Oct 22 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Mar 19 22:2225th Nov 18 21:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Statement from the club : Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:26 pm  
Zaphod_B wrote:
Having just read that statement just goes to illustrate why the protest is needed. The club has been gagged and the governing body are not listening to their 'customers' - us the paying supporters. The 'customers' only voice now is to vote with their feet and turn away from the sport. This is becoming clear with dwindling crowds and more talk and chatter around the game than the game. As long as the RFL govern the lower leagues in this manner, crowds will fall further and we will end up with crowds like championship 1 with the game slowly dying.

Spot on -
I understand why the Board have done this, they have been ordered to do so by the RFL and are powerless as the RFL will 'get us back' if they carry on with their protestations.
But I am not being gagged as we the fans of the clubs below SL are the only people the RFL cannot control as this is England and a free country. We must do the protest otherwise the RFL have won and Fat Controller will be laughing his head off.
Lets do it, sorry Tony but this is not you the club its us the fans doing it so don't worry.
If we just cave in then that to me will prove just how much power the RFL have, they are a mafia.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 25 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Sep 16 18:072nd Sep 16 21:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST BUT NOT RELIVE IT.YOU CAN HOPE FOR THE FUTURE BUT CAN NEVER BE SURE THERE WILL BE ONE.

Re: Statement from the club : Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:07 pm  
If I can just squeeze myself in between Starbug and Freddies wig little love in that`s going on :HEARTKISS: and just say the statement (apart from one sentance) was what I expected to be honest but it`s not just about issues at Fax , other Clubs are also looking at starting their own little groups so I`m supposed to run around like Sgt Pyke from Dads Army because he thinks the Germans are coming.No way.
I could not believe it last night when I watched Toy Story 3 with my grandaughter it was a direct anolagy to the RFL and the Champ Clubs An evil big Teddy with his henchman Baby all the toys wanting to get into the nice room of Sunnyside Nursery but instead are put in the room where everyone treats them badly. But as it`s a Fairy Story the toys all fought back and won the day. But this is not a Fairy Story but I`m not prepared to let the RFL tell me I cannot wear a T shirt.
Oh and Pete I admire you greatly how you keep quiet when the RFL provide you with such funny material which you could use if you chose shows resiliance of the highest order.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Jan 18 23:1311th Jan 18 23:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Statement from the club : Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:40 pm  
Big let down by the BOD and feel very disappointed by the Statement. First of all a complete failure to understand the anger of the fans and the failure of why the Spirit of 1895 Group has been formed. Secondly I feel the BOD have shot themselves in the foot by having a go at things and then a complete turn around. Cant say I am impressed with that at all. Thirdly there is nothing about which areas we have failed on and how we are going to improve on them. What exactly have we failed and how can the fans as well as the BOD improve things?

Frankly I feel let down by the club to a certain degree despite the hard work they do. Theres nothing in that statement that I can take as a positive and just comes across as a Propaganda exercise from The RFL. Just another nail in the coffin for me in following Pro RL. I dont get to see Fax that often but I feel why waste money on watching a game where the away team bring no fans and no matter what Fax do we will be staying in the Championship. This rate I will just be watching the NRL and amateur Rugby League as the future outside of SL is doomed and I refuse to watch any SL or Support the RFL events whilst things are the way they are.

Its OK trying to be diplomatic but also theres a time to stand up. I would hope Fax be at the forefront of getting the clubs to force changes at the RFL. Others are not happy like Gary Hetherington. Stand up for the game not just accept the Bullcrap from the 3 Monkeys. I hope Fax and other member clubs force Wood, Rimmer and Lewis to be made answerable on the poor running of Rugby League. They voted these pillocks in and they need to get answers as to why the game is on its knees below SL and why the RFL have made such a mess of Crusaders and let down players and Officials etc.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9503
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200520 years53rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Oct 24 10:029th Oct 24 18:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Statement from the club : Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:47 pm  
I dont get it. Am i been thick or something because if the process is fair and transparent like the BOD says then how can this protest possibly harm the clubs chances? Just like it is not based on the onfield performances it also isnt based on whether your fans like the sports governing body or not.

So all this fighting talk from the club has come to nothing and now they accept that even though they believed otherwise at the time, that our application was the worst of the lot? What changed their mind? Why did our bid fail, i guess everyone wants transparency but the club arnt about to grant that priveledge to its own fans. The fans want to know the actual areas that let the clubs bid down.

I think the protests should carry on regardless, its not like we have a relistic chance of getting in SL in 3 years time if the current board are in charge.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 25 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST BUT NOT RELIVE IT.YOU CAN HOPE FOR THE FUTURE BUT CAN NEVER BE SURE THERE WILL BE ONE.

Re: Statement from the club : Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:22 am  
The Lucky Black Cat wrote:
Big let down by the BOD and feel very disappointed by the Statement. First of all a complete failure to understand the anger of the fans and the failure of why the Spirit of 1895 Group has been formed. Secondly I feel the BOD have shot themselves in the foot by having a go at things and then a complete turn around. Cant say I am impressed with that at all. Thirdly there is nothing about which areas we have failed on and how we are going to improve on them. What exactly have we failed and how can the fans as well as the BOD improve things?

Frankly I feel let down by the club to a certain degree despite the hard work they do. Theres nothing in that statement that I can take as a positive and just comes across as a Propaganda exercise from The RFL. Just another nail in the coffin for me in following Pro RL. I dont get to see Fax that often but I feel why waste money on watching a game where the away team bring no fans and no matter what Fax do we will be staying in the Championship. This rate I will just be watching the NRL and amateur Rugby League as the future outside of SL is doomed and I refuse to watch any SL or Support the RFL events whilst things are the way they are.

Its OK trying to be diplomatic but also theres a time to stand up. I would hope Fax be at the forefront of getting the clubs to force changes at the RFL. Others are not happy like Gary Hetherington. Stand up for the game not just accept the Bullcrap from the 3 Monkeys. I hope Fax and other member clubs force Wood, Rimmer and Lewis to be made answerable on the poor running of Rugby League. They voted these pillocks in and they need to get answers as to why the game is on its knees below SL and why the RFL have made such a mess of Crusaders and let down players and Officials etc.

I wish you`d move back here , we could do with a few more like you .Your standing up for what`s right must have come from where you played your rugby.
How did the song go "Greetland are coming up the hill boys ,Greetland are coming up the hill. Finish it for It`s been a long time I `ve forgoten the words.
Oh by the way Gary Etherington called them impotent , well let`s see how impotent they are with Gary.
Do you think they will make him write a retraction to say he did not mean it and from now on he will be a good boy?
Or do you think they will dare not to have a go at him `cos they can`t get away with pushing him around?
Or do you think they have had a go but he will just totally ignore them ?
Answers on a postcard please.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1031No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 15 201114 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Jan 17 15:428th Sep 16 18:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Statement from the club : Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:14 am  
Looks to me like your directors have had the nudge and a wink regards the next licences just like we all suspect Widnes had. keep quiet lads heads down and your in next time. For what its worth in my opinion your bid was not as good as Wakeys, they went into Admin but after the Crusaders had too, the RFL got rid of that rule so it doesnt matter, your ground is better than theres but there youth structure blinds yours. So in all fairness i dont think you deserved a place above Wakey. However the whole system is a charade so the RFL can pick the 14 teams they want, they are killing the game under super league and fans must stand up. I personally think the best way to get at the RFL and get them to listen is to get an organised cancelation of SKY sports from all championship fans that pay for it after the grand final (at warrington that is) Sky will demand action im sure
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 18 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Sep 23 22:0312th Mar 18 18:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
'Fax fan in Stockport: The jewel in the ring of Manchester

Re: Statement from the club : Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:01 am  
Prior to Crusaders capitulating I think the BOD (as everyone did) expected Wakey to go dowm. Toilet of a ground and in administration. That's what was expected to unfold that Tuesday morning. Once the bombshell had been dropped about Crusaders and the realization that toilet administration club Wakey had got in - then the INSTANT reaction was "WTF"!!!! How can Wakey now get that remaining spot after their recent abuse of their license? That was Michael's first and stated reaction.

What HAS happened since then is the stark fact that, compared side by side, our bid was considered weaker than toilet administration club Wakefield. This is largely due to the fact that the RFL have again trusted the promises of the toilet administration club - on the back of the reality that they now have a wealthy backer. Strangely enough - they are the safest bet in the RFL's eyes. As well as the backer - they probably have a full compliment of back office staff and the recent experience of managing a club in Super League (albeit very badly in some areas). We still rely on hard working volunteers in many of the things we do and for the RFL that's probably a "no-no".

To get in SL we'd have to show them the money, we'd have to start to produce a more professional back-office and, ultimately for the club itself - get those gates above 3,000.

It's a tall order.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Mar 17 06:4010th Feb 17 18:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death.

The weekend starts on a Monday.

Re: Statement from the club : Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:02 am  
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 25 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Statement from the club : Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:19 am  
gingdong wrote:
Looks to me like your directors have had the nudge and a wink regards the next licences just like we all suspect Widnes had. keep quiet lads heads down and your in next time. For what its worth in my opinion your bid was not as good as Wakeys, they went into Admin but after the Crusaders had too, the RFL got rid of that rule so it doesnt matter, your ground is better than theres but there youth structure blinds yours. So in all fairness i dont think you deserved a place above Wakey. However the whole system is a charade so the RFL can pick the 14 teams they want, they are killing the game under super league and fans must stand up. I personally think the best way to get at the RFL and get them to listen is to get an organised cancelation of SKY sports from all championship fans that pay for it after the grand final (at warrington that is) Sky will demand action im sure

Another way as well is to have a show of unity at Warrington where it is`nt just Fax fans but fans of all Championship clubs turning our backs for one minute is cheap and effective .
I think clubs should stop taking the Dual reg players from Super League too we are being used to keep their players fit and they can pull them whenever they wish.
I also take on board Littlerich remarks re` the back office but the point is the Championship clubs are geting a much less slice of the cake than the Super League clubs we will never be able to compare .
I have also been reading the Fev site and there is enormous support for this campaign down there I remember when Super League started they tried to force Fev and Cass to combine and they fought them and kept their own identity .I f fans unite and speak out we may see a change the way I see it ordinary people never get anything given automaticaly you have to speak out and fight for something you believe in or you just might as well pack in.
I know dozens who have done just that they go and do something else on a Sunday now instead of watching our team because they feel they cannot do anything to change what is hapening within our game.
Despite grand announcements to the contrary at the begining of the season I think our attendances are down and why is that. Every time we get the chance of a decent Sunday gate like Leigh and Widnes the RFL allow Sky to move it from a Sunday and we get nothing for it.
Last edited by johnny freeman fan club on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1743No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 03 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Nov 19 16:2223rd Aug 19 06:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Statement from the club : Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:34 am  
The more the year goes on the more and more unlikly it is that i will be getting a ST for next year.

The first major thing i want to know before buying a ST is what are the fixtures going to look like next year, If its the same BS as this year all becuase sheffield have nowhere to play from then i am taking at least a year out from going to watch. If its how it should be and everyone plays everyone in the first half of the season then i am board.

Also it depends on what the league makup will look like next season, With Widnes and Toulose gone and the rumours of expanding our league, Crusaders to come in, No-one relegated and a few more clubs from CC1 promoted then it will be a mickey poor watered down league with no real spectacles to look forward to other than Leigh, Fev, Batley, Barrow and Crusaders. Then there would be York, Hunslet, Dewsbury, Swinton ?. Keighley ?. or Whitehaven, Limited fan base and income streams with weakened teams.

It feels very much to me like the next 3 years in this league is not going to strengthen the competition but make it more of a divide within the leagues with playoff places being the same every year, FAX, Fev, Leigh, Batley, Barrow, Sheffield........Subject to points deductions and Salary cap breaches
PreviousNext