Board index Championship Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk Q/A with board and coach next Friday..



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday..
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:46 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:01 pm
Posts: 1298
Location: http://www.malpowellauthor.com
Mr Grix has a two and a half year contract. To replace him the club would have to pay his full pay of two and a half years.
At the Friday meeting, attended by just short of 2 hundred I thought our new Chairman was very ignorant in the way he talked down to potential sponsors, the audience was shocked at his attitude. The people on the new board have an upward climb.
I suggested the board should include Ladies. this was looked on favourably, provided the Ladies made the first contact.
The board pushed for the fans to join the Squad Builder fund, although none of the new board have joined, they think they have contributed enough.
New players will not be introduced until all deals have been completed.
Simon Grix conducted himself well. I feel sorry for the man, he's been thrown into the lions den by the previous board, promoted to head coach on a 2.5 year contract when he has the same experience as the board, "No Experience."
We had a good squad, played fantastic against the Saints, then play like they don't care.
I personally think directors shouldn't be throwing money at the club, they should investigate the root of the problem, until that happens we are going nowhere.
I dread to think what the attendance will be on this coming Sunday.






//www.malpowellauthor.com
Author of Science Fiction Novels
The Lords of Heaven, The Lord Keepers,
The Lords of Empire, and the Outcasts

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday..
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:52 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3420
Location: Shuddersfield
Malfax wrote:Mr Grix has a two and a half year contract. To replace him the club would have to pay his full pay of two and a half years.
At the Friday meeting, attended by just short of 2 hundred I thought our new Chairman was very ignorant in the way he talked down to potential sponsors, the audience was shocked at his attitude. The people on the new board have an upward climb.
I suggested the board should include Ladies. this was looked on favourably, provided the Ladies made the first contact.
The board pushed for the fans to join the Squad Builder fund, although none of the new board have joined, they think they have contributed enough.
New players will not be introduced until all deals have been completed.
Simon Grix conducted himself well. I feel sorry for the man, he's been thrown into the lions den by the previous board, promoted to head coach on a 2.5 year contract when he has the same experience as the board, "No Experience."
We had a good squad, played fantastic against the Saints, then play like they don't care.
I personally think directors shouldn't be throwing money at the club, they should investigate the root of the problem, until that happens we are going nowhere.
I dread to think what the attendance will be on this coming Sunday.

Malcolm, who is our new chairman?






Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday..
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:19 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:01 pm
Posts: 1298
Location: http://www.malpowellauthor.com
Mr L Turner is the new Chair
Michael Steel will be the clubs rep at the RFL
Ian Croad, football director
David Grayson continues in his current position

Associate Directors, David Durbin of the Trust.
Associate Director Mr Gray of the removal firm
Tony Lee Commercial Manager






//www.malpowellauthor.com
Author of Science Fiction Novels
The Lords of Heaven, The Lord Keepers,
The Lords of Empire, and the Outcasts

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday..
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 am 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 10:22 am
Posts: 226
irrespective of the superannuated titles only Turner and Grayson are Company directors. Turner has spent lots of cash on sponsorship in recent years and Grayson has been vital In all The development work.

Croad’s position is to manage the recruitment, the last time he did this he overspent the budget and wouldn’t take responsibility for it, he put some money into the club years ago and extracts every penny back out by his “free” box and hospitality at every game.

Steele owns more shares than anyone else and appears just to want to go to meetings with his mates at the RFL and be the puppet master. The club wouldn’t be here if not for the huge amount he spent, but he had to because he kept mucking up the budgets.

I do not envy the work that the directors need to do to turn things around, on and off the field, I just worry about the depth in quality - on and off the field!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday..
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3420
Location: Shuddersfield
Malfax wrote:Mr L Turner is the new Chair
Michael Steel will be the clubs rep at the RFL
Ian Croad, football director
David Grayson continues in his current position

Associate Directors, David Durbin of the Trust.
Associate Director Mr Gray of the removal firm
Tony Lee Commercial Manager

Thanks for the information.






Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday..
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:25 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 2228
Location: On the Star Ship Andromeda Hope Lives Again !!
charlie caroli wrote:I forecast a win on Sept 1st to end your losing run.


I wouldn't bet on it !! I rarely look fwd to the Season ending this is one of them

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday..
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:26 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:06 pm
Posts: 880
Location: Mixenden
Halifax RLFC have being slowly dying since leaving Thrum Hall …………………………...






It's not over til the fat lady sings

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday..
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:13 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:57 pm
Posts: 124
Overall feedback i've heard about the event was copious amount of questions, little to no answers.

Also heard the same about Lawrence Turner. Very ignorant the way he was talking to people.

I think we certainly need to bring in another coach to help Grix; new ideas, different approaches etc. I've no doubt in Grix's ability to understand Rugby League and how it should be played but that doesn't mean he can effectively pass this on through coaching others. Time will tell.

One closing point - Talent/names aren't everything, so don't be disappointed if we don't make any big name signings. It's more about being able work hard for each other and actually give a sh*t. At the minute when watching the players, some of them don't look interested. I want to see players making that extra effort when they make a mistake, chase back to make a last ditch tackle and run the ball hard. And at the end of the game we lose, at least we have put the effort in.

Hopefully Grix is able to get the lads playing together again. Doubt it will be this season mind you.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday..
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:32 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:48 am
Posts: 5560
Location: Halifax
From what I've seen and heard about the new chairman hes not someone I'd want running my club. But there are plenty of others; Steele, Abbott, croad (from what others have said on here), etc.

Stephen Pearson would have got legendary status had it not been for his untimely death.






Loving the hypocrisy of some.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday..
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:09 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am
Posts: 8327
Bubba wrote:From what I've seen and heard about the new chairman hes not someone I'd want running my club. But there are plenty of others; Steele, Abbott, croad (from what others have said on here), etc.

Stephen Pearson would have got legendary status had it not been for his untimely death.


What have you heard? From my experience he has been stuck up his own backside ever since ive known him around the club which is back when he were part of the group who took over the club along with Stephen Pearson. Is it true that Jennifer Pearson saw fit to hand over her shares to him? That could be wild speculation but Ive heard it once or twice.







"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein


"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next





It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:47 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 88 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:47 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,968,5531,41177,8504,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





15

.