crowds. My view is that at the moment, Halifax are on the wrong side of pricing and do need to reduce prices.

The club do need to bring in an aggressive marketing strategy and I'm all for all the other suggestions which have been posted. However, when it comes to paying full price, if people don't think it is value for money, they won't come back.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 09 200421 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Mar 16 12:035th Mar 16 19:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
kcab sfrawdder

Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity

Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike

SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one
Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it!

Re: FAX FAN Survey : Wed May 25, 2011 12:25 pm  
freddy wrote:
[There's no way that people in Halifax are sitting in the wings just waiting for the price of a ticket to come down £3. Simply reducing the gate prices is not going to work in any sport at 'this level' (the level that gets around 2,000-4,000 fans).

Also the 6,000 fans watching a tinpot game in 1990. What are they doing now? Well what are they not doing!? This is 2011, an age away from that. They're in pubs, cinemas, on the internet, xbox, Sky TV doing things on HD 3D Amazing -techno-vibes-full colour-screens...with surround sound, probably not even in Halifax anymore. Forget these people and forget these times.

I'm not saying they are waiting in the wings for prices to come down. The point is that Halifax (including surrounding towns) has a larger population than some Super League clubs and has previously pulled in big crowds. The obvious way to increase crowds (as was shown in the 80's) is to be successful but, as there is no magic wand to guarantee this, the locals need an incentive to come along. Ultimately the entertainment they receive must justify the price they pay through the turnstiles and then compare favourably to what else their money could be spent on. Whilst I personally would pay more than £18 to watch Halifax, I suspect I am in a minority, and it is hard to justify spending over £50 each time I bring the family for less than 2 hours entertainment.

It is a delicate balance getting the price right. If its too cheap then the club makes no money, if its too expensive, then they don't get the crowds. My view is that at the moment, Halifax are on the wrong side of pricing and do need to reduce prices.

The club do need to bring in an aggressive marketing strategy and I'm all for all the other suggestions which have been posted. However, when it comes to paying full price, if people don't think it is value for money, they won't come back.[/quote]

Sorry but that is unquantifyable , you cannot compare supporting a sports club to going to the pictures , you build loyalty into support , the price is an issue if you are trying to get somebody interested from new , it tends not to be once they are fans , if it is an issue then , they will tend just to support when funds allow , but will still remain ' fans '
freddy 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner88No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Apr 14 16:3115th Apr 13 02:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FAX FAN Survey : Wed May 25, 2011 1:54 pm  
Starbug wrote:

Sorry but that is unquantifyable , you cannot compare supporting a sports club to going to the pictures , you build loyalty into support , the price is an issue if you are trying to get somebody interested from new , it tends not to be once they are fans , if it is an issue then , they will tend just to support when funds allow , but will still remain ' fans '

It is very quantifiable, particularly whilst you're trying to build the loyalty. You can persuade people to come through with an incentive of free tickets, but how do you get them to come back in the following weeks? Most families will consider how they want to spend a Sunday afternoon. At the moment, watching Halifax for a family of 4 will cost more than other options such as going out for a pizza or going to watch a film. I agree its not an issue once you've got loyalty, but it is very hard to build that loyalty with an inconsistent team, in the second division and prices which are more expensive that other entertainment.
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 09 200421 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
kcab sfrawdder

Re: FAX FAN Survey : Wed May 25, 2011 2:21 pm  
freddy wrote:
It is very quantifiable, particularly whilst you're trying to build the loyalty. You can persuade people to come through with an incentive of free tickets, but how do you get them to come back in the following weeks? Most families will consider how they want to spend a Sunday afternoon. At the moment, watching Halifax for a family of 4 will cost more than other options such as going out for a pizza or going to watch a film. I agree its not an issue once you've got loyalty, but it is very hard to build that loyalty with an inconsistent team, in the second division and prices which are more expensive that other entertainment.

You are not going to get them back the following weeks , 1 st priority is to get them in , 2 nd priority is to make the experience a good one , 3 rd is follow that up with a cheaper deal aimed specifically at them a few weeks down the line , this will hopefully give them a good feeling about the club and they might eventually become fans

The point is , how many people in the Halifax area have never been down to the Shay to watch RL [ kids mostly we are talking about here ] ? , I would suggest 10s of 1,000 s , this gives you a massive target to go for , it is a long continuous process , there is no magic wand , all you can do is work hard and hope it pays off

There is one major point though , it is no good just getting a couple of hundred down at a time , your ave is around 2,200 , so if you get 200 down , the Shay will still look and feel empty , you need to get a 1,000/1,200 down at a time , couple this with 5/600 away fans in the away end [ yes I know there is a problem , but get it either sorted or cordon off the bit that needs the work ] by putting on free transport if neccessary

That puts around 4,000 in the Shay , whereupon it becomes a much more ' exciting ' place for a youngster , they really wont care who you are playing , do all you can to make a fuss about them , supply cheap flags ,food , anything that makes them feel ' special '

Of course it helps if you manage to win , but playing attacking RL and scoring trys will still be enough even if you lose , you are putting your values and opinions on what is on offer at the match , look at it from an 8 yr olds perspective , or even an 8 yr olds parents perspective , if the club give little Johnny and his mates a great day out for hardly any cost , they will look to come back even if only occiasionally when funds allow , but they will potentially consider themselves Fax fans , and that is the start
RankPostsTeam
International Star8No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 27 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Jun 11 10:293rd Jun 11 19:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FAX FAN Survey : Wed May 25, 2011 4:27 pm  
One of the main critisms i have about seasons tickets is the massive jump between the junior to adult prices as i'm a 17 year old student a increase of £170 from a £30 junior to £200 for adults is too much of a jump for me to be able to afford to go to the games maybe a halfway price for students possibly as i know i'm not alone in being priced of going to the games
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner8296
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 21 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 18 17:178th May 17 19:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
RFL = FAIL

Re: FAX FAN Survey : Wed May 25, 2011 6:40 pm  
EllandBoy wrote:
One of the main critisms i have about seasons tickets is the massive jump between the junior to adult prices as i'm a 17 year old student a increase of £170 from a £30 junior to £200 for adults is too much of a jump for me to be able to afford to go to the games maybe a halfway price for students possibly as i know i'm not alone in being priced of going to the games

Students pay concession prices.
C Cup 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner489No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 27 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Jan 20 13:3512th Jan 20 13:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FAX FAN Survey : Wed May 25, 2011 6:57 pm  
Done it.

Made half a dozen suggestions including more kids entertainment e.g. the face painters Also, marketing campaigns to local businesses, splitting the golden gamble prize into 2 or 3 smaller ones.

Oh, and bring back the drummers. Who remembers them? :DRUMMER:
Bubba 
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5606
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200223 years314th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Oct 24 18:1327th Sep 24 08:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Loving the hypocrisy of some.

Re: FAX FAN Survey : Wed May 25, 2011 7:29 pm  
Tortured Soul wrote:
FAO: Mr. Fax - just a point about the Cashfax questions. I've had to check options for two questions because the correct option does not appear, ie; why I don't buy cashfax and the following one. Another option could be 'other' with a box to fill in.

I agree. I started to fill it in but gave up half way through as its not very well thought out.

1) What are the reasons for not owning a season ticket? The option I want isnt there but it wont let me give other feedback.
2) How many home games attended each season? Wont let me choose zero.
3) How many away games attended each season? Wont let me choose zero.
4) Have you bought any of the following merchandise in the last 12 months? It wont let me choose no.
5) What other items would you like to see the club sell? Wont let me choose nothing.
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 09 200421 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
kcab sfrawdder

Re: FAX FAN Survey : Wed May 25, 2011 7:31 pm  
Bubba wrote:
I agree. I started to fill it in but gave up half way through as its not very well thought out.

1) What are the reasons for not owning a season ticket? The option I want isnt there but it wont let me give other feedback.
2) How many home games attended each season? Wont let me choose zero.
3) How many away games attended each season? Wont let me choose zero.
4) Have you bought any of the following merchandise in the last 12 months? It wont let me choose no.
5) What other items would you like to see the club sell? Wont let me choose nothing.

Have you ever thought of being funny for a living ?
PreviousNext