Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: oh dear widnes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:07 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:54 am
Posts: 2545
Location: In my Volvo XC90
Tony Fax wrote:No idea what you're on about. The dropped ball by Blacky was in the Northern Rail semi, Widnes didn't get "promoted", they got into SL through the dodgy franchise system. So karma if they'd get relegated anyway.

Brilliant watching that tonight. These arrogant SL teams think we're easy beats, but I bet the whinos are bricking it now. Come on Toulouse!


If Fax move up into SL will you be one of the arrogant ones ???






[img]//www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/giantscorpio.gif[/img]

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: oh dear widnes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:17 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 6103
Location: Halifax, the sleeping giants of Rugby League
Hudd-Shay wrote:The 2007 NRC victory was, I believe, irrelevant. The criteria at the time stated, amongst other things, that a club had to have reached the NRC final in 2009/2010. Therefore Ben Black's dropped ball did get Widnes back into SL.


Widnes reached the NRC final in both 2009 and 2010 (therefore backing up my argument YET AGAIN that the Ben Black dropped ball did not contribute to thieir successful franchise bid) and Fax did not get to the NRC final in either 2009 or 2010 but were still one of those who bid for a franchise, so your argument falls flat on its face. Fax, however, did reach the NRC in 2011 (losing to Leigh) so you're probably getting all confused.






AM I RIGHT? I'M NOT WRONG!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: oh dear widnes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:44 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:21 pm
Posts: 730
To settle this....:)
You had to win the nrc to allow a franchise bid,not just get to final.Widnes lost there in 2010 but won it in 2009.However Blacky's brainfart was in the 2009 semi,so it was totally relevant.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: oh dear widnes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:49 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 6103
Location: Halifax, the sleeping giants of Rugby League
Beaujangles wrote:To settle this....:)
You had to win the nrc to allow a franchise bid,not just get to final.Widnes lost there in 2010 but won it in 2009.However Blacky's brainfart was in the 2009 semi,so it was totally relevant.


I think you've contradicted yourself there, Beaujangles.

And it doesn't explain why Fax were allowed to bid for the 2012 entry when they themselves hadn't won the NRC up to 2011.






AM I RIGHT? I'M NOT WRONG!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: oh dear widnes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:53 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 10:14 pm
Posts: 5159
You had to win "summat".






Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: oh dear widnes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:57 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3480
Location: Shuddersfield
Tony Fax wrote:I think you've contradicted yourself there, Beaujangles.

And it doesn't explain why Fax were allowed to bid for the 2012 entry when they themselves hadn't won the NRC up to 2011.

Because we got to the Grand Final..robbed on and off the pitch by Barrow.






Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: oh dear widnes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:59 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:21 pm
Posts: 730
Tony Fax wrote:I think you've contradicted yourself there, Beaujangles.

And it doesn't explain why Fax were allowed to bid for the 2012 entry when they themselves hadn't won the NRC up to 2011.

Not at all...Getting to(not winning) the grand final was part of the criteria too and we got there in 2009 and 2010.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: oh dear widnes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:27 pm 
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:22 pm
Posts: 25
Maybe go back and check the criteria instead of guessing on memory. Beaujangles has it right in the most recent post.

As for Sky, what do you expect. They have no clue on the Championship clubs. Have they ever had? Even when one game a week was broadcast, I'd hardly say the knowledge they had was extensive. They just picked up bits and bats throughout the season on previous games they'd covered!

Hopefully last night's result will shock Super League / and Sky even more. It's certainly not shocked many Championship fans/clubs has it.?

The longer they show a lack of interest, knowledge, respect to the Championship, the better for me. They are clueless on the whole anyway.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: oh dear widnes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:41 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:32 am
Posts: 1442
Beaujangles wrote:Not at all...Getting to(not winning) the grand final was part of the criteria too and we got there in 2009 and 2010.


Correct

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: oh dear widnes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:41 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:37 pm
Posts: 2375
Location: surrey
Faxlore wrote:That pi88ed me off too. they kept on about Widnes being full time as if London were not. Do Sky and their presenters not realise that 3 out of the top 4 are full time. I think at one point they mentioned only Toronto being full time. Sky and SL are in for a shock. I can see 2 SL clubs going being demoted this time, one being the 'mighty' Leeds.
Our League is getting better and they need to wake up..

UP THE FAX!


Oh, they are awake to it. Hence they are trying to reduce funding and get rid of the middle 8s!






Oh hali hali hali hali halifax

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next





It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:24 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 103 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:24 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,985,7351,60677,9054,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
Sun 9th Feb 15:00
 CH
FEATHERSTONE
v
HALIFAX
Sun 16th Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
YORK
Sun 8th Mar 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
HALIFAX
Sun 22nd Mar 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 29th Mar 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SWINTON LIONS
Fri 10th Apr 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
HALIFAX
Wed 15th Apr 19:30
 CH
HALIFAX
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
Sun 19th Apr 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 26th Apr 15:00
 CH
OLDHAM
v
HALIFAX
Sun 3rd May 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
WHITEHAVEN
Sat 16th May 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
TOULOUSE
Sun 24th May 15:00
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
HALIFAX
Sat 30th May 17:15
 CH
HALIFAX
v
YORK
Sun 14th Jun 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 21st Jun 15:00
 CH
WIDNES VIKINGS
v
HALIFAX
Sat 27th Jun 15:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
HALIFAX
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





15

.