WWW.RLFANS.COM
https://retro.rlfans.com/

Restructure
https://retro.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=618689
Page 7 of 11

Author:  bentleyman [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Restructure

Boards/owners/players come & go the one constant is Supporters @ the moment I feel like somebody who supported Brexit & lost the referendum!

Author:  Hudd-Shay [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Restructure

Faxlore wrote:The club does not belong to the supporters. it belongs to the owner or the largest share holder. As much as you would like to think you own it because you come to watch the games, it does not.

We seem to be very negative on here lately. we have a good club a good team who have done well this season and some very dedicated supporters group.

The people who buy clubs may in reality own them but they are just custodians with a responsibility for the future and heritage of the club. Halifax is my club, always has been, always will be.

Author:  Fuzzy Duck [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Restructure

Faxlore wrote:The club does not belong to the supporters. it belongs to the owner or the largest share holder. As much as you would like to think you own it because you come to watch the games, it does not.



Not really. The club DOES "belong" to the supporters. Just like a pub belongs to its drinkers and Greggs belongs to its customers. No drinkers = no pub. No customers = no Greggs. No supporters = no rubgy league clubs.

Author:  Cassandra [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Restructure

Fuzzy Duck wrote:Not really. The club DOES "belong" to the supporters. Just like a pub belongs to its drinkers and Greggs belongs to its customers. No drinkers = no pub. No customers = no Greggs. No supporters = no rubgy league clubs.




Club goes under no supporters.

Author:  HXSparky [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Restructure

They need each other

Author:  Greg Florimos Boots [ Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Restructure

Beaujangles wrote:Can't think LS28 would have been in favour if the club weren't....


The supporters group would have had very little influence as to how the club voted to be honest. I would be both amazed and disappointed if the club voted in favour of the new proposals.

Author:  Hudd-Shay [ Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Restructure

Greg Florimos Boots wrote:The supporters group would have had very little influence as to how the club voted to be honest. I would be both amazed and disappointed if the club voted in favour of the new proposals.

X2.

Author:  faxcar [ Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Restructure

Greg Florimos Boots wrote:Bullied in to believing they may get some scraps from the new TV deal. Fools.

As you say scraps will be what’s left for us.
The money and power will go to SL, the structure is just a smokescreen.

Author:  griff1998 [ Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Restructure

It seems that the finances have been rejigged a little, hence the apparent change in the Championship clubs' viewpoint.

On the assumption that the financial deal is now satisfactory, I don't have a big issue with the outcome, other than we now have a situation whereby, with a fotnit to go to the end of the season, clubs who thought they were relegated now find that they haven't been relegated after all - yet. In fairness, $uperleague have had no part in that - it was a purely Championship decision.

Author:  Fuzzy Duck [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Restructure

griff1998 wrote:It seems that the finances have been rejigged a little, hence the apparent change in the Championship clubs' viewpoint.

On the assumption that the financial deal is now satisfactory, I don't have a big issue with the outcome, other than we now have a situation whereby, with a fotnit to go to the end of the season, clubs who thought they were relegated now find that they haven't been relegated after all - yet. In fairness, $uperleague have had no part in that - it was a purely Championship decision.


Agree. As long as we don't get short changed then a top 5 play off consisting of only Championship teams with a guaranteed promotion is a far better system than the middle 8s. It still has the excitement of getting into the top 5 and also gets rid of the dreaded amd pointless Championship Shield.

Page 7 of 11 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/