Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rochdale game.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:17 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3479
Location: Shuddersfield
charlie caroli wrote:Cmon Pete, a 6 point loss is not a hammering, you did do well in the Cup,which I applaud.
Which players where screwed?Surely not any who have returned. :thumb:

Ask Kevin Larroyer.






Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rochdale game.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:53 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12918
Location: blackpool tower circus
faxcar wrote:Well he was right Ian, just not the way round he predicted. :lol:

To be honest as well, the state Leigh were in at the time of the prediction you might have agreed with him apart form the fact that you were saying nowt, Charlie had left the building!!!! :lol:

Just goes to show how quickly things can turn for many of the teams / clubs / and supporters in this division.

Fax will be back but I can't predict in what form or strength.

I don’t doubt Fax will be back, too good of a Club to fade away,you have a good set of Directors , just need a bit of cash behind them.
I agree about things can change as well , we at are lucky to Derek,at the start of the season our team was nothing like it is now,but the support was still good around 3,000.
You know what I say is only banter,I even have 2 teams in the Fax Fantasy League comp, though I’m doing terrible this year.
I love visits to the Shay and look forward to meeting the fans,as you say Fax will comeback. :thumb:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rochdale game.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:58 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12918
Location: blackpool tower circus
Hudd-Shay wrote:Ask Kevin Larroyer.

I think only Larroyer and Rhys Evans were the only players threatening to take action, but they both found Clubs , we didn’t get any fees so it was a mutual agreement.
I bet Larroyer was paid a signing on fee by Fax, so he wouldn’t be that much out of pocket.
If anything it was some of the players that screwed us, Kurt Baptiste didn’t earn his cash.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rochdale game.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:09 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 3160
charlie caroli wrote:I don’t doubt Fax will be back, too good of a Club to fade away,you have a good set of Directors , just need a bit of cash behind them.
I agree about things can change as well , we at are lucky to Derek,at the start of the season our team was nothing like it is now,but the support was still good around 3,000.
You know what I say is only banter,I even have 2 teams in the Fax Fantasy League comp, though I’m doing terrible this year.
I love visits to the Shay and look forward to meeting the fans,as you say Fax will comeback. :thumb:


There's usually a prediction thread before the season starts and I bet more get it wrong than get it right, either way it's just a bit of fun so why GFB should be singled out as being any different????

Personally I don't do them, it's comes from once seeing the Blackpool Beach fortune teller was closed due to unforeseen circumstances. :?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rochdale game.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:14 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3479
Location: Shuddersfield
charlie caroli wrote:I think only Larroyer and Rhys Evans were the only players threatening to take action, but they both found Clubs , we didn’t get any fees so it was a mutual agreement.
I bet Larroyer was paid a signing on fee by Fax, so he wouldn’t be that much out of pocket.
If anything it was some of the players that screwed us, Kurt Baptiste didn’t earn his cash.
Ian, I doubt very much that Fax paid KL any fee. As I understand it we paid him a percentage of his wage at Leigh. But it's not just about money is it? It's the way you treat people, and whilst I don't know Mr Beaumont he's not the most popular of blokes is he? Anyroad, enjoy the play-offs but remember, cream allus rises to the top. Especially when it's Yorkshire cream. See you next season.






Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rochdale game.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:37 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12918
Location: blackpool tower circus
Hudd-Shay wrote:Ian, I doubt very much that Fax paid KL any fee. As I understand it we paid him a percentage of his wage at Leigh. But it's not just about money is it? It's the way you treat people, and whilst I don't know Mr Beaumont he's not the most popular of blokes is he? Anyroad, enjoy the play-offs but remember, cream allus rises to the top. Especially when it's Yorkshire cream. See you next season.

I have soft spot for Yorkshire,I was born on Yorkshire Day,and love the place, we are staying near Shelby in 2weeks time in a log cabin, and recently had a great week end in Harrogate, visiting York Races,and I’m an Hononary Flat Capper, :lol: I know don’t have much chance in the play offs, for me we ain’t good enough,simple as that, so I will enjoy the games,and see you and Di next season. :thumb: .

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rochdale game.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:51 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 3160
charlie caroli wrote:I have soft spot for Yorkshire,I was born on Yorkshire Day,and love the place, we are staying near Shelby in 2weeks time in a log cabin, and recently had a great week end in Harrogate, visiting York Races,and I’m an Hononary Flat Capper, :lol: I know don’t have much chance in the play offs, for me we ain’t good enough,simple as that, so I will enjoy the games,and see you and Di next season. :thumb: .

Yes we know you love us really Ian and we know, that you know one of our directors, as well as Andy Gregory. :wink:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rochdale game.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:07 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12918
Location: blackpool tower circus
faxcar wrote:Yes we know you love us really Ian and we know, that you know one of our directors, as well as Andy Gregory. :wink:

Then all is well in life, I can look forward to a welcome in Selby,and a few days touring hopefully sunny Yarkshire. :thumb: .

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rochdale game.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:29 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am
Posts: 8377
faxcar wrote:There's usually a prediction thread before the season starts and I bet more get it wrong than get it right, either way it's just a bit of fun so why GFB should be singled out as being any different????

Personally I don't do them, it's comes from once seeing the Blackpool Beach fortune teller was closed due to unforeseen circumstances. :?


Im not sure the point that Mr Dog is trying to make, obviously he got any predictions he made bang on? On paper we had the same team that finished 4th along with what looked like some decent additions not to mention that Leigh did not even finish the season been able to raise 17 players. Yeah the prediction looks bad now but at the time? Where did the pundits place us? Looks like they got it very wrong as well.

As for Charlie, like I said it would have been easy to go on their message board at the end of last season and rub their noses in it, not once did I do that though yet every chance Charlie gets he comes on here and does the same dressing it up as "I like Fax, Im friends with one of their directors, etc etc". When it goes pop again Charlie will be reminded at every opportunity.







"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein


"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rochdale game.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:42 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12918
Location: blackpool tower circus
:) e
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:Im not sure the point that Mr Dog is trying to make, obviously he got any predictions he made bang on? On paper we had the same team that finished 4th along with what looked like some decent additions not to mention that Leigh did not even finish the season been able to raise 17 players. Yeah the prediction looks bad now but at the time? Where did the pundits place us? Looks like they got it very wrong as well.

As for Charlie, like I said it would have been easy to go on their message board at the end of last season and rub their noses in it, not once did I do that though yet every chance Charlie gets he comes on here and does the same dressing it up as "I like Fax, Im friends with one of their directors, etc etc". When it goes pop again Charlie will be reminded at every opportunity.

I think this last paragraph is wishful thinking,we have a couple of very useful recruits yet to be announced for next season, I’ve already said we won’t make much progress in the play offs as I don’t think we are good enough .
Next season we will make our mark though.But again I expect Fev, Toulouse, York, Bradford, Sheff,Batley,And Swinton to improve ,and Whitehaven will again be a force,along with whoever gets relegated and of course Widnes.
Why you think things will go pop is beyond me,our gates are very good ,LISA is very strong ,and Derek has his RL appetite back.Be Lucky. :thumb: .

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next





It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:29 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Dors and 105 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:29 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,983,9591,37177,9044,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
Sun 9th Feb 15:00
 CH
FEATHERSTONE
v
HALIFAX
Sun 16th Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
YORK
Sun 8th Mar 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
HALIFAX
Sun 22nd Mar 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 29th Mar 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SWINTON LIONS
Fri 10th Apr 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
HALIFAX
Wed 15th Apr 19:30
 CH
HALIFAX
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
Sun 19th Apr 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 26th Apr 15:00
 CH
OLDHAM
v
HALIFAX
Sun 3rd May 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
WHITEHAVEN
Sat 16th May 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
TOULOUSE
Sun 24th May 15:00
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
HALIFAX
Sat 30th May 17:15
 CH
HALIFAX
v
YORK
Sun 14th Jun 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 21st Jun 15:00
 CH
WIDNES VIKINGS
v
HALIFAX
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





15

.